Author Topic: Please, No More Trade Proposals  (Read 4668 times)

Please, No More Trade Proposals
« on: January 12, 2009, 04:51:53 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
Can this recent torrent of trade proposals please stop?

Any disposable talent that we have on our bench is NOT good enough to trade for anyone of value. Raymond Felton, JJ Redick, those are players who actually belong in an NBA rotation. High in an NBA rotation, in fact. 7th or 8th men. BBD, Scal, and TA along with Giddens and Walker is not a package that anyone would accept, unless what that other team gives away is equally mediocre talent.

We really can't improve our team through a trade, so lets stop trying to come up with hypothetical trades that will never happen.

We will really only be able to add anyone of value to our bench if they are bought out. Everyone wants to play for a contender, but no one wants to help a contender improve its team. Let's just hope Joe Smith, Jerry Stackhouse, or some player with ability and/or length get bought out, and chooses to come to Boston. That is our only hope.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 04:58:02 PM by Rondo_is_better »
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

Re: Please, No More Trade Proposals
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 04:53:42 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
board 6.0
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 05:03:20 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Then that whole "trade ideas" board will go to waste. 

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 05:08:53 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777

Heaven forbid some Celtics fans engage in lively hypothetical bar-stool style debates that other Celtics fans don't enjoy. I thought the NBA was about entertainment and having fun.

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 05:11:18 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
I'ts too bad Antonio Mcdyess wanted to go back to Detroit...he would've been perfect for this team and I would've been much more confident in reapeating had he joined, but I think that will be the trend we see this season - verterans choosing other teams as opposed to us when/if bought out
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 05:23:34 PM »

Offline Marco Vincent

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 19
I stopped reading after this sentence...

Raymond Felton, JJ Redick, those are players who actually belong in an NBA rotation
New England Sports... Feel the Beastmode-ness!

-city of champions-

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 05:24:25 PM »

Offline Marco Vincent

• Jaylen Brown
PS after the Grand Theft Trade between LA and Memphis there is no trade that I consider unfathomable.

-city of champions-

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 05:35:33 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
It is all in good fun! I look at it this way..........
DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK!!!!
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 05:40:38 PM »

Offline Marco Vincent

• Jaylen Brown

Any disposable talent that we have on our bench is NOT good enough to trade for anyone of value. Raymond Felton, JJ Redick, those are players who actually belong in an NBA rotation. High in an NBA rotation, in fact. 7th or 8th men. BBD, Scal, and TA along with Giddens and Walker is not a package that anyone would accept, unless what that other team gives away is equally mediocre talent.

We really can't improve our team through a trade, so lets stop trying to come up with hypothetical trades that will never happen.

We will really only be able to add anyone of value to our bench if they are bought out. Everyone wants to play for a contender, but no one wants to help a contender improve its team. Let's just hope Joe Smith, Jerry Stackhouse, or some player with ability and/or length get bought out, and chooses to come to Boston. That is our only hope.

Also, tell this to every Celtic fan circa pre-summer of 2007.

-city of champions-

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2009, 05:41:20 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
I stopped reading after this sentence...

Raymond Felton, JJ Redick, those are players who actually belong in an NBA rotation

Good for you.

I only mentioned Redick because he came up on one of the innumerable trade threads.

I did not realize there was a trade board. I usually just click through the latest forum topics.

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2009, 05:44:01 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg

Also, tell this to every Celtic fan circa pre-summer of 2007.

I'm assuming your vague, condescending sentence was referring to this part of my post:  Everyone wants to play for a contender, but no one wants to help a contender improve its team.

If so, the Wolves and Sonics weren't contenders, so what your saying doesn't apply.

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2009, 05:50:13 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg

Heaven forbid some Celtics fans engage in lively hypothetical bar-stool style debates that other Celtics fans don't enjoy. I thought the NBA was about entertainment and having fun.

Heaven forbid someone might not have complete knowledge of the ins and outs of this board, see hundreds of trade threads in the "latest forum topics" section, and become aggravated. Had I known the trade threads were confined only to a trade thread area of the blog, I wouldn't have said anything.

Still, my point holds. No one wants anyone off our bench, and a package of Scal, TA, BBD, and Giddens won't get us anything, especially because we are contenders.

We must hope for a buyout.

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2009, 05:51:18 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
personally, i hate trade proposals on the blog, which is why i dont participate in those threads.  i suggest you do what i do....dont click on them and put ur time and energy into threads that appeal to you.

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2009, 05:52:47 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228

Giddens
Scalabrine
Tony Allen
House

For

Antwan Jamison

Washington has been struggling and they need a little more "basketball IQ" Scalabrine will fill that role beautifully. They need a defensive stopper in Tony Allen, a three point shooter in House, and they need legitimate young talent in Giddens. It is also obvious that Jamison is not fitting in in Washington anymore. Plus, the Wizards are such a badly run franchise any trade with them is possible.

Wait, is this the thread about stopping the trade talk?

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2009, 05:54:32 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg

Giddens
Scalabrine
Tony Allen
House

For

Antwan Jamison

Washington has been struggling and they need a little more "basketball IQ" Scalabrine will fill that role beautifully. They need a defensive stopper in Tony Allen, a three point shooter in House, and they need legitimate young talent in Giddens. It is also obvious that Jamison is not fitting in in Washington anymore. Plus, the Wizards are such a badly run franchise any trade with them is possible.

Wait, is this the thread about stopping the trade talk?

lol, that got a smile out of me. TP, even though I can't stand the trade talk.