Author Topic: Make a trade Proposal for Fultz  (Read 6674 times)

Re: Make a trade Proposal for Fultz
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2017, 12:31:09 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Okay, Celtics fans have officially devalued Fultz too far. Philly wouldn't do any of those deals, and they shouldnr. This guy has missed 20 ish games to injury but he was still the consensus number 1 puck and compared by some to James Harden pre draft. He is worth ALOT more than memphis Smart and Rozier even With the injury. I know as fans we love to jump to conclusions but less than half a year into his career writing Fultz off is insane. Guy could still very well end up the best player I  that draft.

What do you think is fair value for Fultz?

Personally, I think he has zero (yet to be determined) trade value at this point. It is far too early for Philadelphia to give up on him, especially after trading two first round picks to get him. They see him as the consensus number 1 pick, who put up good numbers in college, and who has enormous potential going forward. However, for teams looking to trade for him, they have to view him first as the player he has been as a pro. He obviously needs to play more, in order for all the teams involved to be able to determine his trade value.

Terry Rozier and the Memphis pick seems reasonable to me. BTW, Boston may be the only team that Philadelphia can't trade him to because of that initial trade before the draft. Could you imagine if Philly traded him to Boston and Stevens helped realize Fultz's potential. The trade would potentially end up being Tatum, 2018 Lakers Pick and Fultz for (insert your trade to Boston here) Terry Rozier and the Memphis pick.

I would absolutely do that trade...

The repertoire of moves Fultz has in his arsenal cannot just be un-learned... I have seriously no clue why the flying !@#$ the 76ers were content with Fultz changing his shot mid-way through his injury... You would think any organization that has been riddled with injuries, and the Bynum incident would've realized that taking more safety precautions to make sure Fultz doesn't ever see the court at all until he's entirely healthy, is completely beyond my comprehension.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2017, 12:34:49 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
I'm in for one sharing-size bag of funions.

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2017, 12:46:26 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
I personally do not want him on the team. Of course if Danny can get him cheap I am all for a steal. Other than another banger and to see how Hayward fits. I Love this team
Danny to me has not made a bad call on a pick in a long time. I guess RJ was the last.
Theis, Larkin and Baynes were all astute moves.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2017, 01:19:02 PM »

Offline Ed Hollison

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 195
He won't get traded, for the same reason it took Okafor so long to get traded. It's that the organization would look foolish trading him for anything less than the original draft capital it spent to obtain him (in this case, the #1 overall pick). This kid is on the team for the entirety of his rookie contract at least, unless he's traded in a deal perceived to get the Sixers into contention. Nothing less would get that done.
"A thought of hatred must be destroyed by a more powerful thought of love."

http://fruittreeblog.com

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2017, 01:26:46 PM »

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 45
Looking at Philly's history, why would we expect them to consider trading Fultz, except for an extreme overpay?

I'm sure if we offered them Jaylen or Tatum they would "bite," but outside of them getting a home-run offer, they have never traded players with perceived low value, out of principal in the cases of Embiid/Simmons, and also out of sheer stupidity in the case of Okafor, who they could have probably got a first rounder for before they denied his option.

Philly is dumb. I hate their draft strategy. I feel like it will blow up in their face, likely with Embiid's career being cut short (shame because he is fun to watch).

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2017, 03:28:19 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
It is threads like this one that give Celtics' fans a bad name across the country.

I think you're wrong and that this is one case in which our pragmatism is spot on. I have seen very little from Markelle Fultz to show that he is an NBA caliber player. There are above average players in the league like Ish Smith (for lack of better example due to recency bias) that are still in this league that get tossed around and have very little trade value that are lightyears ahead of Fultz.

His accomplishments in college were not that great. He didn't win much and he quit on his team with suspect injuries. I realize that he looked like a fantastic player if what you saw was carbon copied into an NBA game, but I'm afraid that it doesn't work that way and all that we've seen in his relatively short NBA career has been VERY underwhelming.

The Sixers goofed and admitted that he has no injury because they had to: how else can they explain why an injured player is playing after his agent made a couple idiotic posts. What you're seeing right now is the private version of the D league in which they're working on his game without admitting he needs work under the guise of an injury.

