Author Topic: Is Kyle Lowry worth it?  (Read 3657 times)

Re: Is Kyle Lowry worth it?
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2013, 12:28:44 PM »

Offline celticsfan8591

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
Does anyone think the C's should trade Rondo for Lowry and one or two of their young guys (Valanciunas, Ed Davis, Terrence Ross, etc.)? I'm not sure myself, but I think it's something to consider.  Rondo's shooting has not improved much and still causes a lot of problems at the end of games with spacing.  As impressive as Rondo's stats have been, we haven't been as successful since he's become the main guy, and we haven't been a good offensive team.  Rondo also depends a lot on his quickness, and who knows how quick he'll be when he returns?  I think if we could get a very good point guard in Lowry and two promising young guys (say, Valanciunas and Ross) that could end up being a steal for us.  As for Toronto, its obviously risky to trade for a guy who tore his ACL, but they may be interested because Rondo is a young star they could build around.  Free agents don't exactly flock to Toronto and they aren't quite bad enough to have a good chance at a top pick.  They might see this as a chance to get a true star at a bargain price.  Thoughts?

Kyle Lowery?
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2013, 03:46:30 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Kyle Lowery?  Looks like Toronto may be shopping Lowery as ESPN.com is reporting and Celtics may be interesed. I always like him. Question is what would it take to get him? They have Calderon so they set at PG.
But we also need a center badly.
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin