Poll

Should the Celtics trade for AD?

Yes.  (Tatum in the deal)
22 (44.9%)
No.   (Not worth giving up assets for a one year rental)
19 (38.8%)
Yes but only if Tatum isn't in the deal.
8 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Anthony Davis traded to Lakers(page 272)  (Read 344058 times)

Re: Woj: Pelicans agree to trade Davis to LAL
« Reply #4185 on: June 15, 2019, 07:29:40 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
I am genuinely shocked by this deal.

I thought for sure LAL was out of the mix given Brandon Ingram's health issues. Prior to that happening, sure, LAL were a legit threat to get AD. But after? How in the world?!

« Reply #4186 on: June 15, 2019, 07:30:29 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
WOW. Unbelievable.

The Lakers always get what they want, right? SMH

Gonna be another disappointing Celtics season, as far as I'm concerned. No AD, Kyrie's probably gone, and Danny will probably keep Rozier. Ugh. Gross.

In case you're wondering, no, I don't think Tatum and/or Brown and/or Rozier are gonna be superstars.

They didn't get KG, remember?

« Reply #4187 on: June 15, 2019, 07:30:30 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 488
Good.

And I wager all 1000 tommy points that Lakers do not win the championship next season

Dude you only have 80 Tommy Points.

Oooooooooh kill um
#JKJB

« Reply #4188 on: June 15, 2019, 07:30:47 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Marc Stein Verified account @TheSteinLine 23m23 minutes ago

The Boston Celtics refused to make Jayson Tatum available in trade talks with New Orleans, league sources say, putting the Lakers in prime position to strike the deal that teams Anthony Davis with LeBron James

Good

You dont trade Tatum

« Reply #4189 on: June 15, 2019, 07:31:30 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
Honestly ... I do not care about Kyrie leaving

But AD not coming here ... now that hurts. This guy was the saviour. The MVP caliber player. The player you build your whole franchise around. A once in a generation star talent. He had the mix of Bill Russell and Bill Walton. He just needed some guidance. To get away from all that terrible coaching in New Orleans.

Ugh ... it's like losing out and not getting KG or Larry Bird.

« Reply #4190 on: June 15, 2019, 07:32:07 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I am genuinely shocked by this deal.

I thought for sure LAL was out of the mix given Brandon Ingram's health issues. Prior to that happening, sure, LAL were a legit threat to get AD. But after? How in the world?!

Please tell me who else was available to trade for Davis? Nobody was going to rent this guy. He is NOT worth it. He is no Kawhi Leonard.

« Reply #4191 on: June 15, 2019, 07:38:42 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
Wow.

I'm honestly shocked. Danny Ainge planned for years to go after AD and he backed down when the time came.

What is Danny's plan for the Celtics? 

I'm actually okay with a youth movement but I'm genuinely upset by the notion that the Celtics don't have a clear plan or philosophy.

Just because you haven't been informed of it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

True.

However, for YEARS, I mean over a DECADE, Danny Ainge has been all about compiling assets and positioning the team to make a big trade when the opportunity arises.

Now the team had that opportunity and they chose not to take it.

There is no obvious next move on the horizon.  There is no clear next target for a major trade to make the Celtics a contender.

Danny is not a "build through youth" GM. Never has been. Wyc talks all the time about how impatient he is for the team to be really good.

In the wake of this AD trade, what do you believe the Celtics ownership and front office actually believe?  What is their philosophy for building a great team?  What is their plan?

I have no idea, and that to me is scarier than the idea of trading future assets for a superstar who will leave in a year.

Sure there is:

Bring back Rozier, maybe Morris.

Start Rozier, Brown, Hayward, Tatum and Horford.  Bench consists of Smart, maybe Morris, Robert Williams, Semi and Baynes.

Put a weight clause in Yabusele's contract; if he doesn't lose 25 pounds, cut him.

Draft 3 first round picks.  Reach for high ceiling, such as Bol, with one of them.  Draft Edwards as back up high energy PG.  Also a sharp shooter like Windler perhaps. 

« Reply #4192 on: June 15, 2019, 07:39:24 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
A very lopsided trade. Two injured players and Josh Hart. Maybe that #4 pick will be something....

« Reply #4193 on: June 15, 2019, 07:40:15 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I wonder if the Pelicans would be willing to trade either Jrue Holiday or Lonzo Ball.

Both would be nice to have for us, more so Holiday.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #4194 on: June 15, 2019, 07:45:11 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
Wow.

I'm honestly shocked. Danny Ainge planned for years to go after AD and he backed down when the time came.

What is Danny's plan for the Celtics? 

I'm actually okay with a youth movement but I'm genuinely upset by the notion that the Celtics don't have a clear plan or philosophy.

Just because you haven't been informed of it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

True.

However, for YEARS, I mean over a DECADE, Danny Ainge has been all about compiling assets and positioning the team to make a big trade when the opportunity arises.

Now the team had that opportunity and they chose not to take it.

There is no obvious next move on the horizon.  There is no clear next target for a major trade to make the Celtics a contender.

Danny is not a "build through youth" GM. Never has been. Wyc talks all the time about how impatient he is for the team to be really good.

In the wake of this AD trade, what do you believe the Celtics ownership and front office actually believe?  What is their philosophy for building a great team?  What is their plan?

I have no idea, and that to me is scarier than the idea of trading future assets for a superstar who will leave in a year.
Danny messed up by trading for Irving. He miscalculated that Irving can bring and attract that final superstar we needed. Also the stupid Rose rule is probably something our front office overlooked when they traded for Kyrie.

Good point. But they'll never admit that.

« Reply #4195 on: June 15, 2019, 07:54:41 PM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35
He is the 3rd All-Star big for LAL in the past 20 years.

Shaq and Pau combined for 5 titles.

Now it's AD's turn to bring them another title.

« Reply #4196 on: June 15, 2019, 07:57:48 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
Danny did the right thing.... Pelicans should not have traded with the Lakers BUT THEY HAD NO CHOICE. ONCE the player and his agent said he was not reUpping with any other team it was OVER.

He did say he'd go to NY. Could they have beaten that package with Barrett (much better than 3rd pick), Knox, Robinson, and the Dallas picks?  Close enough, and they get him out of the Western Conference. I wonder if the Knicks would have offered all that.

Seems like the real winner is Rich Paul. 

« Reply #4197 on: June 15, 2019, 07:59:16 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Danny did the right thing.... Pelicans should not have traded with the Lakers BUT THEY HAD NO CHOICE. ONCE the player and his agent said he was not reUpping with any other team it was OVER.

He did say he'd go to NY. Could they have beaten that package with Barrett (much better than 3rd pick), Knox, Robinson, and the Dallas picks?  Close enough, and they get him out of the Western Conference. I wonder if the Knicks would have offered all that.

The NY thing was not sincere...that guy was all LA.

« Reply #4198 on: June 15, 2019, 08:00:53 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
Might be the only one here but Davis, James and bunch of misfits are not winning a title..Davis cant stay healthy, James is getting old and steroids only last so long..now the need a PG..Kyrie, Walker, Rubio, Conley?
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #4199 on: June 15, 2019, 08:02:10 PM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81

Yup, him and his buddy Lebron get what they want. Kind of sucks being a GM in today’s NBA.