He has some trade value because he's the #1 pick and people want to believe he will be a superstar, but any great GM will see that he is at best worth a basic lotto pick next year (less than 5th pick) and at worst whatever they got for MCW and Noel. He will at best be an above average rotational player like Ish Smith if he joins a quality franchise (yesterday).

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2017, 03:41:12 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
It is threads like this one that give Celtics' fans a bad name across the country.

I think you're wrong and that this is one case in which our pragmatism is spot on. I have seen very little from Markelle Fultz to show that he is an NBA caliber player. There are above average players in the league like Ish Smith (for lack of better example due to recency bias) that are still in this league that get tossed around and have very little trade value that are lightyears ahead of Fultz.

His accomplishments in college were not that great. He didn't win much and he quit on his team with suspect injuries. I realize that he looked like a fantastic player if what you saw was carbon copied into an NBA game, but I'm afraid that it doesn't work that way and all that we've seen in his relatively short NBA career has been VERY underwhelming.

The Sixers goofed and admitted that he has no injury because they had to: how else can they explain why an injured player is playing after his agent made a couple idiotic posts. What you're seeing right now is the private version of the D league in which they're working on his game without admitting he needs work under the guise of an injury.

He has some trade value because he's the #1 pick and people want to believe he will be a superstar, but any great GM will see that he is at best worth a basic lotto pick next year (less than 5th pick) and at worst whatever they got for MCW and Noel. He will at best be an above average rotational player like Ish Smith if he joins a quality franchise (yesterday).

I'll agree that he'll need to join a better franchise. They botched him by letting him play through the injury, and that resulted in him getting the yips. Its unfortunate, but I'm convinced the new 76ers medical staff should be fired, but at least they aren't taking heed to Embiid's displeasure and voiced frustrations, and aren't letting him play any back to back games.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2017, 03:52:28 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.

So dramatic. Every forum with thousands of posts is going to have some over the top ones.
Sure and it doesn't mean they shouldn't be called out as ridiculous, which is exactly what I did.
We have no need for Fultz it is a stupid thread that would be deleted in Sons of Sam Horn. This forum has many post that are like wow. You come or you don't come. Celtic fans are the best to me but i think this forum is going down and not up.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 04:01:26 PM by spikelovetheCelts »
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2017, 04:04:47 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
There is a reason we traded our chance to draft him away for a better prospect and a chance at another top 5 pick. Why would we want him in Boston now?

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2017, 04:09:49 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
This isn't nba2k. We can't just bring back a guy  we didn't want

« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2017, 05:16:29 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason

So dramatic. Every forum with thousands of posts is going to have some over the top ones.
Sure and it doesn't mean they shouldn't be called out as ridiculous, which is exactly what I did.
We have no need for Fultz it is a stupid thread that would be deleted in Sons of Sam Horn. This forum has many post that are like wow. You come or you don't come. Celtic fans are the best to me but i think this forum is going down and not up.

It's only a few people who insist on creating a new thread/poll every other day to discuss what we think Jaylen Brown's favorite color is. Generally what happens is the first 10 posts are "what are you smoking" followed by someone defending the OP which leads into a 5 page thread. It's a bit silly, but moderation can't really restrict people's ability to make non-abusive threads because then you're effectively censoring posts to what you personally agree with, which is far worse than the occasional clickbait followed with "what did I just do with my life?"

« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2017, 05:35:58 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

well, i have been here at cb since dirt was young. what you are observing is typical for cb and i suspect other blogs. some days are better than others. some posters are better than others. some threads are better than others.

in general, posting here fluctuates  up and down, but in general the quality of some posters is quite good. i just do my best to live through the low points.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2017, 07:20:59 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Ainge had every chance to draft and he did not.   I doubt he trades for him.   Fultz was a good college player on a bad team.  He hid for half the year last year.   He has had problems this year.   Why would anyone want to take a flyer on this guy, who has warning signs all over him. 

If he is any good, the 76ers are not going to trade him for the trash heap proposed in this thread.