Author Topic: I want people to stop whining about Garnett's barking and start appreciating...  (Read 5034 times)

Offline celticsmaniac

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 0
...the way he FREAKING PLAYS!!!!

this thread is directed at everyone who complains about KG"s "demeanor" on the court.

I'm SICK OF IT!!!

where do you get the gall to accuse KG of beign a trash talker first and a great player second??? do you have ANY IDEA how long it's been since we had a player who PLAYS with as much heart and passion as KG does??????? What you people are doing is a true crime because it unjustly soils his legacy!! You people are such ingrates that I want to find you and slam your faces into a television screen while the Celtics are playing and say "LOOK!! GOSHDARNIT, LOOK!!! HE'S GIVING EVERY OUNCE, EVERY MOLECULE OF HIS ENERGY TO HELP THIS TEAM WIN!!!"

You're SERIOUSLY going to just crap all over him just because he says a few naughty words while he's out on the court???? Let me tell you something: I went to a game this year. ok? I sat in the second row and was so lucky to have the chance to do that. I was listening as close as I could. I wanted to see what all the fuss was about over KG's mouth.

you know what?? It's ALL A LIE!!! KG DOESN"T DO THAT MUCH TALKING!!!
WHY HASN'T ANYONE BROUGHT THIS UP??? You have to listen really closely for the whole game just to notice somethign negative coming out of his mouth. Most of the time he's talking to himself and to his teammates, communicating and trying to get everyone to do the right thing at the right time. That's what he is doing.

These tales of him being the worst trash talker in the league or barking or being a bad seed or being a bully or being a poor sportsman are VICIOUS, JEALOUS LIES!!!!!!!! THEY ARE LIES, DO YOU FREAKING HEAR ME????

We really need to add a "negative Tommy Points" feature to the forums that let you take someones tommy points away when they spread this cruel invective like some have. I don't care if it sounds fascist, either. Those people should be banned from the forums and never allowed to return under any circumstances.

If you have a problem with the way KG acts on the court, you are NOT a celtics fan. I'm sorry. I really am a nice guy but I'm sick of it. If you have a problem with KG's demeanor, there's something wrong with YOU and NOT KG!!!!! I was there! I was 10 feet away from him!! i KNOW!!!! KG gives so much to this team and we are so blessed to have him and oh yeah he kind of helped us win a stupid little championship and if you people can't accept a few dirty words that come along with it then you should really stop watching the Celtics. you have no business at this forum or in the garden. You should... I'm just gonna stop there coz ill say something that will get me banned (if I haven't already).

LISTEN TO THE MANIAC!!!!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 05:19:07 AM by celticsmaniac »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
That was kinda harsh but I agree that KG should be appreciated. He is the type of guy you hate when he's playing against your team but love when he's on your team. If he didn't feel the need to talk trash he might not feel the need to put forth the emotion needed to play the defense he does.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
there are people on HERE that don't like his demeanor? Every time he gets right up on somebody, or slaps the hardwood, or throws an elbow as he walks by somebody, this stuff gets in the head of the opposition and what makes him an beast to go up against.

Offline davemonsterband

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 160
Yep. Armchair quarterbacks lose perspective through whimsically babbling instead of putting themselves in the dude's shoes. He's fired up, fired up beyond belief, if you were there in the NBA how would you all act? I'd be as fired up and out of control as my coach would let me be. I'm not trying to talk like a tough guy cause I'm not that kind of person, but why wouldn't you go yell at someone or knock their head off? Why wouldn't you make a lazy waste of space like Big Baby bawl like a moron? Why wouldn't you get in Calderon's face, the Raptors are cocky beyond belief and so is this whole [dang] city (I'm in Tor). If you're in pro sports and you can get away with getting in someone's head, do it. If you can knock their head off, do it, so long as they don't get injured because of it.

When I'm alone working out and I achieve something new I punch myself in the chest, I yell at myself, I get tears in my eyes when the C's win the championship and I stretch my jerseys from popping them too much in the playoffs. If someone in the room had a problem with that I'd buy them a purse.

