Author Topic: Rondo's Shooting lately  (Read 2712 times)

Re: Rondo's Shooting lately
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2010, 11:59:24 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
And this is one of about 8,000 reasons why I think Rondo is overrated in the NBA. As a point guard, if you can't shoot, what good are you?

Not only can he not shoot, but is sometimes very sloppy at passing and turns the ball over often.  Ironically, the one thing he can be good at is defense.

But he has many holes in his game still. He gave Billups fits last week but couldn't even touch Deron Williams or Manu Ginobli.

How is he overrated? He barely made the all star game, but very much deserved it. EVERYONE talks about how he can't shoot and for any 'overpraise' he gets, he is knocked backed down by negative talk. Rondo really is that good and for a guard to succeed as much as he has without a reliable jumpshot, it really shows just how impressive he is.

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2010, 12:54:26 AM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
And this is one of about 8,000 reasons why I think Rondo is overrated in the NBA. As a point guard, if you can't shoot, what good are you?

I'm curious to know the other 7,999 reasons. So he doesn't have a reliable jumpshot...but he is very good at everything else. How many 22 year olds have been a starting PG on a championship team? Adding a reliable jumpshot to his arsenal will make him a GREAT and a dangerous player...he has time to do that. He is only 24...crucify him when its obvious that he is not going to get any better at it.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2010, 01:53:19 AM »

Offline Junkyard Dawg

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 51
we'll never know if he's gonna have a good jump shot until he commits to taking more than one or two a game.

rondo just seems like such a head case, if he has to spot up to take a shot or take a free throw.. maybe that's why him and Ray ray supposedly don't get along??

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2010, 02:40:59 AM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
rondo just seems like such a head case, if he has to spot up to take a shot or take a free throw.. maybe that's why him and Ray ray supposedly don't get along??

Where did you get that from?
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2010, 07:01:25 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
This is why I'm still not 100% sold on Rondo, his shot is weak, and when we want him to drive we don't want him to get fouled with that horrible FT%.

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2010, 07:41:41 AM »

Offline pengaloo

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 76
we'll never know if he's gonna have a good jump shot until he commits to taking more than one or two a game.

Where do you get that Rajon and Ray don't get along? The most recent thing I've seen about any issues between the players was the article in the Globe about the boxing gloves, and even in that article, arguments between players is seen as a positive thing:

Allen said he has never seen guns in the locker room, but arguments happen. In fact, in his experience, they’re more likely to happen on championship teams.

“We get pretty heated about certain things, because everybody believes certain ways of doing things,’’ Allen said. “I always said, teams that I’ve played on that were bad, no arguments. Guys didn’t care. If you lost, you just lost. But teams that I’ve been successful on, there’s always arguments because everybody wants to be better, nobody wants to lose.’’

“You’re going to have spats where you don’t agree with certain guys,’’ Allen added, evaluating his own situations. “I believe after being here, people might say that we’re dysfunctional because of the way we deal with each other. I would say it’s what makes a successful team healthy.’’

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2010/03/27/boxing_out_gets_new_meaning/

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2010, 08:33:57 AM »

Offline Junkyard Dawg

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 51
Where do you get that Rajon and Ray don't get along?

I have no specific article to back me up, but as an example I seem to remember Ray Ray in particular taking issue with Rondo's trash talking to Chris Paul earlier this year and Ray going into the locker room to apologize to CP on behalf of Rondo... maybe "don't get along" is too strong