Author Topic: CAVSMAGEDDON!!  (Read 51532 times)

Re: CAVSMAGEDDON!!
« Reply #330 on: March 26, 2018, 08:19:51 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
D'Angelo Russell has been the Cavs second-best player today.  2-8, 0 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 block, 3 turnovers, foul trouble throughout. 

Brooklyn might have won this game without Russell.

Looks like Lakers won that trade. Didn’t they get right to draft Kuzma?
I'd rather have Russell going forward.  He has way more top end potential and is actually younger than Kuzma. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #331 on: March 27, 2018, 04:24:21 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
Cleveland gets their first real test at Miami tonight with basically their full rotation playing.  Should be a better gauge of where they are at then the crap they played the last couple of games.  And Spoelstra will be on the bench (he just became a father so that was in question a bit).

« Reply #332 on: March 27, 2018, 04:26:56 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Cleveland gets their first real test at Miami tonight with basically their full rotation playing.  Should be a better gauge of where they are at then the crap they played the last couple of games.

I agreed. It is unfortunate half the games right now are glorified exhibitions where the opponent wants to lose. Last nights game against the Suns was a joke for us. Normally that would be a tough game against a young team with fresh legs traveling on the second night of a back to back.
That being said the win against Toronto was a really good win for Cavs. I think the thing to look for is their defense though. Miami doesn't have a superstar shot creator, but does have good ball movement. Will be interesting to see if Cavs can shut them down at all.

« Reply #333 on: March 27, 2018, 06:16:17 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376
Cleveland gets their first real test at Miami tonight with basically their full rotation playing.  Should be a better gauge of where they are at then the crap they played the last couple of games.

I agreed. It is unfortunate half the games right now are glorified exhibitions where the opponent wants to lose. Last nights game against the Suns was a joke for us. Normally that would be a tough game against a young team with fresh legs traveling on the second night of a back to back.
That being said the win against Toronto was a really good win for Cavs. I think the thing to look for is their defense though. Miami doesn't have a superstar shot creator, but does have good ball movement. Will be interesting to see if Cavs can shut them down at all.

Yes, last night's game was some ugly basketball.  Reminded me of summer league or all-star games ... just hurry it up the court and get a quick shot off.

« Reply #334 on: March 27, 2018, 07:12:55 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
D'Angelo Russell has been the Cavs second-best player today.  2-8, 0 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 block, 3 turnovers, foul trouble throughout. 

Brooklyn might have won this game without Russell.

Looks like Lakers won that trade. Didn’t they get right to draft Kuzma?
I'd rather have Russell going forward.  He has way more top end potential and is actually younger than Kuzma.

Ditto I'll take Russell over Kuzma. Neither are very good defenders but I can see Russell breaking out in the next few year where as Kuz probably playing close to his ceiling now.

ok fine

« Reply #335 on: March 27, 2018, 09:27:16 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

and Love gets banged in the mouth and has a tooth loosened and misses the rest of the 1st quarter, though he did come back and play 6 minutes in the 2nd, he was clearly not the same.  That said, the rest of the Cavs look awful and I'm not sure a healthy Love would have made much difference in that 1st half.

« Reply #336 on: March 28, 2018, 01:02:22 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393

and Love gets banged in the mouth and has a tooth loosened and misses the rest of the 1st quarter, though he did come back and play 6 minutes in the 2nd, he was clearly not the same.  That said, the rest of the Cavs look awful and I'm not sure a healthy Love would have made much difference in that 1st half.
tough loss

« Reply #337 on: April 01, 2018, 07:04:46 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
They'll win, but wow, Cavaliers having trouble against the Mavericks in the 1st half.

And boy, with Kyrie no longer there, Kevin Love is going to have to step up big time it seems for CLE. They aren't horrible, but Hood and Clarkson have looked real average lately for the Cavs. Looking like those few games since the trade deadline were a fluke for the Cavaliers (where people claimed their defense got so much better, they finally had a chance against GSW, etc.)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #338 on: April 01, 2018, 09:08:25 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
Love and James combine to go 9 of 34.  They got lucky they played the Mavs.

« Reply #339 on: April 02, 2018, 06:58:56 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
They'll win, but wow, Cavaliers having trouble against the Mavericks in the 1st half.

And boy, with Kyrie no longer there, Kevin Love is going to have to step up big time it seems for CLE. They aren't horrible, but Hood and Clarkson have looked real average lately for the Cavs. Looking like those few games since the trade deadline were a fluke for the Cavaliers (where people claimed their defense got so much better, they finally had a chance against GSW, etc.)
This happens with every Cleveland move, every year.  Pundits saying this one will put them over the top, lol.  James' streak of Finals appearances is finally coming to an end.

« Reply #340 on: April 02, 2018, 09:49:42 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941

This happens with every Cleveland move, every year.  Pundits saying this one will put them over the top, lol.  James' streak of Finals appearances is finally coming to an end.

It does look possible this year but until some other team and superstar prove they can knock them out and be the Gibraltar rock with 5 minutes to go in big playoff games, it is not going to be easy. The way to get them will be to make sure the game is not close towards the end. If it is, i would bet on Lebron over anyone on the Raptors if that is the final 2. Vs. Kyrie and our team, I think we would have a small to fair chance.

Lebron last lost to an Eastern Conference team in 09-10 vs. our very own Celtics. That is a ridiculous streak to say the least. It would be fitting if we did it to him again but I am just not sure it will be this year without Gordon but it is possible if we can find a way out of the first round.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 09:54:54 AM by BringToughnessBack »

« Reply #341 on: April 02, 2018, 01:35:51 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

It does look possible this year but until some other team and superstar prove they can knock them out and be the Gibraltar rock with 5 minutes to go in big playoff games, it is not going to be easy. The way to get them will be to make sure the game is not close towards the end. If it is, i would bet on Lebron over anyone on the Raptors if that is the final 2. Vs. Kyrie and our team, I think we would have a small to fair chance.

Lebron last lost to an Eastern Conference team in 09-10 vs. our very own Celtics. That is a ridiculous streak to say the least. It would be fitting if we did it to him again but I am just not sure it will be this year without Gordon but it is possible if we can find a way out of the first round.
That is where I'm at as well, especially considering, their presumed playoff rotation has yet to play a game together and Love, especially, is still very rusty.  Be interesting to see if they can actually get and stay healthy.

« Reply #342 on: April 09, 2018, 08:13:36 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
The Cavaliers are signing 13-year NBA vet Kendrick Perkins with final roster spot for playoffs, league sources tell @Mcten and me. Perkins played part of season at G League affiliate after Cavs released him in preseason.

« Reply #343 on: April 09, 2018, 08:15:28 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
The Cavaliers are signing 13-year NBA vet Kendrick Perkins with final roster spot for playoffs, league sources tell @Mcten and me. Perkins played part of season at G League affiliate after Cavs released him in preseason.

"Unfortuately, the Cavaliers were unable to come to terms with the fork sticking out of Perkins' back"

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #344 on: April 09, 2018, 08:40:34 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743

"Unfortuately, the Cavaliers were unable to come to terms with the fork sticking out of Perkins' back"

link?😉