Author Topic: Who do you think this is? Some say Rondo, some say Nash...  (Read 3247 times)

Re: Who do you think this is? Some say Rondo, some say Nash...
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2010, 04:59:15 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
I like the overall logic on Ray Allen.

But you know who else could fit that bill? KG. Veteran, been in the Western conference the majority of his career, and off-the-court is classy for sure. Yep, despite his overall temperament on the court, I could see him calming down to talk to a ref respectfully.

But you know something else? Pierce actually has a blog right now, and even though people emphasize the fact a lotta Western conference names were mentioned, Wade, Lebron, and Larry Brown were mentioned all the same.

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2010, 05:21:25 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Actually, it just occurred to me that the only player I can imagine addressing a referee as "sir" is Dwight Howard.

That much formality is probably not something you'll see from a 10-12 year veteran. They're probably on a first-name basis with most refs.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2010, 05:32:04 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
I think this is probably a back up guard in the WC probably only 3 or 4 years in the league.

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2010, 05:48:47 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1679
I doubt this is anybody from our team.  The writer of the article talks about how Larry Brown had the refs in his pocket when the writer played Charlotte earlier in the season.  We've had our way with Charlotte this season, and there hasn't been a huge discrepancy in FT's attempted or fouls called in any of our games against them.  

The fact that he made a point to talk about a game against Charlotte tells me that the Bobcats had a pretty big advantage in the aforementioned game, and the writer's team probably lost the game.  That's probably the best place to look, if you're really intent on coming up with an answer to this - go back through Charlotte's games and pick out the ones where they won with a large advantage in free throws or fouls.

We know he isn't from Miami, Oklahoma City, Cleveland, Los Angeles (the Lakers, anyway), Charlotte, San Antonio, and Denver.

Somebody mentioned Dwight Howard, and I think that's actually a possibility.  They've had trouble with Charlotte this year, he's not on any of the aforementioned teams, and he's definitely somebody I'd label as 'calm' on the court.  He's also blogged in the past (although I'm not sure if he still does).

EDIT:  Actually, I lied.  Orlando has only lost one out of four games this season against Charlotte, and the loss was fairly even in calls.  So maybe not anybody on Orlando.

1000 posts.