Author Topic: Why the heck are the Pistons not going after Bledsoe?  (Read 972 times)

Why the heck are the Pistons not going after Bledsoe?
« on: October 17, 2017, 02:07:46 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Seems like a perfect fit in my head.

I would give up SJ or Ellenson, with a draft pick, and a second rounder, or maybe a little more, depending on the cost. But Bledsoe isn't in the plans for the Suns future, plus a back court of Bradley and Bledsoe is extremely small, but the two are great perfect fits for each other. Both defensive minded, above average athletically and solid scorers.

Its clear after going for AB, with the recent Morris trade, that they are looking to at least make it to the playoffs. And with the East being this universally terrible, any team like the Raptors, Wizards, Pistons or Bucks can easily make it.

I just don't get what the Pistons are doing.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Re: Why the heck are the Pistons not going after Bledsoe?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 02:15:20 PM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
Denver is another team I think should really take a hard look at trading for Bledsoe.  Offer Faried plus any number of their young players plus a 1st round pick and I think that is a compelling situation for both sides.  I'm guessing they want to see what they have with the Murray / Harris backcourt first, but I really think Bledsoe would be a fit with them.

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 02:21:32 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Denver is another team I think should really take a hard look at trading for Bledsoe.  Offer Faried plus any number of their young players plus a 1st round pick and I think that is a compelling situation for both sides.  I'm guessing they want to see what they have with the Murray / Harris backcourt first, but I really think Bledsoe would be a fit with them.

I'm actually going to throw this out there.

If the Grizzlies barely squeak or flunk the playoffs, or don't even make it at all. I don't see Pera content with overhauling or trying to fix an roster that is too congested salary-wise, and with not much exponential room for growth. The Grizzlies are a fire sale waiting to happen, and I think when that occurs, the Nuggets will patiently wait for someone like Conley, who most likely would make the Nuggets a solid playoff team along with Jokic, Harris, and Millsap backing him up.

I think Bledsoe fits the trajectory for the Pistons better, in terms of what they can afford to give up, and the acquisition of AB.

But I see what you're saying HomerSapien.

Who do you think are your potential dark horse candidates in the East?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 02:28:33 PM by Monkhouse »
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 02:57:54 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I think the Pistons should wait on Reggie Jackson. See if he can get back to where he was a year ago before the injury. If he can, problem solved. He rushed back last season and did himself and his team a disservice. He wasn't able to play up to his usual levels. He deserves some time to prove he can recover and be part of the solution for Detroit.

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 03:19:04 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Jackson looked slow in the Preseason. I think his injury has made him an expensive 6th man. Bledsoe would be a good fit for SVG's schemes too.  Phx has some trade parts with him dudley and chandler.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 04:08:53 PM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43

I'm actually going to throw this out there.

If the Grizzlies barely squeak or flunk the playoffs, or don't even make it at all. I don't see Pera content with overhauling or trying to fix an roster that is too congested salary-wise, and with not much exponential room for growth. The Grizzlies are a fire sale waiting to happen, and I think when that occurs, the Nuggets will patiently wait for someone like Conley, who most likely would make the Nuggets a solid playoff team along with Jokic, Harris, and Millsap backing him up.

I think Bledsoe fits the trajectory for the Pistons better, in terms of what they can afford to give up, and the acquisition of AB.

But I see what you're saying HomerSapien.

Who do you think are your potential dark horse candidates in the East?
I'm not 100% sure I'm interpreting your question correctly, but one more candidate in the East I see who might trade for Bledsoe is Milwaukee. Teletovic plus some level of young players (Brogdon, Vaughn, or Maker) + a 1st round pick for Bledsoe seems like something that could make sense for both teams if Milwaukee isn't happy with the production they are getting from their Delle / Brogdon PG combo.  I know Milwaukee is close to the luxury tax so they'd have to watch the incoming salary carefully, but I see a possible deal between these two on paper.