Author Topic: Best thing that could have happened to us  (Read 6999 times)

Best thing that could have happened to us
« on: April 19, 2010, 01:34:36 AM »

Offline jordb2k5

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
Ok I might be crazy for saying all of this but here goes.  I have a feeling that this whole skirmish and KG getting suspended could have a very positive effect on us. Let's face it for awhile rumors of the team chemistry and if they like each other has run rampant lately and even the garden has been down on the team some (although they were good for game 1). Imagine this now our team fought for each other and they have the ultimate chance that unbuntu is alive now more than ever without KG, and lets face it the garden is going to be CRAZY i think Q rich will leave the floor in tears by the time they are done with him. This is unfortuinate but maybe this could be the best thing that could have happened to us.  I guess game 2 will tell all....

Re: Best thing that could have happened to us
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 01:38:24 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
There is nothing good about having KG in street clothes in a playoff game...ever.

I know we're all trying to justify this or explain it away, but these games are not easy.  It's a 7 game season at this point and EVERY game counts.  We need KG playing, not offering profanity-laced encouragement...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 02:05:47 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
There is nothing good about having KG in street clothes in a playoff game...ever.

I know we're all trying to justify this or explain it away, but these games are not easy.  It's a 7 game season at this point and EVERY game counts.  We need KG playing, not offering profanity-laced encouragement...

I agree we need KG. But now he gets a week off and we get a fired up fan base . Our team will also be pumped. We came out very flat the 1st game. I think we will be hyped for game #2! Always look on the bright side of life.....Go Celtics!

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 07:44:38 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
Ok I might be crazy for saying all of this but here goes.  I have a feeling that this whole skirmish and KG getting suspended could have a very positive effect on us. Let's face it for awhile rumors of the team chemistry and if they like each other has run rampant lately and even the garden has been down on the team some (although they were good for game 1). Imagine this now our team fought for each other and they have the ultimate chance that unbuntu is alive now more than ever without KG, and lets face it the garden is going to be CRAZY i think Q rich will leave the floor in tears by the time they are done with him. This is unfortuinate but maybe this could be the best thing that could have happened to us.  I guess game 2 will tell all....

I'm not sure it's a good thing just not a bad thing. 
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 08:20:51 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I think so (except the suspension), the skirmish brought the team together and fired up the fans.  Even if the whole hate richardson thing doesn't exist it can work to our advantage.  C's can't back down in any way, they need to physically & mentally wreck them.

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 08:24:34 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
It's not a good thing.  The reason we went home early last year is that we were playing without KG.  And it's caused by the same familiar problem of one of our guys not being able to control himself.
And I'm not sure why this would bring ubuntu back.  Because a 7footer stood up to a 6'6 baby?  I certainly know it's not going inspire Sheed- the guy was dancing and singing Paradise City while the whole thing was unfolding.

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 08:30:43 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I don't think it's a good thing that KG's suspended.  Gives Miami a solid chance to steal a game in Boston.  The idea that this might fire up the team and get them to perform at a high level from the opening tip (and still win the game) is trying to find a silver lining from this incident.  No problem with that, it's always worth looking for a silver lining.

One thought though concerning KG's replacement: it wouldn't surprise me if now that Scal will be active, there may actually be a chance Doc starts him to chace Beasley around and that will let Doc keep the current bench rotation.  Not saying Doc will do this, but it wouldn't surprise me either.

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2010, 08:35:39 AM »

Offline Celtics17

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
I have to agree with the original poster on this. If we win the series against Miami, and I still say we will sweep them, I think everyone knows we won't beat Cleveland playing like we did the last half of the year. KG being out may force this team to come together more then anything else has lately. I am sure we have all played on ball teams where one of the teams star players was out and we all knew that we had to step up our game. Do we have a player capable of coming in and getting a triple double? You bet we do. Do we have another player capable of stepping in for KG and playing well? Yes and both BBD and Rasheed will. Something had to change about the regular season for this team to come together. KG will get some rest and everyone else will take care of business.

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2010, 08:38:08 AM »

Offline Celtics17

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
Starting Scal isn't a bad plan. He gives us solid D and spreads the floor well. Plus, his fouls won't hurt too bad, us that is.

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2010, 08:43:22 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
I have to agree with the original poster on this. If we win the series against Miami, and I still say we will sweep them, I think everyone knows we won't beat Cleveland playing like we did the last half of the year. KG being out may force this team to come together more then anything else has lately. I am sure we have all played on ball teams where one of the teams star players was out and we all knew that we had to step up our game. Do we have a player capable of coming in and getting a triple double? You bet we do. Do we have another player capable of stepping in for KG and playing well? Yes and both BBD and Rasheed will. Something had to change about the regular season for this team to come together. KG will get some rest and everyone else will take care of business.

Yeah agreed the fact that he didn't deserve a suspension will probably fuel the team to blow out win in game 2. 
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2010, 08:55:30 AM »

Offline jordb2k5

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
I think it's possible of course that this goes wrong but I don't think so i really think it fires us up. Not sure about Scal either, as crazy as it sounds I want to believe in Rasheed and believe he can step in like he was signed to do. Time will tell but Atlanta brought a lot out in us in 08 maybe this does the same thing for us.

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2010, 09:10:02 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
While I agree that these types of situations can prove to be galvanizing for a team searching for some chemistry this whole season, doing it without KG will be extremely tough in a VERY important game 2.

Sheed can earn his whole paycheck this year in this one game if he comes up big.

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2010, 09:18:41 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Yeah agreed the fact that he didn't deserve a suspension will probably fuel the team to blow out win in game 2. 
I don't think so, it could happen but I doubt it.

I think the Heat and the Celtics are far too evenly matched without KG in the lineup. I'm very worried about our defense holding up without KG playing his usual 35+ minutes.

There is nothing good about KG getting suspended.

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2010, 09:24:46 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff

I think the Heat and the Celtics are far too evenly matched without KG in the lineup. I'm very worried about our defense holding up without KG playing his usual 35+ minutes.

That's cool I don't think the Heat have very much talent beyond wade.  I don't think they really need motivation to blow out the heat but, that mental edge (suspension) may actually bring out the real C's team. 

We'll see I guess.

I don't care about good or bad with relation to KG.  I think matters very little.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2010, 09:25:46 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

That's cool I don't think the Heat have very much talent beyond wade.  I don't think they really need motivation to blow out the heat but, that mental edge (suspension) may actually bring out the real C's team. 

We'll see I guess.
Dwayne Wade is an MVP level talent though, that equalizes things greatly.