Author Topic: NCAA Basketball 2009 - 2010  (Read 54873 times)

Re: NCAA Basketball 2009 - 2010
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2010, 10:01:15 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
[dang] Richmond.  Screw me over.

Ditto. TP for the pain.

..annnd add UTEP and Georgetown to that.  Wow, I am failing HARD.

Not as hard as me, hoss.  I'm currently ranked last  :(
That's just rewards, though, considering I watched maybe one college b-ball game this year....

I think Georgetown messed up a lot of brackets. ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2010, 10:48:54 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
this has been the first year that i have watched zero college hoops games......and will probably be the best i ever do with filling out my bracket  :P

Ditto. I made picks and then checked the teams I had in the final 8. Most of them either sputtered to the finish or were over seeded. I bet Ill win too!

I love Evan Turner so I have OSU wining the whole thing beating Kansas even though I foind out that they are about as deep as Perk's shooting range.

« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2010, 12:13:56 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
[dang] Richmond.  Screw me over.

Ditto. TP for the pain.

..annnd add UTEP and Georgetown to that.  Wow, I am failing HARD.

Not as hard as me, hoss.  I'm currently ranked last  :(
That's just rewards, though, considering I watched maybe one college b-ball game this year....

I think Georgetown messed up a lot of brackets. ;)

Rule #1 when i fill out a bracket every year:

NEVER trust an A-10 team.  Normally i pick against EVERY A-10 team in the first round regardless of seed...this year i gave Temple 1 win just because it seems like they are getting no respect against Cornell - which is probably the way it should be.  If Temple loses i'll never stray from my theory again.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2010, 12:48:59 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Temple-Cornell is a pretty good game for basketball purists.  Both teams execute well with a high Bball IQ.  Cornell's dominating early though.

« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2010, 12:53:16 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
I feel like Murray State kicked me in the balls. Hard. I even had press passes to cover Vanderbilt in the Sweet Sixteen/Elite Eight...and Final Four tickets, just in case.

The most talented team Kevin Stallings has had in Nashville, and they can't grab a [dang] rebound. Jermaine Beal, sadly, goes out a loser in the first round in his final game as a Commodore.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2010, 01:27:44 AM »

Offline chief3233

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 8
  • Bleed Green
No big deal but I attend Northern Iowa...and for a small town I've never seen such a party!!!!
"The emblem of a warrior, it's the swagger of an athlete, a champion and dynasty, it's gifted, golden, genuine and glorious. It is a lower-case god. It's the goat. The greatest of all time. What's G? It is the heart, hustle and soul of the game."

« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2010, 02:20:27 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Kansas broke my heart.  :'(  (And Villanova!) Wow ... I missed a big day in the NCAA.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 03:14:16 AM by Bahku »

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2010, 03:15:23 AM »

Offline Ohio Celtics Fan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 18
  • GM - NYK
If anyone still has a bracket that is in respectable condition please take a picture of it and post it on here so we can bask in your superior(lucky) college basketball knowledge.  ::)
CB Draft - New York Knicks
PG: George Hill / Nate Robinson
SG: Dwyane Wade / Gerald Henderson / Christian Eyenga
SF:  Grant Hill / Paul George / Earl Clark
PF:  Kenyon Martin / Jordan Hill / (Earl Clark)
C:   Greg Oden / Kurt Thomas / Hilton Armstong

« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2010, 03:22:42 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
If anyone still has a bracket that is in respectable condition please take a picture of it and post it on here so we can bask in your superior(lucky) college basketball knowledge.  ::)

Yeah really, OCF! If anyone is even CLOSE I will tout them as genius for the next year! ;)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2010, 03:29:14 AM »

Offline Ohio Celtics Fan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 18
  • GM - NYK

Yeah really, OCF! If anyone is even CLOSE I will tout them as genius for the next year! ;)

There was something on ESPN after the Ohio upset over Georgetown that there were only 56 perfect brackets remaining from their online competition. I wonder what that number is now.
CB Draft - New York Knicks
PG: George Hill / Nate Robinson
SG: Dwyane Wade / Gerald Henderson / Christian Eyenga
SF:  Grant Hill / Paul George / Earl Clark
PF:  Kenyon Martin / Jordan Hill / (Earl Clark)
C:   Greg Oden / Kurt Thomas / Hilton Armstong

« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2010, 09:03:45 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 652
  • MASTER OF PANIC
would like to see ohio state get out of the midwest now....but GT will be tough

« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2010, 09:11:29 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
No big deal but I attend Northern Iowa...and for a small town I've never seen such a party!!!!

Enjoy it.  That's got to be a crazy atmosphere. 

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2010, 10:00:55 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376
Washington is one hell of an 11 seed.  They ruined the chances of my New Mexico Lobos from getting to their first sweet 16 ever, but totally outhustling and outplaying them.  New Mexico was hurt in this tourney by a wrist injury to Darington Hobson - their best player.  But, I seriously doubt a healthy Hobson would've been enough to overcome an 18 point shellacking.  Just a bad matchup for NM.  Watch out for Washington.

« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2010, 10:04:20 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

There was something on ESPN after the Ohio upset over Georgetown that there were only 56 perfect brackets remaining from their online competition. I wonder what that number is now.

I've got 3 of my final 4, that's pretty good still kinda sorta yeh?
Yup

« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2010, 11:03:40 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

It was zero before the first round ended.  Deadspin had a neat article on the odds of a perfect bracket - if everyone on Earth filled out one million brackets each, all unique from one another, the odds would still be one in a million that any one bracket would be perfect.

Anyway, great game by UNI and by Washington - the field's starting to open up a bit.  Just need Cuse to take care of business today and I'll be happy.