Scal is fat. Baby is fat. POB is stupid. TA is stupid. No wonder KG gets on them so much, they're not in a position to be left alone. KG's taking the responsibility of the whole team on his shoulders and running with it. He has the longest contract of anyone there. His coaches are cool with it, his teammates (whose opinions matter) seem to be cool with it, the fans are cool with it, I love it. I'd take him over Tim Duncan in a heartbeat and that's the first reason why. I always would have.

I make sure I take the time to appreciate that guy every single game because once he's gone even the haters are going to miss everything that he does.
"The Best Revenge Is Massive Success"
~Ole Blue Eyes~

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
there are people on HERE that don't like his demeanor? Every time he gets right up on somebody, or slaps the hardwood, or throws an elbow as he walks by somebody, this stuff gets in the head of the opposition and what makes him an beast to go up against.

my bad, didn't realize that other thread popped up. either way it's ridiculous, i wouldn't change a thing about KG....unless we could make him stronger, taller, faster, and.... even funnier in press conferences.

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
TP, Maniac. It's incredible that Celtics fans would complain about KG. Who needs enemies with fans like these huh?

Offline Actionjakson

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
Agreed. The fire and intensity he plays with should be wanted by every player. He is the epitome of intensity
“We don't see ourselves as four All-Stars. We see ourselves as one unit. It's like five fingers on a hand. You can do more damage together as a fist than spread out flat.”
- Rasheed Wallace

Offline Junkyard Dawg

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 51
thank you, maniac.  I can't believe the crap that people complain about in this town.  KG is a man who BROUGHT THIS TEAM A CHAMPIONSHIP.  END OF STORY.  if he hadn't been here, we would NOT have won a championship.  and people are complaining about his trash talking????  go watch PBS if you can't handle it.

Offline CELTICS733

• Jordan Walsh
Even though he is the driving force from an emotional stand point I feel KG is totally overrated.  He's the bully in the play ground, yes he's tough, he's angry and he wants to kick butt, however when has KG put the Celtics on his back and carried us for a game or two?  He hasn't and won’t.  He's only as good as the team is doing.  If Pierce and Allen are flat the Celtics lose.  When we need that big basket are we more comfortable with KG taking the shot or Pierce/Allen?  I like KG's energy, but it's a farce, he's a very good team defender, however one on one he stops no one.  You would think with his size and skill set he would totally dominate, but it doesn't happen.  His post game stinks, I would love to see his total season shot chart, I guarantee he's made more baskets from 10 feet and out than he does from in.  That's why we struggled in the playoffs because we don't have a reliable post game and if Perk doesn't develop further we will struggle again.  Defensive player of year, NOT!  6' 7" Joey Graham guarded KG down the stretch last night and he kept him off the block and prevented him from getting to the hole.  Wake Up, The Big Ticket is more hype than substance.  Anyone can yell and curse, we need someone to deliver.
New York CELTIC, est. 1979

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Even though he is the driving force from an emotional stand point I feel KG is totally overrated.  He's the bully in the play ground, yes he's tough, he's angry and he wants to kick butt, however when has KG put the Celtics on his back and carried us for a game or two?  He hasn't and won’t.  He's only as good as the team is doing.  If Pierce and Allen are flat the Celtics lose.  When we need that big basket are we more comfortable with KG taking the shot or Pierce/Allen?  I like KG's energy, but it's a farce, he's a very good team defender, however one on one he stops no one.  You would think with his size and skill set he would totally dominate, but it doesn't happen.  His post game stinks, I would love to see his total season shot chart, I guarantee he's made more baskets from 10 feet and out than he does from in.  That's why we struggled in the playoffs because we don't have a reliable post game and if Perk doesn't develop further we will struggle again.  Defensive player of year, NOT!  6' 7" Joey Graham guarded KG down the stretch last night and he kept him off the block and prevented him from getting to the hole.  Wake Up, The Big Ticket is more hype than substance.  Anyone can yell and curse, we need someone to deliver.

