3 (5.7%)
Portland
0 (0%)
Houston
7 (13.2%)
Other
6 (11.3%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: Jimmy Butler (Merged Threads)  (Read 49090 times)

Re: Jimmy Butler has requested a trade
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2018, 03:47:18 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
I do not understand the Ricky Davis comparison. Davis was offensive flash, poor defender, played in 11 playoff games... A better comparison would be a poor man's Scottie Pippen, minus the playoff pedigree. Lock down perimeter defender, good secondary scoring option with a solid offensive repertoire.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2018, 03:49:55 PM »

Offline ConnerHenry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
Raptors, a team seemingly going all in for 1 year and then blowing it up, should be considered a player for Butler.

Do they have anything they can trade that would interest the Twolves and also match salary?

A package of, say, VanFleet, Miles, Wright and a lottery protected 1st rounder may be enticing to Thibs. A few solid veterans and low/mid range prospects might be all you can expect from an expiring trade request.

VanFleet just re-signed and can't be traded until Dec

« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2018, 03:57:58 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
I do not understand the Ricky Davis comparison. Davis was offensive flash, poor defender, played in 11 playoff games... A better comparison would be a poor man's Scottie Pippen, minus the playoff pedigree. Lock down perimeter defender, good secondary scoring option with a solid offensive repertoire.

I just meant his impact on the court....winning games...not really worth trading any of our guys, for a FA
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2018, 04:14:16 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Raptors, a team seemingly going all in for 1 year and then blowing it up, should be considered a player for Butler.

Do they have anything they can trade that would interest the Twolves and also match salary?

A package of, say, VanFleet, Miles, Wright and a lottery protected 1st rounder may be enticing to Thibs. A few solid veterans and low/mid range prospects might be all you can expect from an expiring trade request.

VanFleet just re-signed and can't be traded until Dec

Actually not until January 15th.

« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2018, 04:43:28 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

I just meant his impact on the court....winning games...not really worth trading any of our guys, for a FA

And I was just rehashing some of LarBrd's classic Butler comparisons. I messed it up, though - the references involved Mac 'n Cheese, not just Butler  :P

« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2018, 04:46:41 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
If those are only 3 teams then the price to get Butler won’t be that high.

What could the Clippers give up? Say 2 expiring contracts in Wes Johnson, Marjanovic, the rookie Gilgeous-Alexander, and 2 future firsts maybe.  A starting 5 of Bradley, Butler, Harris, Gallo, and Gortat could be appealing with Butler handling the ball a lot.  Could be good news for the Clippers pick that is lottery protected.

For the Knicks maybe Noah’s big expiring contract, rookie Knox, and 2 future firsts?

Would the Nets be willing to trade future firsts ever again? Lol

« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2018, 04:53:02 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Kawhi Leonard requested a trade as well but not to the Raptors.

« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2018, 05:02:21 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
Thibs traded Lavine, Dunn, and Markkanen for Butler. He has single-handedly ruined that franchise's trajectory.

Could you imagine a lineup of:

Dunn (defensive menace and decent facilitator)
Lavine (pure scorer)
Wiggins (who had improved as a scorer every year until last year)
Markkanen (perfect stretch four next to Towns)
Towns (a natural center on defense who has had to play PF next to Dieng)

That's a lot of young, scary, complementary bucket-getters.

This is not entirely correct.  Minni also got the #16 pick which ended up being former Creighton star Justin Patton.  I don't think too many were saying that was a bad trade for Minni at the time.  It looks bad now that Butler has gone rogue.  I think all of these players are overrated, Butler, Levine, Dunn, all of them.  Markkanen and Patton, TBD.

Butler wanting to be traded and Minni actually trading him are two different things.  We'll see.  I don't think Butler is as valuable around the league as he thinks.  I have no interest in him in Boston.  I like our team just the way it is unless we get a very promising starting level big in a deal.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 05:08:53 PM by Vermont Green »

« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2018, 05:05:48 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

What could the Clippers give up? Say 2 expiring contracts in Wes Johnson, Marjanovic, the rookie Gilgeous-Alexander, and 2 future firsts maybe.  A starting 5 of Bradley, Butler, Harris, Gallo, and Gortat could be appealing with Butler handling the ball a lot.  Could be good news for the Clippers pick that is lottery protected.

For the Knicks maybe Noah’s big expiring contract, rookie Knox, and 2 future firsts?

I think you need to gauge Butler's valuable comparable to what the Pacers got for George, which means 1sts may not need to be included. One prospect and one starting caliber player with upside might get it done.

Clippers: Shai, Harris
Nets: Crabbe, Russell
Knicks: Hardaway, Frankie

I do agree that a Clippers team that has a backcourt of Williams-Bradley-Beverly-Teodosic, a wing rotation of Butler-Harris-Gallinari-Luc, and a big rotation of Gortat-Harrell would be pretty interesting. If Doc can put the pieces together and they can stay healthy, that team could make noise.

« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2018, 05:12:51 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87

I think you need to gauge Butler's valuable comparable to what the Pacers got for George, which means 1sts may not need to be included. One prospect and one starting caliber player with upside might get it done.

Clippers: Shai, Harris
Nets: Crabbe, Russell
Knicks: Hardaway, Frankie

I do agree that a Clippers team that has a backcourt of Williams-Bradley-Beverly-Teodosic, a wing rotation of Butler-Harris-Gallinari-Luc, and a big rotation of Gortat-Harrell would be pretty interesting. If Doc can put the pieces together and they can stay healthy, that team could make noise.
Don't be a pu$$$y and go ahead and try to spell Ntilinka.  ;D

Edit: I just had to look it up and I effed it up. So if you can't spell his name how can you trade him?

« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2018, 05:25:30 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Adrian Wojnarowski

Verified account

@wojespn
 11s11 seconds ago
More
Minnesota's Jimmy Butler has three preferred destinations for a trade, league sources tell ESPN: The Brooklyn Nets, Los Angeles Clippers and New York Knicks. Those three teams have max cap space to sign Butler as a free agent in July.

Well, I think its clear what his intentions are.

If he's traded, don't his Bird rights go with him? I don't follow why cap room of the receiving team matters...is there some nuance about how much he can be re-signed for?

« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2018, 05:31:22 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
If I were New Orleans I'd try to get in on this.

They have to gamble to keep AD.

Julius Randle could be great next to towns.

« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2018, 05:58:24 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Here comes the Irving trade rumors .

JB ,,please go to LA

« Reply #73 on: September 19, 2018, 06:24:36 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I'm not praying but I'm doing everything close to it. PLEASE NO DANNY!! Gotta google voodoo...
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #74 on: September 19, 2018, 06:27:25 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Would be funny if Raptors trade for him