Author Topic: Rumor: New Orleans made Nikola Mirotic, Randle, E’Twaun Moore available  (Read 1169 times)

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Lowe evidently mentioned this on his podcast.

Per @ZachLowe_NBA: New Orleans made Nikola Mirotic, Julius Randle and E’Twaun Moore available for picks over the weekend.

Twitter

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 656
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Scal just said this. NO is looking to dump salary (Thomas, Moore and Holliday) and that is one of the reasons they could do the deal now with LA...to dump contracts on the Lakers.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
What about Holiday?

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Scal just said this. NO is looking to dump salary (Thomas, Moore and Holliday) and that is one of the reasons they could do the deal now with LA...to dump contracts on the Lakers.

But if they dump contracts on the Lakers, the Lakers can’t add that third star

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
What about Holiday?

He's going to the Celtics with Davis  ;).

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Randle for Morris and a pick would be a nice get if NO panics and undervalues him. Morris has been so excellent this season it gives me pause, but that's a major talent upgrade to a guy who's around 24/11/4 per 36 right now, and not another wing.

Also the Randle vs Smart comparisons would be a blast.

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Scal just said this. NO is looking to dump salary (Thomas, Moore and Holliday)
What's the point in clearing cap space with no AD around to attract big name free agents? Unless they plan to hold on to him till the summer with the hope that they'll sign a star via free agency and they 'll convince AD to stay. If that's the case, it's good news for the C's.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 08:28:24 PM by Jvalin »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
Randle has a 9M player option which he'd most likely opt out of and Mirotic is on an expiring so I doubt any team would give up much for them unless NOP was taking back salary. 

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
Randle has a 9M player option which he'd most likely opt out of and Mirotic is on an expiring so I doubt any team would give up much for them unless NOP was taking back salary.
I'd trade Boston's 1st for either of them (assuming they move Davis somewhere else before then).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421

But if they dump contracts on the Lakers, the Lakers can’t add that third star

I could see somthing like this working for the Pelicans. (if they are not smart and insist on making a trade now rather then the summer)

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ya2rtfjr

two trades

trade 1

LAkers get    AD, Clark, Frazier

Pelicans get    Caldwel-Pope, Ball, Ingram, Zubac, Randolph (from kings waive) and future LA 1sts

Kings
get        Kuzma, Hill, and Miller

trade 2

Pelicans
get     D Smith, W Mathews (waive), 2nd rd pick

Mavs get         Holiday

Pelicans, that leaves them with only Moore, and Randle (if he takes player option) on the books aside from the youth they are bringing in from trade.  With Smith and Lonzo they will have to decide to either play them together or brick another team into the deal to take a PG. The Magic and Suns both come to mind. At the very least I would think Ball/Smith could net them J Jackson or Bridges from the Suns. Bottom line they go into a tank with young talent this season.

Lakers, get what they want

Mavs, get a perfect PG match for Luka
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet