Author Topic: Celtics Orlando Updates  (Read 29721 times)

Re: Celtics Orlando Updates
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2020, 04:24:14 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Lol @ Rondo complaining about the hotel accommodations. The teams are staying at Coronado Springs, Grand Floridian, and the Yacht Club; it's not like they stuck them at the Disney All Star resorts (which are still just fine). In addition, the best teams get to stay at the best resort. In the Lakers (and Celtics) case, they are at the brand new Gran Destino Tower. Coronado Springs isn't necessarily rated the best resort at Disney, but this particular part of the resort is perhaps the nicest on Disney property.

The article below is pretty informative about the hotels where the teams will be staying. Most people here have probably heard of the Grand Floridian as it is often known as the creme de la creme of Disney resorts. Gran Destino Tower is actually considered nicer.

I realize this is tough on the players, but going in with a positive attitude shouldn't be too much to ask for. These guys make a LOT more money than almost anybody else on earth. Staying in luxurious resorts for a couple of months shouldn't be a catastrophic experience.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2020/6/16/21293622/disney-hotels-nba-players-florida

Just to add onto the fact that his middle finger emoji is very very disrespectful to the Hotel.

I've read that there aren't sanitizer or soap dispensers near by his hotel, but even then, the amount of selfish and entitled attitude he's displaying is really tarnishing whatever great memories I have had of him. And as you mentioned, the fact that their hotel suite is relatively better or fresher than most other NBA team's hotels.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2020, 05:25:15 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Tatum dropping off Duece at the airport:

I read the caption before seeing the picture and thought someone caught him in the airport men's room

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2020, 05:30:58 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

I read the caption before seeing the picture and thought someone caught him in the airport men's room

;D

Yeah, I guess its only Pierce who gets caught doing that

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2020, 06:19:49 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
This is why I love Jaylen Brown. He's very humble.

Marc D'Amico
@Marc_DAmico
·
59m
A sign of a player who's concentrating on setting himself up for success within a foreign environment.
Quote Tweet

Nicole Yang
@nicolecyang
 · 1h
Jaylen Brown said he deactivated his Instagram account because he doesn't want to pick up any bad habits until he develops a routine in the bubble.
[Weiss] Jaylen Brown on trying to get in game shape while stuck in a hotel room: "No need to complain, I think all of us come from humble beginnings as is."

;D

Yeah, I guess its only Pierce who gets caught doing that

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

___

Updates from Practice via:

https://twitter.com/Marc_DAmico/status/1281703326984409088

__

Kemba Walker updates:

Marc D'Amico
@Marc_DAmico
The team is gradually increasing his workload. Would be ill-advised to throw him right into full practices after spending the last four months rehabbing and without the ability to practice.
Quote Tweet

Hans Dancin
@HansDancin
 · 1h
Replying to @Marc_DAmico
What is this issue with Kemba’s knee still? Is he really still having problems? After 4 months off?

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2020, 06:32:56 PM »

Offline NorthStation

• NCE
  • Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
Thank you for the pics!

I figured since we have almost a full month of no basketball, maybe it would be nice to share any updates with our C's during their stay in Orlando.

Enes Kanter enjoying his packed meal + view:

https://twitter.com/BDCCeltics/status/1281245886631346177?s=19

Boston.com Celtics News
@BDCCeltics

Thank you for the pics!
Thank you for posting these pics! :)
·
6h
Enes Kanter with another update from the bubble, sharing his breakfast and the view from his hotel room: “This is getting better and better.”

Orlando views:

Jaylen Brown in his Hyperbarbaric chamber, (not Hyperbolic, you silly goose.)

Robyn Hayward on her husband's departure:

Robyn Hayward: “Lots and lots of tears today. We knew NBA means lots of travel, but not for months at a time. We’re so grateful for the time we’ve had together, but in a way, that makes it harder, especially for the girls.”

Vincent P's gaming set up:

I can only picture what the LAN's parties will be like.  :P
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 06:43:43 PM by NorthStation »

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2020, 08:17:52 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
TP monkhouse for great gallery of our basketball heroes!

Bux are ascared of this bunch...theyza very scared.

Lebron will be wishin he was in his 20's again come finals time.

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2020, 08:21:36 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
Rondo disses the Disneyworld hotel room, calls it 'Motel 6'

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2020/07/los-angeles-lakers-rajon-rondo-upset-about-disney-world-hotel-room-calls-it-motel-6.html

All this time to complain about things he doesn't have or should get, when he could've spent that useful time elsewhere on maybe improving his 'defense.'

Sheesh, talk about First World problems. While other people in the US are worried about their job status and the possibility of their homes being evicted or businesses foreclosed.

Maybe he's just trying to prove that he's a true Laker?

As if I need another painful image if the Lakers take this illegitimate season and take home banner 17 -- we get champion Rondo in purple and gold. 

Stay healthy Giannis.

Nothing boils my blood more than Rondo & Bradley both being on the same team with LAL. Just hurts me deeply... I was watching some defensive highlights of Bradley from 2012-2015.

I still recall when Bradley used to make Jameer Nelson cry the night before tipoff, knowing full and well he's getting that full court press.  :'( :'(

TP monkhouse for great gallery of our basketball heroes!

Bux are ascared of this bunch...theyza very scared.

Lebron will be wishin he was in his 20's again come finals time.

TP back at cha!

Thank you for the pics!

Appreciate it with some sprinkle of thanks!  ;D

Welcome to Celticsstrong, I threw ya one delicious little Tommy Point!

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2020, 08:23:42 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
If Kemba's knee is still not feeling better after having 4 months off, then perhaps it's time to move on from him.

As for the Rondo comments- lost all respect for the guy after he left. He was very likable back in the 2010-2012 days, but I guess once the Brad Stevens era began he became a journeyman. Nearly killed us in the 2017 NBA Playoffs against the Bulls; if not for his injury Celtics would've probably been embarrassingly swept or lost in 5 to the #8 seeded team and Brad would not hear the end of it. Then he eventually went to join the Lakers and gave the Celtics enough troubles at the Garden by knocking down that game-winning shot in 2019, and basically kissing up on LeBron's bum.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2020, 08:28:02 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
If Kemba's knee is still not feeling better after having 4 months off, then perhaps it's time to move on from him.

As for the Rondo comments- lost all respect for the guy after he left. He was very likable back in the 2010-2012 days, but I guess once the Brad Stevens era began he became a journeyman. Nearly killed us in the 2017 NBA Playoffs against the Bulls; if not for his injury Celtics would've probably been embarrassingly swept or lost in 5 to the #8 seeded team and Brad would not hear the end of it. Then he eventually went to join the Lakers and gave the Celtics enough troubles at the Garden by knocking down that game-winning shot in 2019, and basically kissing up on LeBron's bum.

Whoa, that is certainly a hot take!!!

I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt, and at least see what happens this year...

At the end of the day, our team boasts 3 above average wings, and one excellent offensive scoring PG in Walker.

I suspect he may have lingering knee issues, just like Kawhi, where it's chronic. But I don't think it is as serious as you're making it out to be.

I trust Walker's work ethic and determination to hone his skills so he isn't self reliant on his speed.

He's shown he can take over games, create offense, play make, and actually become a leader unlike one of his 'more,' talented peer.  ;)

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2020, 08:47:15 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt, and at least see what happens this year...

At the end of the day, our team boasts 3 above average wings, and one excellent offensive scoring PG in Walker.

I suspect he may have lingering knee issues, just like Kawhi, where it's chronic. But I don't think it is as serious as you're making it out to be.

I trust Walker's work ethic and determination to hone his skills so he isn't self reliant on his speed.

He's shown he can take over games, create offense, play make, and actually become a leader unlike one of his 'more,' talented peer.  ;)

Now Celticsstrong is truly back!! It took only one day of official practice to get these discussions back on track in here  ;D

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2020, 08:57:37 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Now Celticsstrong is truly back!! It took only one day of official practice to get these discussions back on track in here  ;D

Are you kidding? They haven't won a game in over 4 months. These players deserve the backlash  :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2020, 09:47:42 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Are you kidding? They haven't won a game in over 4 months. These players deserve the backlash  :P

Exactly! Fire Stevens!

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2020, 12:16:09 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617

Exactly! Fire Stevens!

Please, fire danny first. Look what he's done lately.. nothing.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2020, 12:56:57 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

Such a terrible name to give a kid. He's gonna hear bathroom jokes his whole life.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2020, 02:16:48 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Such a terrible name to give a kid. He's gonna hear bathroom jokes his whole life.
I'm 99% sure his name is actually Jayson Tatum Jr., so thankfully it's not his literal name I guess
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)