Author Topic: BBD / Is Big Baby being showcased (merged)  (Read 20029 times)

BBD / Is Big Baby being showcased (merged)
« on: January 10, 2009, 02:07:54 AM »

Offline ben

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
Especially Big ones...  I'm ready for Powe to permanantly take Big Baby's spot.  Playing Big Baby to showcase him for a trade is not working because other teams don't want him.  Stats aren't every thing but Powe shoots .527 and Baby shoots .381 and powe averages more points and more rebounds in less minutes this season.   Its Glaring!!!  And I watch all the games and they are both average defenders.  It bothers me so much that I wrote a song about killing babies.   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXCVqYWM2ec

Re: Its ok to kill babies...
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 02:55:58 AM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • The REAL Pau Gasol
If there is one thing that bothers me is when BBD comes off the bench before Powe. Powe deserves those minutes.
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 03:03:53 AM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Wow...You are dead wrong...Powe is a black hole, terrible defender and not even close to being much better than BBD
I also find it funny how some of you complain about doc not giving rookies/2nd year players minutes yet whine and complain about the one he is giving minutes too...WAAAHHH...and I dont even think theyre showcasing him for a trade, hes flat out playing better than powe right now, and they played him more at this time last season too. By the way, you look like a white glen davis
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 03:11:16 AM »

Offline Slugger

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
Wow...You are dead wrong...Powe is a black hole, terrible defender and not even close to being much better than BBD
I also find it funny how some of you complain about doc not giving rookies/2nd year players minutes yet whine and complain about the one he is giving minutes too...WAAAHHH...and I dont even think theyre showcasing him for a trade, hes flat out playing better than powe right now, and they played him more at this time last season too. By the way, you look like a white glen davis

Kevin McHale was also referred to as a black hole.

Leon has been our more effective post players. He has a terrific nose for the offensive board too.

A couple of problems i had with Leon last year, were his very poor off the ball defensive rotations, and his poor defensive rebounding position.  He seems to have worked on both during last off-season, and as far as i am concerned, is a more valuable bench player than BBD

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 03:13:18 AM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • The REAL Pau Gasol
:o
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 03:21:36 AM »

• Don Chaney

Kevin McHale was also referred to as a black hole.

Leon has been our more effective post players. He has a terrific nose for the offensive board too.

A couple of problems i had with Leon last year, were his very poor off the ball defensive rotations, and his poor defensive rebounding position.  He seems to have worked on both during last off-season, and as far as i am concerned, is a more valuable bench player than BBD

Agree to disagree, I think Powe is seriously overrated by most celtics fans, I think whoever isnt playing is seriously overrated by celtics fans...Powe isnt playing good enough in the minutes hes getting and has regressed on both ends of the court...I think he may have peaked last season to be honest....a real locker room guy like PJ Brown would go a long way in helping both BBD and Powe(KG is not a real leader in the locker room, sorry)
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 03:23:05 AM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • The REAL Pau Gasol
Leon is scoring less points then last year yes, but i've been watching him closely. His defense I think has improved. His ability to rebound has also improved, and many many many times he's grabbed the offensive rebound when we've needed it or tipped it back out for a new 24. In short, he cleans up messes. He's there to jump in front of a man for a charge, and he comes to play every single day and does not complain if he ends up playing less then 10 minutes a day. Leon is a black hole because NOBODY MOVES ON OFFENSE ANYMORE. Since day one the offense has been stagnant at times and it's getting progressively worse. Leon can finish HARD at the rim, when it's in his hands it rarely leaves. The only problem he needs to tweak out is jumping into somebody in order to try and get a foul. BBD on the other hand isn't as strong IMO as Powe. Yes BBD is heavier but I think Powe can hold himself well against taller opponents because of his massive amount of muscle. BBD can't finish at the rim anywhere NEAR as good as Powe. BBD isnt as fast as Powe. BBD in a way has perk hands as well. Powe also puts up points MUCH faster then BBD does. I don't recall BBD cracking over 13pts this year or 11 for that matter. Powe has broken those a few times. I'm up for argument on this since i'm a die hard Powe fan and will debate with anyone.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 03:35:14 AM by Scalablob990 »
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 03:25:58 AM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • The REAL Pau Gasol
Hahahaha white Glen Davis, I can't stop laughing. TP 4 that tattered.
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 03:27:36 AM »

• Don Chaney
Leon is scoring less point then last year yes, but i've been watching him closely. His defense I think has improved. His ability to rebound has also improved, and many many many times he's grabbed the offensive rebound when we've needed it or tipped it back out for a new 24. In short, he cleans up messes. He's there to jump in front of a man for a charge, and he comes to play every single day and does not complain if he ends up playing less then 10 minutes a day. Leon is a black hole because NOBODY MOVES ON OFFENSE ANYMORE. Since day one the offense has been stagnant at times and it's getting progressively worse. Leon can finish HARD at the rim, when it's in his hands it rarely leaves. The only problem he needs to tweak out is jumping into somebody in order to try and get a foul. BBD on the other hand isn't as strong IMO as Powe. Yes BBD is heavier but I think Powe can hold himself well against taller opponents because of his massive amount of muscle. BBD can't finish at the rim anywhere NEAR as good as Powe. BBD isnt as fast as Powe. BBD in a way has perk hands as well. Powe also puts up points MUCH faster then BBD does. I don't recall BBD cracking over 13pts this year or 11 for that matter. Powe has broken those a few times. I'm up for argument on this since i'm a die hard Powe fan and will debate with anyone.

I dont really agree with any of this protecting Leon  right now, he's worse in just about every way than he was last year and isnt helping this team win right now..not to be a jerk but he looks as dumb as TA out there

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2009, 03:33:53 AM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • The REAL Pau Gasol
Leon is scoring less point then last year yes, but i've been watching him closely. His defense I think has improved. His ability to rebound has also improved, and many many many times he's grabbed the offensive rebound when we've needed it or tipped it back out for a new 24. In short, he cleans up messes. He's there to jump in front of a man for a charge, and he comes to play every single day and does not complain if he ends up playing less then 10 minutes a day. Leon is a black hole because NOBODY MOVES ON OFFENSE ANYMORE. Since day one the offense has been stagnant at times and it's getting progressively worse. Leon can finish HARD at the rim, when it's in his hands it rarely leaves. The only problem he needs to tweak out is jumping into somebody in order to try and get a foul. BBD on the other hand isn't as strong IMO as Powe. Yes BBD is heavier but I think Powe can hold himself well against taller opponents because of his massive amount of muscle. BBD can't finish at the rim anywhere NEAR as good as Powe. BBD isnt as fast as Powe. BBD in a way has perk hands as well. Powe also puts up points MUCH faster then BBD does. I don't recall BBD cracking over 13pts this year or 11 for that matter. Powe has broken those a few times. I'm up for argument on this since i'm a die hard Powe fan and will debate with anyone.

I dont really agree with any of this protecting Leon  right now, he's worse in just about every way than he was last year and isnt helping this team win right now..not to be a jerk but he looks as dumb as TA out there

Agree to disagree on that my friend. No, it wasn't a jerk thing to say either, I value your opinion on it, but i'll stand my ground on my views. Either way I guess it's a dumb time to argue about this since it's not BBD OR Powe who are the main problems right now, but the entire team. When the Celts clean them selves up again we'll continue this convo since it'll be more clear who's more dead weight by then.
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2009, 07:36:42 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632

Agreed. BBD is a better defender, passer and free throw shooter and appears to have a higher BBIQ (and will likely be a better offensively once he sticks that jumper consistently).  BBD picked up the offensive and defensive rotations as a rookie (which is why he got a lot of minutes as a rookie (more than Powe got as a rookie), Powe is still missing defensive assignments on a regular basis as a 3rd year player.

Not sure what people are seeing, but Doc seems to see what you and I are seeing in BBD, which is why he's getting the minutes.  I love Powe, but he is way overrated, especially in relation to BBD.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

Is Big Baby being showcased?
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2009, 08:11:18 AM »

Offline Rida

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 86
Leon was always the first guy of the bench.

It now seems however that Baby is starting to get a lot more burn.

This is inexcusable, firstly because Leon Powe has ridiculous per minute avgs in both point, rebs and getting to the line.

Secondly because Baby is killing us out there. He started to taje outside jumpers (which explains his .369 fg%)

I have to assume that Baby is getting showcase as his lackluster play is actually harming the team, Leon would make far better use of those minutes.

Lets hope someone bites on Baby soon, his play is a big factor in the bench sucking this year.

Re: Is Big Baby being showcased?
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2009, 09:20:25 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Leon was always the first guy of the bench.

It now seems however that Baby is starting to get a lot more burn.

This is inexcusable, firstly because Leon Powe has ridiculous per minute avgs in both point, rebs and getting to the line.

Secondly because Baby is killing us out there. He started to taje outside jumpers (which explains his .369 fg%)

I have to assume that Baby is getting showcase as his lackluster play is actually harming the team, Leon would make far better use of those minutes.

Lets hope someone bites on Baby soon, his play is a big factor in the bench sucking this year.

If he is being showcased they better put him back on the bench before he loses ALL possible trade value. At least there they can remember when he was actually fit enough to play the game.

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2009, 09:43:01 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
The problem here is that Powe is completely overrated here. Both or one of them needs to get traded for better players. It doesn't matter to me which one goes, but one has to go. As hard as Powe plays, I really hate his game. Baby's game I like... he simply hasn't gotten the results, so he's not good at the moment.

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2009, 10:00:18 AM »

Offline Dino Radjas Fadja

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 9
I think the Celtics are seeing what they have in Baby. Powe's rookie contract I believe is up after the season and is Baby his long term replacement? I like Powe he has great energy and makes the most out of his ability but I htink he will get a better offer for more money and playing time somewhere else.