Author Topic: Celtics interested in JJ Redick  (Read 16111 times)

Re: Celtics interested in JJ Redick
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2009, 07:18:45 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
It is NOT like Eddie has been shooting well.  Come on.  JJ can play hustle defense and would NOT be that been in our team def. system. 

« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2009, 07:20:15 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Truly scary rumor. Why would we need a shooter who lacks athleticism. Walker can be more effective in opening things up. He has a great move to the basket and can shoot from outside. Question is whether he know the system well enough.

Don't get it.

« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2009, 07:39:13 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Anyway - even if he can play - could you find player who has been a little more reliable. Back and foot injuries are notoriously difficulty to deal with and don't go away.

« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2009, 08:15:58 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
i say bring back connor henry...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2009, 08:17:27 PM »

Offline Binky-King

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
I don't understand the infatuation with Reddick, he can't defend & isn't a proven shooter on the NBA level.

We have no idea what Giddens can do, and the little we've seen from Pruitt has been promising.

I don't like what I've seen from the coaches and the management during this losing streak.

It's been same ole, same ole all while ignoring the real issues of the team.

You let guys like Deke get signed while trying to make a trade for Reddick? Danny & Doc are both clueless in adverse situations.

« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2009, 08:46:21 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
J J Reddick has one and only one definable NBA skill. He can hit a three pointer around 40% of the time. Other than that he's not a good passer, not a good rebounder, not a good defender, doesn't block shots, doesn't make steals, can't get off his own shot, has limited athletic skills, can't dribble drive, and turns the ball over as many times as he gets an assist and three times more than he makes a steal.

And Danny Ainge is thinking about sending Pruitt and Giddens out of town for this guy?

I really, really hope this is a bogus report because I hate Tony Allen's game and think Scal might be one of the least skilled of NBA players and I wouldn't trade either one of them straight up for JJ never mind a promising looking defender, shooter and future backup PG like Pruitt or an unknown with tremendous athletic abilities and some real good basketball skills like Giddens.

What is the man thinking? That is if the report is true.

« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2009, 08:59:17 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Now that there are vacancies on the Flash squad? 

There's no spot for JJ on this team.

On an ML Carr Celts' team maybe.  Not now.
Yup

« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2009, 12:34:10 AM »

Offline butterbeanlove

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 191
J J Reddick has one and only one definable NBA skill. He can hit a three pointer around 40% of the time. Other than that he's not a good passer, not a good rebounder, not a good defender, doesn't block shots, doesn't make steals, can't get off his own shot, has limited athletic skills, can't dribble drive, and turns the ball over as many times as he gets an assist and three times more than he makes a steal.

And Danny Ainge is thinking about sending Pruitt and Giddens out of town for this guy?

I really, really hope this is a bogus report because I hate Tony Allen's game and think Scal might be one of the least skilled of NBA players and I wouldn't trade either one of them straight up for JJ never mind a promising looking defender, shooter and future backup PG like Pruitt or an unknown with tremendous athletic abilities and some real good basketball skills like Giddens.

What is the man thinking? That is if the report is true.

It's a bogus report by another GM trying to sanEdited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. Danny.

I wouldn't trade either of them for the Duke off-sloughing, either.

Pruitt has accomplished more in his NBA career already than Redick has, and that's even considering Doc tying cement blocks around Pruitt's ankles.

« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2009, 01:58:01 AM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
Redick isn't the type of player Danny really likes. He's got really short arms, isn't great on defense, and can only play one position.

And what's up with the comment that he always targets bad players except for KG and Ray Allen? Has the Robert Swift love ever been proved? Even if you can prove it, the guy is pretty decent and that's with reconstructed knees. Orien Greene was a second round pick. Wally Z was a more tradeable guy than Ricky D. And questioning his trade acquisitions while throwing KG and Ray Allen out the window is like saying "other than the Star wars trilogies, George Lucas never really came up with anything."

« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2009, 01:27:10 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
This trade was actually denied on Orlando's end.  They have no interest in helping the C's, and also have no interest in anyone on the Celtics bench.

« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2009, 01:43:11 PM »

Offline Marco Vincent

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 19
Why don't we just get Adam Morrison while we are at it... I heard the bobcats were shopping him around, and he torched us the other night... hmmm... am I kidding?  Sometimes I can't even tell. :-\
New England Sports... Feel the Beastmode-ness!

-city of champions-

« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2009, 01:47:45 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Personally, I find this Redickulous.

« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2009, 04:30:31 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen