Author Topic: On This Day In Celtics History…  (Read 21894 times)

Re: On This Day In Celtics History…
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2023, 06:22:16 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
This board has always significantly overrated Rondo.  He was a wildly inconsistent complimentary player.  He had no business being a top 3 option and he thought he was and that was his downfall.  Also very immature even as a vet.  He played hard though, he just wasn't as good as he thought and much of thus board thought.  I was happy to be out of the Rondo business, even though the team waited too long to trade him.
Also a loser human being and quit on the team in the middle of a season. Cs fans rated him much more than others across the NBA. I was happy to see him leave. Team took off once he was traded.

The point of him being a loser human being there is certainly reason to say this. The rest of it though, I just don’t think that is true. He was quite a popular player around the league. In fact he was coaching alongside Lebron this past summer and got a very warm reception https://deadspin.com/lebron-james-rajon-rondo-nike-elite-1850610828. The idea he is beloved by Boston fans is kind of comical in how inaccurate it is. As donogus mentions he was very polarizing and  a lot of fans didn’t even like him when he was here.

« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2023, 08:31:38 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Only In Boston
@OnlyInBOS
·
50s
Bill Russell made his debut to the Boston Celtics 67 years ago today, playing for 16 minutes, scoring 6 points and grabbing 21 rebounds.

Russell and Tommy Heinsohn would lead the Celtics to the franchise's first championship four months later.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2024, 07:31:09 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
This is a helluva statline by the Chief.  And against the '81-82 Sixers to boot!

Honest☘️Larry
@HonestLarry1
On this date in 1982, Robert Parish scored 37 points, had 21 rebounds and  blocked 5 shots to give the Celtics a 123-111 win over the stupid 76ers. Larry Bird came  off the bench for the 7th straight game and poured in 29. Not a shred of video evidence. Sad.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2024, 02:11:22 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
This is a helluva statline by the Chief.  And against the '81-82 Sixers to boot!

Honest☘️Larry
@HonestLarry1
On this date in 1982, Robert Parish scored 37 points, had 21 rebounds and  blocked 5 shots to give the Celtics a 123-111 win over the stupid 76ers. Larry Bird came  off the bench for the 7th straight game and poured in 29. Not a shred of video evidence. Sad.

That game used to be on youtube. They took it down about a year ago.

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2024, 09:33:45 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I was a big fan of young Rondo .  When DA traded Perk .  That sort of destroyed Rondo s attitude.  I know it messed me up bad .  Rondo just never was the same to me.

« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2024, 10:09:52 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291

Honest☘️Larry
@HonestLarry1

i'm still waiting for an nba streaming service that offers all of the archival footage possible.

« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2024, 10:18:20 AM »

Online Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 262
  • International Superstar

Honest☘️Larry
@HonestLarry1

i'm still waiting for an nba streaming service that offers all of the archival footage possible.
I'm sure if the rights were more-easily sorted the league would have this available as a YouTube Premium channel or League Pass extension/tier.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.