Author Topic: Why Didn't the C's (Have someone lay out Ginobli?)  (Read 7508 times)

Re: Why Didn't the C's (Have someone lay out Ginobli?)
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2010, 03:50:53 PM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
because we'll be signing him this summer ;)
Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2010, 03:55:24 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
How about we have someone GUARD Ginobli or challenge him when he went to the rim...Because nobody did either all night long... Why would we retaliate on a good hard nose play? We want to be considered tough not cheap shots.

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2010, 04:56:51 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
How about we have someone GUARD Ginobli or challenge him when he went to the rim...Because nobody did either all night long... Why would we retaliate on a good hard nose play? We want to be considered tough not cheap shots.

Exactly (TP) ... all anyone was doing to defend Manu was reach in at the ball ... nobody was moving their feet in the second half to get between him and the basket. We just stopped playing defense, and when you do that, a guy like Ginobili will kill you. "Gino" did indeed come out last night ... "Gino-bili"!  :P
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2010, 05:05:20 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
Have someone lay out Ginobli???  It seemed as if after he put that foul on KG that landed KG on the floor, the whole team seemd to tuck into a shell.  The Spurs absolutely set the tone with that, and it seemed very unlike us to not retaliate, and I would have loved to have seen it.  I'm sure it would have made Ginobli think twice about going to the rim so much. 

edit: fixed subject - Chris

You disgust me saying to take out a player.  I'm sure you would love that if someone did that to someone on our team when the guy is playing well.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2010, 05:09:57 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Have someone lay out Ginobli???  It seemed as if after he put that foul on KG that landed KG on the floor, the whole team seemd to tuck into a shell.  The Spurs absolutely set the tone with that, and it seemed very unlike us to not retaliate, and I would have loved to have seen it.  I'm sure it would have made Ginobli think twice about going to the rim so much. 

You disgust me saying to take out a player.  I'm sure you would love that if someone did that to someone on our team when the guy is playing well.

Yeah, I agree (TP) ... there's a big difference between playing physical and playing dirty. This team is good enough to not have to resort to nastiness and "retaliation" ... this isn't hockey, after all. That's all we need now is to lose a player to suspension!  ::)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2010, 05:15:05 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen

All great points pearljammer10!

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2010, 05:39:59 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
I guess Kevin McHale should have sent Kurt Rambis flowers instead, huh?
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2010, 05:43:12 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
I guess Kevin McHale should have sent Kurt Rambis flowers instead, huh?

You don't intent to injure a player, no matter what, maybe play physical on him and take him out of his game, but not try to hurt him.

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2010, 06:08:50 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
The team go soft because the other team showed aggression and the C's did nothing about it...they never do, Rondo usually gets knocked around, nothing ever is done, the C's are soft that way.........BBd should set that "full body" pick on him.....Show some respect ...!

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2010, 06:12:08 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
because basketball is a predominantly black sport and if a black player does something much like a hockey player or even pulls any cowardly act like baseball players he will be forever looked at as a thug and a danger to society. clear the arena! a large black man is going to attack someone!!! run for the exits!!!

« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2010, 06:13:13 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
There is a reason why KG and Sheed play outside. It is punishing in there. All I think some of us want is for the C's to put a body on someone and not be afraid of fighting for position or fighting for a rebound. There is a reason why we use those terms. Perk is a Beast, that is why we love him and that is why Dwight Howard is usually kept in check against the C's. Blair was playing with KG like passion and intensity out there. You admire that; but you also want someone to take a stand and say enough is enough. The Spurs play tough and smart D. They are ahead of us in recognizing the need to mix more athletic players with their veteran core. They have done an amazing job; but you still have to defend your turf.

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2010, 06:14:19 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • You say when......
Too bad Doc was soooo dumb...TA would have taken care of gino......TA is the only guy who can cover him, he ran all over our team...it is always just one guy on the other teams that ruin the C's game, and doc cannot ever find a way to stop them.......If TA covers them, as soon as he makes one fould, doc sits him.......the refs do not give TA much room to play...and neither does doc...other guys, he lets them do whatever......Doc is either inept, or the team just won't listen to him, but this whole year he hasn't ever turned a downward game back up....!

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2010, 06:49:25 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Too bad Doc was soooo dumb...TA would have taken care of gino......TA is the only guy who can cover him, he ran all over our team...it is always just one guy on the other teams that ruin the C's game, and doc cannot ever find a way to stop them.......If TA covers them, as soon as he makes one fould, doc sits him.......the refs do not give TA much room to play...and neither does doc...other guys, he lets them do whatever......Doc is either inept, or the team just won't listen to him, but this whole year he hasn't ever turned a downward game back up....!
While I wanted to see TA return, did TA actually slow him down in the first half when TA was on him? It seemed to me TA couldn't, based on what I remember.

The pick and roll with Ginobili was killer. If we rotated well, he would make great cross court passes.

« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2010, 07:48:10 PM »

Offline CbrewEra

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • LETS GO BOSTON

Yeah, I agree (TP) ... there's a big difference between playing physical and playing dirty. This team is good enough to not have to resort to nastiness and "retaliation" ... this isn't hockey, after all. That's all we need now is to lose a player to suspension!  ::)

You don't have to try to injure someone, thats not what I said.  Your absolutely taking words out my mouth.  And if anyone had done that to a player on my team, especially someone like KG who is coming back from injury, he would have certainly got wacked on the way to the rim.  The Celtics of old, ala 1980's, would have certainly given a hard foul.  There is NOTHING wrong with a hard foul.
"He trades like a drunk Texas oilman trying to impress a beautiful woman"

« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2010, 07:49:51 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • You say when......
Well, that is hard to say if tony could stop him, doc pulled him too fast, he only played 8 minutes last night, and was in for the last4 or 5......did anyone else cover him better...? As for the pick and roll....i cannot understand how any team can get lost on that old play, w3ho is losing their man....? Time and time again...?