Author Topic: Anthony Davis not yet ready to think Long-Term with Lakers  (Read 4646 times)

Re: Anthony Davis not yet ready to think Long-Term with Lakers
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2019, 11:21:14 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Maybe the Celtics can go after Davis next summer lol! Here we go again

I could be wrong, but I don’t believe we will have max cap available next season even if Hayward opts out of his 34 mil.

Sign and trade is a possibility.

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2019, 11:37:39 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Oh man if he bails on them after all that it's gonna be pure comedy. Their Dwightmare 2.0 except he'll probably stay great longer afterward.

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2019, 11:50:38 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
Maybe the Celtics can go after Davis next summer lol! Here we go again

I could be wrong, but I don’t believe we will have max cap available next season even if Hayward opts out of his 34 mil.

Sign and trade is a possibility.

If Hayward Opts out the C's will have a max slot.  They'd have about 84m in salary before draft picks are signed with Jaylen's cap hold.  The Cap is supposed to go to 118 in 2020.  They would have 34m in space and it would increase if Kanter opts out, Wannamaker is renounced, Semi is waived with his non guaranteed deal.  They could sign a max player then resign Brown and go over the cap.

Cap guru's is this correct?

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2019, 11:59:24 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
It really seems like stars don't want to play with Lebron in the second half of his career. Durant went into at length. Kyrie obviously didn't. Leonard didn't. I believe Butler didn't. Did Kevin Love love it?

« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2019, 12:05:40 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
It really seems like stars don't want to play with Lebron in the second half of his career. Durant went into at length. Kyrie obviously didn't. Leonard didn't. I believe Butler didn't. Did Kevin Love love it?

It's Late Kobe Syndrome, except I think LeBron is seen as less of a jerk personally but more manipulative behind the scenes. A lot of players don't want to be the 2nd banana to a fading superstar with a ton of control over the team.

If healthy AD will probably have a better regular season than LeBron but will never be seen as the better player and will probably get more blame for any struggles. That starts to eat at a guy real quick.

« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2019, 12:17:49 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I don't think this all that accurate.  Obviously Durant didn't, but I'm not sure Lebron wanted to play with Durant either.  I think the Irving left because he didn't like Lebron stuff was always overrated.  Irving left mostly because he saw the writing on the wall and didn't want to get stuck in Cleveland with that roster and no James.  Leonard was apparently going to sign with the Lakers until the Clippers acquired George.  It seems he may have wanted to play with George more than James, but that doesn't mean he didn't want to play with James.  Butler has been Miami bound for years (at least that was the team he desired to be traded to most each time he asked for a trade according to reports).  He just wanted to live in Miami.  Love has spoken fondly of James whenever he speaks on the subject. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2019, 01:00:32 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
I don't think this all that accurate.  Obviously Durant didn't, but I'm not sure Lebron wanted to play with Durant either.  I think the Irving left because he didn't like Lebron stuff was always overrated.  Irving left mostly because he saw the writing on the wall and didn't want to get stuck in Cleveland with that roster and no James.  Leonard was apparently going to sign with the Lakers until the Clippers acquired George.  It seems he may have wanted to play with George more than James, but that doesn't mean he didn't want to play with James.  Butler has been Miami bound for years (at least that was the team he desired to be traded to most each time he asked for a trade according to reports).  He just wanted to live in Miami.  Love has spoken fondly of James whenever he speaks on the subject.

It is possible Love did like playing with him, but that is why I asked. The kyrie stuff you said is just flat out not accurate. There were a lot of reports about how Irving did not like being "sonned" by Lebron and he clearly had a personality issue with Lebron. It seems pretty dishonest to pretend you don't think there was any of that given how closely you follow the cavs. I am sure you have seen this:

https://www.businessinsider.com/kevin-durant-nba-stars-playing-lebron-james-media-attention-style-2018-12

Definitely a lot of stars have not wanted to play with late stage career, not really debatable unfortunately.

« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2019, 07:08:48 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

It is possible Love did like playing with him, but that is why I asked. The kyrie stuff you said is just flat out not accurate. There were a lot of reports about how Irving did not like being "sonned" by Lebron and he clearly had a personality issue with Lebron. It seems pretty dishonest to pretend you don't think there was any of that given how closely you follow the cavs. I am sure you have seen this:

https://www.businessinsider.com/kevin-durant-nba-stars-playing-lebron-james-media-attention-style-2018-12

Definitely a lot of stars have not wanted to play with late stage career, not really debatable unfortunately.
Oh I definitely know Durant didn't want to play with James, but I think that one is mutual.

Yeah, living in Cleveland I can say a lot of people think that the stories on Irving and why he wanted to leave weren't accurate.  The reasons didn't come from Irving and Irving's team list and statements didn't line up with the alleged reasons given for leaving.  There is a lot of general thought here that Irving knew James was leaving and wanted to be the first one out the door so he wouldn't have to suffer through the post-James Cavs and the disaster that they were last year (imagine how much worse they would have been if they didn't get all of those assets from Irving and the follow-up trades).  Now obviously if Love stayed healthy the Cavs maybe wouldn't have been that bad, but Love and Irving were never a great fit on the court.  I just think Irving wanted out first.  Now I'm sure playing with James has its challenges, especially for someone as odd as Irving, but I do think he just wanted out of Cleveland and not necessarily away from James. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip