Poll

If the refs can't control the game, Who's going to deck Ron Artest?

Leon Powe
4 (13.8%)
Big Baby Davis
4 (13.8%)
KPerkins
8 (27.6%)
KGarnett
2 (6.9%)
Other
11 (37.9%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: Poll: Who's going to deck RArtest?  (Read 7018 times)

Poll: Who's going to deck RArtest?
« on: October 16, 2008, 11:51:26 AM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
If you watched the Cs preseason game against Houston and you are like I am, you've probably marked November 4th on your canlendar.  I can't beleive the kind of crap RArtest was getting away with. I am sure RArtest will try to hurt and get on PP's head right from the get go.  And if I am Doc, I am taking names.  We can't let RArtest think he can push PP around.   >:(

It has to be a hard foul - probably a flagrant 1 type foul - so, who do you think should take one for the team....and probably be suspended for a game or two?

I rather have Scal doing so cause he is disposable, but I know Scal won't send a strong message.  We need some one like the departed JPosey/PJBrown, but we'll have to do with what we've got....

I picked Big Baby

Who would you pick?

« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 12:01:13 PM by coco »

Re: Poll: Who's going to deck RArtest?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 11:54:35 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Well, it's a road game so the guy in the third row is probably safe.

I'll go with Big Baby.  I don't think he's necessarily the enforcer type but he can do plenty off accidental damage.
Yup

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 12:15:12 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
Bill Walker.  If Walker's in the game, he might well be playing D on Artest.  KG's too smart to get into a fight.  Powe, he's tough as nails but he's never come close (that I can recall) to getting into a fight on the court.  Perk - I could maybe see him getting involved, but he's learned to control his emotions a bit (I remember him almost getting into a fight as we were being beaten by Indiana in the playoffs his rookie year).

BBD's a lover, not a fighter.

Walker, though...   he seems like he might be a bit of a loose cannon.  Not necessarily bad, but he seems like a VERY emotional player that's going to have to learn how to channel that (ideally, he channels his aggression the same way KG channels his).  He kind of reminds me of Tony Allen during TA's rookie year; a wee bit out of control, you don't really want to take your eyes off him.

Plus, he's already gotten mixed up with them, McGrady threw that shoulder at him, and we know he's not going to back down. 

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 01:30:27 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
If someone is going to do it it should be Paul, if he wants to send a message, it has to come from him. Besides if someone comes off the bench and immediately hammers Artest it's going to be obvious, and the league will investigate it further, leading to more penalties.

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 02:11:28 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
I went with other.  I think it will be Ron Ron himself, after missing a three.  He might break his own jaw.

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 02:15:58 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
I went with Perk, he just seems to always get an attitude but kind of keep it to himself.  You can always see that look on his face.  I think he'll unleash his fury on Artest.

Once I saw that scuffle in the preseason game I got much more excited to actually have tickets to the Celtics Rockets game on Jan 7th.

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 02:26:49 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
I'm sorry but Artest would destroy anyone on our team
God bless and good night!

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 02:54:26 PM »

Offline Eeyore III

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 48
I'll go with TA.  He did pretty good in that Chicago fight against Marktwain Whatsisname ... allegedly.  He's cat quick.  Losing him for a few games wouldn't hurt us much.  He's my pick. ???
"People don't understand, if you can't live the rest of your life off one year in the NBA, you can't live off 21." -- Keon Clark

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 02:56:34 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
Yeah Ron Artest is really tough guy...Of course that's if you fall for his fake tough guy routine.

I wish Perk would put him out of our misery. One of the long wind ups coming down on his empty head would probably do it.  Perk could rest the remainder of the game while PP stays out of fracas and drops 40 on Houston in a big C's win.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2008, 03:02:38 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I'm sorry but Artest would destroy anyone on our team

lol...the truth hurts sometimes (and I'm not talking about PP's nickname)
Yup

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 03:04:51 PM »

Offline Tommy Gun

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
Artest is a Psycho...and he trained as Boxer having said that I think Leon could knock him the hell out. I guess someone could always hold him down as someone else delievered a beating.

He's been pounding the hell out of Pierce for years. Someone should get some payback
See, this is why I'm not allowed to announce NBA games -- I'd be talking in the Cookie Monster voice right now:

Ahhhhhhhhhh ... my knee hurts ... ahhhhhhhhhhhhh ... me don't like when my knee hurts ...

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 03:24:16 PM »

Offline Michael Anthony

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
Scalabrine would knock him the f... out
"All I have to know is, he's my coach, and I follow his lead. He didn't have to say anything in here this week. We all knew what we had to do. He's a big part of our family, and we're like his extended family. And we did what good families do when one of their own is affected." - Teddy Bruschi

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2008, 03:28:29 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
I think there are 3 people you don't want to mess with in the NBA (other than Shaq before he became Snaq).

Ron Artest - flat out psychopath.
Allen Iverson - little guy, lotta bite.
Kevin Garnett - clinically insane.

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2008, 03:55:37 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I think there are 3 people you don't want to mess with in the NBA (other than Shaq before he became Snaq).

you have got to be kidding me Iverson? we all know the guy is tough as far as taking hits and getting back up, but being afraid of him in a fight is another thing. Eddie House could take Iverson out if it ever came down to it . House probably out weighs him by at least 20 LBS.

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2008, 04:01:02 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55

Dont forget the little man, Nate Robinson.  not saying he will fight fair, but he'll tell you it's all good, you turn your back and then he'll attack you.  Thats who you have to watch out for, the cheap shot king...