Author Topic: KG pummelling Powe  (Read 10725 times)

KG pummelling Powe
« on: April 21, 2008, 11:56:56 AM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11842
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Anyone have a clip of Leon's dunk and KG's reaction to it?  I would love to have a video of that.  I checked YouTube but didn't see one.   KP for anyone coming up with one.   

Re: KG pummelling Powe
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 12:00:10 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
NBA.com has the video of the dunk.  Not sure if it goes long enough.  I can;t get it to play.

http://www.nba.com/video/

click on 'Celtics-Hawks'

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 12:02:45 PM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 303
  • Anything is possible
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WrVTMBxnP4I

That doesn't have KG's entire reaction, but it shows him pushing Leon down once or twice. That's all I could find on youtube right now.
Check out my blog, Chapsketblog - http://chapsketblog.wordpress.com/

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 12:06:18 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I found a good photo

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 12:13:01 PM »

Offline drza44

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 187
This guy has a nice still-shot medley of the dunk, KG standing over Powe, and KG screaming in Powe's ear for the next several minutes. 

http://redsarmy.wordpress.com/2008/04/21/yes-yes-in-the-face/

The hilarious thing is the look on each of their faces.  KG is going ballistic, Powe is looking like "can someone please get this maniac out of my ear?".  For those of you that saw the movie "The Replacements", this whole sequence reminded me of the linebacker chasing and beating the crap out of the kicker every time the kicker made a big kick.

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 12:25:27 PM »

Offline bleedingreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Hinrich sucks, Deng sucks, Bulls suck, I'm out.
This guy has a nice still-shot medley of the dunk, KG standing over Powe, and KG screaming in Powe's ear for the next several minutes. 

The hilarious thing is the look on each of their faces.  KG is going ballistic, Powe is looking like "can someone please get this maniac out of my ear?".  For those of you that saw the movie "The Replacements", this whole sequence reminded me of the linebacker chasing and beating the crap out of the kicker every time the kicker made a big kick.

haha, yes on the replacements.

KG is starting to get chuck norris status. "After crushing the hawks by 30 in the first game of the playoffs, KG needed to let off some steam by giving a celebratory pummeling the crap out of, to team mate Leon Powe.

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 12:26:58 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I found a good photo

I love the look on Bibby's face in this picture.  He looks like he is already trying to figure out when his first round of golf will be.

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 02:07:59 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11842
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Thanks Wdleehi and CB32.  TPs for the finds.   That video is great.  TP to bleedgreen for the comment as well.  Too funny. 

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2008, 02:08:13 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
sam and kev showin powe pimipin love...

powe has come along way...

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2008, 02:55:25 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

I watched the game with  my wife last night and she asked, "Why is Kevin Garnett beating him up? Did he miss an important shot or something?"  I explained that it was because Powe MADE the shot, and her reply: "Now I bet he wishes he missed it"
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2008, 03:13:17 PM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
in the old days,someone would have said,anyone have a v for him(KG)**** ;D

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2008, 03:36:46 PM »

Offline Cry Baby

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 3
Yeah I saw that sequence... KG even slapped Powe's head hard enough that he gave him the dagger looks... Funny...  ;D

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2008, 08:56:15 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
that was the second best dunk of the year, imo.  the rondo one against detroit was the best.  kg's reaction towards leon was classic kg!

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2008, 09:10:25 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522

I watched the game with  my wife last night and she asked, "Why is Kevin Garnett beating him up? Did he miss an important shot or something?"  I explained that it was because Powe MADE the shot, and her reply: "Now I bet he wishes he missed it"

Seriously, if I am Powe I avoid my next power dunk opportunity like the plague so as to escape the possibility of another KG beating. ;)   

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2008, 10:18:17 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
all I could think after that play (and game) is Powe is gonna get paid a good amount of money by a really bad team when his contract is up... its too bad seeing a guy grown before your eyes and likely us not get compensated for it, but he's been a wonder and hopefully we'll see similar performances throughout the playoffs
When you love life, life loves you right back