Author Topic: why do most favour walker than giddens??  (Read 4575 times)

Re: why do most favour walker than giddens??
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2009, 04:44:52 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Also, their PG sucked ass and their bigs were a blackhole which didn't allow Walker and Giddens to play to their strengths through quite a few stretches of the games that I saw.

This is one thing I noticed in the little I saw.  If they have been playing with a legit PG (relatively speaking of course), like say, Mateen Cleaves, I wouldn't be surprised if they were both close to leading the league in points.

I would really like to see these two guys in the floor with Rondo so we can have a real running unit. It's what I've called for since the season ended. A real running athletic second unit, that's the best 2nd unit one could have in my opinion.

Small ball, but with long players.

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2009, 05:18:22 PM »

Offline BigRedDog423

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
I agree that a running unit would be a good change of pace. Walker, Giddens and rondo could run the fast break while Pruitt or Eddie could stretch the floor as trailers. Also sounds like a good way for Eddie to get some open looks and get out of his slump.

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2009, 05:23:40 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I tended to support Giddens more in the preseason.  It seems that Walker may have more star potential, but Giddens looks like he could be more of a Posey type player.  He's got long arms, plays pretty good D, and his college reputation was that he could knock down the open three (not so much in the D-League).  That's exactly what we need. 

I'd love to see either one of them given a chance at this point. 

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2009, 05:43:18 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Good points. Walker also is a man child while giddens is still working on his body.

It would be really exciting to see what either can do in the nba.

after reading some of your view points i would personally have walker come in start and giddens as a 6th man type

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2009, 05:54:50 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
One word, potential.

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2009, 06:03:30 PM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • The REAL Pau Gasol
I was not happy with the way Giddens acted in the presason. He almost got into a fight twice in one of the games, and someone had to actually hold him back. We're also in need of a SF then SG. Who knows i'm not saying anything yet, Pierce was a bit nutty his first few years as well. Giddens might actually top Walker one day, or they could both be complete busts.
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2009, 06:09:19 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice

Also, their PG sucked ass and their bigs were a blackhole which didn't allow Walker and Giddens to play to their strengths through quite a few stretches of the games that I saw.

This is one thing I noticed in the little I saw.  If they have been playing with a legit PG (relatively speaking of course), like say, Mateen Cleaves, I wouldn't be surprised if they were both close to leading the league in points.

I would really like to see these two guys in the floor with Rondo so we can have a real running unit. It's what I've called for since the season ended. A real running athletic second unit, that's the best 2nd unit one could have in my opinion.

Small ball, but with long players.

I really doubt you have enough shooting on that backcourt. A good transition defense would make it very ugly, I think.

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2009, 07:01:35 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I was not happy with the way Giddens acted in the presason. He almost got into a fight twice in one of the games, and someone had to actually hold him back. We're also in need of a SF then SG. Who knows i'm not saying anything yet, Pierce was a bit nutty his first few years as well. Giddens might actually top Walker one day, or they could both be complete busts.

I believe that was Walker that got into it with Tracy McGrady and then he got into it with KG.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2009, 07:03:45 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...

I believe that was Walker that got into it with Tracy McGrady and then he got into it with KG.

...and Yao.

I feel bad for Giddens only thing that some fans seem to know about him is his negative past.

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2009, 07:26:34 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Bill-Walker-552/

See profile above from other thread. I think that it states that Walker was better defensively. From the games I watched, Giddens kind of bounces around all the time which lets him get steals and rebounds, but prevents him from playing meaningful position defense. Hard to keep track of your rotations if you happen to be following the bouncing ball and not watching what is happening on the court.

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2009, 07:33:47 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Also, Giddens is shooting 26% from downtown in the D-League which for a 2 guard is bad but Walker is shooting 40% which for a small forward is pretty dang good. Bill Walker: Its not just Athleticism anymore. ;)