The only accurate thing in that whole paragraph was that KG takes more shots from outside than in the paint.  The rest of it was just...  wrong.  I'm pretty sure somebody broke the games down, and found that KG led the team in fourth quarter scoring in the playoffs last season.  He took plenty of games over last year, and last night was a good example of how he can still impose his will on a game.

I'm not sure where the KG resentment comes from.  I think usually it's either misplaced loyalty to Al Jefferson and the youth movement, or fear that Pierce will be overlooked on this team.  I just find it very difficult to believe that anybody can look at KG's contribution to the team -- which resulted in us going from the 2nd worst team in the NBA to champions in one season -- and find him to be anything less than stellar.  He might not be the same guy he was 5 years ago, but he's still a top notch player.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
where were the nay-sayers complaining about kg last season  ???

Offline CELTICS733

• Jordan Walsh
I had several post last year claiming the same things.  KG is in Celtics green so I'm loyal to him, however, I've seen many hyped Celtics over the years but to me KG gets entirely too much credit.  The reason we beat the Lakers in the playoffs is not because of KG's great defensive effort, it was PJ Brown who locked up Gasol, as seen with the game on Christmas Gasol closed out with three keys shots while guarded by KG.
New York CELTIC, est. 1979

Offline Michael Anthony

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
Signed
"All I have to know is, he's my coach, and I follow his lead. He didn't have to say anything in here this week. We all knew what we had to do. He's a big part of our family, and we're like his extended family. And we did what good families do when one of their own is affected." - Teddy Bruschi

Offline TitleMaster

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
BTW, I'm the guy who called KG a barker.

KG is in Celtics green so I'm loyal to him, however, I've seen many hyped Celtics over the years but to me KG gets entirely too much credit.  The reason we beat the Lakers in the playoffs is not because of KG's great defensive effort, it was PJ Brown who locked up Gasol

Yes, finally, someone who sees it my way.

He's the bully in the play ground, yes he's tough, he's angry and he wants to kick butt, however when has KG put the Celtics on his back and carried us for a game or two?  He hasn't and won’t.  He's only as good as the team is doing.  If Pierce and Allen are flat the Celtics lose.  When we need that big basket are we more comfortable with KG taking the shot or Pierce/Allen?  I like KG's energy, but it's a farce, he's a very good team defender, however one on one he stops no one.  You would think with his size and skill set he would totally dominate, but it doesn't happen.  His post game stinks, I would love to see his total season shot chart, I guarantee he's made more baskets from 10 feet and out than he does from in.

Yes, thank you. This summarizes the crux of my argument. In a sense, KG's rage is nice and all, but it detracts from the truth (no pun intended) of the fact that he's in the flow of the game type of player than a create-your-own-shot franchise one. So true, if you have a great team, and the Celts are a great one with PP/Ray Ray/Rondo/Perks and including House/TA/Powe/BBD (and last yr, Posey & PJ), then KG will do fine and be coronated as the one who delivered us the the promised land. But the last I'd checked, the last prophet who did that was Moses, as in Malone, and he most certainly delivered the goods. And we all know that Houston's torch was passed to Hakeem afterwards but let's not go there just yet.

The truth is that opponents aren't simply fooled by someone's attitude. They know that they don't need to double down on KG, when the ball's in his hands. That's a huge liability, whereas no smart team will leave Pierce to his own devices. All and all, KG, even if he kept the post game to a minimum, could take try the shake 'n bake fadeaway and make opponents work to stop him instead of simply guarding the passing lanes since that's KG's main option during key possessions.

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 136
TP to Maniac!

I can't believe someone said that we won the title cause of PJ's defense on Gasol... where would we be if KG wasn't in Boston in august 07? Would PJ have ever signed for the C's?

KG is the perfect player for the C's. He is talented, proud, teamwork oriented, and extremely ambitious. He is a true Boston Celtic, and he is the symbol of the tradition of hard working and winning players that have belonged to this franchise.

I hope KG will never change!