Poll

Tatum + Jaylen + Williams + MEM/SAC/LAC/BOS #1s + overpay Marcus Morris

Yes
20 (37.7%)
No
33 (62.3%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: Our potential Godfather offer  (Read 8021 times)

Re: Our potential Godfather offer
« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2019, 12:35:15 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I think i've found godfather offer:

Boston: Davis, Moore

New Orleans: Hayward, Drummond, Brown, Rozier, 2 Detroit Second Round picks, Boston 1st, Sacramento pick, Clippers pick, Memphis pick

Detroit: Horford

I think Horford would kill that one. I’m not sure NOP wants Hayward’s contract, either.

I don’t see any trade happening where we keep Tatum.

YUP ..... Soon as i saw what Tatum's potential was ,  i knew the only way he leaves Boston was for AD.  I wanted to lie to myself , but in my heart , unless AD's worth really fell off , I knew the trade would start with him someday. And over the past two years ,  as Al H. has aged ,  i ve come to grips with thats the way its got to go down ....if it ever happens.  I don't want to loose Smart in this though .

Probably....Tatum is the main reason , IF any Lebron might not get his prize

« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2019, 12:49:43 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I think i've found godfather offer:

Boston: Davis, Moore

New Orleans: Hayward, Drummond, Brown, Rozier, 2 Detroit Second Round picks, Boston 1st, Sacramento pick, Clippers pick, Memphis pick

Detroit: Horford

I think Horford would kill that one. I’m not sure NOP wants Hayward’s contract, either.

Detroit might get there first. Why are they giving up Drummond and 2 2nds for Horford? It only really makes sense if they WANT him to opt out and shed salary.

« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2019, 02:21:51 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
I think we are going to trade Kyrie for Davis along with prices and Kylie resigns this summer or is bought out!
That's why he's sitting out.......

Good to see you, Gomesfan.

No way to I want Kylie in Boston, though. ;)

Jenner or Minogue?

Mike

« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2019, 03:10:53 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I read something in the tweets today, from a WEEI or Woj source, that Ainge has told the Pelicans GM they are prepared to give the Pelicans "anything they want" for Davis. That means Ainge is prepared to trade anybody for him.

« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2019, 03:34:46 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I read something in the tweets today, from a WEEI or Woj source, that Ainge has told the Pelicans GM they are prepared to give the Pelicans "anything they want" for Davis. That means Ainge is prepared to trade anybody for him.

That makes sense given all the reports that the Celts have basically been positioning themselves to trade for AD for the last three or four years.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2019, 03:40:33 PM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310

https://nesn.com/2019/01/anthony-davis-rumors-celtics-to-offer-pelicans-everything-they-want/

Should the Pelicans not deal Davis before the Feb. 7 trade deadline, the Celtics are prepared to offer a massive package, according to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski.

“Boston wants to play the longer game here,” Wojnarowski said during “SportsCenter” on Tuesday. “They’ll talk with New Orleans soon if they haven’t talked here in the last hour or two and let them know, ‘We want to be in this when the season is over.’

“They can’t do the trade now. … But Boston will let New Orleans know that, ‘We are going to be aggressive. We’re going to be able to give you everything you want for Anthony Davis. Hold off before the trade deadline.”

« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2019, 03:49:37 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I don't know why Horford (or Hayward) isn't the cap makeweight.

Keep Smart. Keep one of Jaylen /  Tatum.

Those two guys plus Kyrie and AD give Boston a dynasty. Keep the youth and keep a long window of title contention.
Horford because he can opt out if he doesn't want to be either in New Orleans or out of Boston. Hayward because he is playing like he is and could be for two more years at over $30 million a year. No wat NO wants him included.

I’ve been thinking about this opt out clause in Horford’s contract.  What if Horford agrees to go to NO as salary filler as long as NO agrees to buyout his contract and then Horford is a FA.  Then Horford can potentially be making more money between the buyout and the new team he signs with.   Or just Horford is part of a 3 way deal with going to a contender.

It just makes it so much easier to match salaries if he is used with Tatum, and the plethora of draft picks we have at our disposal. As good as he is currently he becomes less of a need with Davis here, and the gradual or falling off a cliff decline as he goes into his mid 30s.

« Reply #82 on: January 30, 2019, 04:30:34 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

https://nesn.com/2019/01/anthony-davis-rumors-celtics-to-offer-pelicans-everything-they-want/

Should the Pelicans not deal Davis before the Feb. 7 trade deadline, the Celtics are prepared to offer a massive package, according to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski.

“Boston wants to play the longer game here,” Wojnarowski said during “SportsCenter” on Tuesday. “They’ll talk with New Orleans soon if they haven’t talked here in the last hour or two and let them know, ‘We want to be in this when the season is over.’

“They can’t do the trade now. … But Boston will let New Orleans know that, ‘We are going to be aggressive. We’re going to be able to give you everything you want for Anthony Davis. Hold off before the trade deadline.”

'Everything' seems pretty different than 'anything' in this context. We're darn sure gonna tell them whatever they need to hear to sit on their hands for the next 8 days though.