Poll

Should the Celtics trade for AD?

Yes.  (Tatum in the deal)
22 (44.9%)
No.   (Not worth giving up assets for a one year rental)
19 (38.8%)
Yes but only if Tatum isn't in the deal.
8 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Anthony Davis traded to Lakers(page 272)  (Read 344263 times)

Re: Anthony Davis trade thread(latest rumor page 202)
« Reply #3810 on: June 13, 2019, 03:28:20 PM »

Offline Spicoli

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Anthony Davis is absolutely as impactful as Kawhi. He's a big and not a wing so it looks different, but he is right there. Davis on this years Raptors instead of Kawhi would be on the most talented roster he's even been on by a large margin.

Davis is a tier below LeBron, KD, and Kawhi. Davis, Curry, Harden and Giannis are probably in the same category as players. Davis is absolutely a guy you sell the farm for if you can get him on a long term contract. If he's a guaranteed 1 year rental (which he clearly is) you can still trade for him but you should not trade a guy like Tatum. That would set this franchise back years when Davis leaves (and he will).

« Reply #3811 on: June 13, 2019, 03:28:22 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Anthony Davis is absolutely as impactful as Kawhi. He's a big and not a wing so it looks different, but he is right there. Davis on this years Raptors instead of Kawhi would be on the most talented roster he's even been on by a large margin.

Cannot see Davis locking down Giannis completely like Kawhi,
Cannot see Davis bringing the ball up the court and setting up teammates like Leonard has been.

« Reply #3812 on: June 13, 2019, 03:30:23 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Its been real quiet today after that whirlwind yesterday

« Reply #3813 on: June 13, 2019, 03:31:53 PM »

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74

The only stories I've seen today are about how LA and NO are in heavy negotiations.

« Reply #3814 on: June 13, 2019, 03:34:31 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349

The only stories I've seen today are about how LA and NO are in heavy negotiations.

For whatever reason, I bet nothing happens until after the Finals end

« Reply #3815 on: June 13, 2019, 03:43:27 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Cannot see Davis locking down Giannis completely like Kawhi,
Cannot see Davis bringing the ball up the court and setting up teammates like Leonard has been.
Wing <> Big

A 7 foot center plays a different way than a 6-7 wing.

« Reply #3816 on: June 13, 2019, 03:44:28 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254

There is a big difference between how good you are (impactful) and whether you can sustain the emotional discipline and pressure of 4 playoff series and beat a number of other players roughly as good as you are.

Davis probably has the most complete talent in the NBA now that LeBron is starting to slow down.

There are a number of guys that can go off for a few playoff games. Kyrie showed he was able to do that in some huge moments for Cleveland. Our own Jaylen Brown has been the best player on the floor for several playoff games already. That isn't what we're talking about.

The only ones in the NBA who have shown sustained greatness under pressure over a whole postseason is LeBron, Curry, Durant and Leonard. That's the whole list. Going forward, I'd bet on Giannis too because he's so intensely competitive, but everybody else is a maybe.

Being an MVP means nothing if you don't also have that capacity to handle sustained playoff pressure. Who cares about Harden or Westbrook. They will never win you a title like Kawhi or Durant can.

Put Davis down as a possible playoff hero, but until we see it, we don't know.

« Reply #3817 on: June 13, 2019, 03:44:54 PM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
I don't know when this was but Woj saying the lakers have enough pieces to get a deal done

https://www.espn.com/nba/team/_/name/lal/los-angeles-lakers

Of course he's saying all together they have enough but it remains to be seen what they'll offer and who they will include.

I thought I read (maybe here) that he was on sportscenter saying there is distance between the two teams.

Who knows.

« Reply #3818 on: June 13, 2019, 03:47:00 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Danny can only play spoiler at this point Anthony Davis to the Lakers.

« Reply #3819 on: June 13, 2019, 03:47:36 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Put Davis down as a possible playoff hero, but until we see it, we don't know.
That's fair, because he has only been the the playoffs twice and we haven't seen him do it. But he's 26 and he is a monster, even when his teams got their brains beat off he was killing it as a 8th seed and in the 2nd round two years ago.

He didn't pull a KAT/Kyrie and no show suddenly when faced with a far better team. He still was crushing them when he was on the court, but no player can do it alone and those NoP rosters were not good enough.

« Reply #3820 on: June 13, 2019, 03:50:51 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
I don't know when this was but Woj saying the lakers have enough pieces to get a deal done

Of course he's saying all together they have enough but it remains to be seen what they'll offer and who they will include.

I thought I read (maybe here) that he was on sportscenter saying there is distance between the two teams.

Who knows.
Woj is connected to Griffin, we know this:

My read is that Griffin wants to get the best deal he can and get the situation over with so he can rebuild without the circus going into the season. So he's playing the Lakers and Celtics off each other both in private and in the public leaks about the talks. The "Lakers have enough" language is a straight-forward message to Ainge and any dark-horse squad, I'm not waiting any longer for best offers get them in before the draft. (Denver/Toronto/etc)

« Reply #3821 on: June 13, 2019, 03:53:46 PM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104

Who knows.

My read is that Griffin wants to get the best deal he can and get the situation over with so he can rebuild without the circus going into the season. So he's playing the Lakers and Celtics off each other both in private and in the public leaks about the talks. The "Lakers have enough" language is a straight-forward message to Ainge and any dark-horse squad, I'm not waiting any longer for best offers get them in before the draft. (Denver/Toronto/etc)

A good read.  Apparently Windhorst was just on ESPN Jump and basically said Pelicans are making Lakers' offer public as leverage so that Boston can raise their offer.

Though we know whose interests Windhorst represents.

« Reply #3822 on: June 13, 2019, 03:56:18 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
http://twitter.com/Trevor_Lane/status/1139255139594694656

http://twitter.com/Trevor_Lane/status/1139256036441767936

http://twitter.com/Trevor_Lane/status/1139256519709454336

Apparently, Windhorst is reporting that Griffin is primarily using the Lakers - especially the 4th pick for a star narrative - as leverage to get Boston to give up what they want, which to me ultimately sounds like Tatum. Also sounds like the 4th pick for a star demand is only a semi-serious proposition meant primarily to put pressure on Boston to give up what NOLA wants. Though if LA was somehow able to convert that pick into a star, I would guess that NOLA would consider it.

« Reply #3823 on: June 13, 2019, 03:56:50 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Right now I assume the hold up is that Ainge is betting he doesn't have to include Tatum.

Griffin wants Tatum.

Griffin is trying to get other teams to up their (crappy) offers so that he can credibly say to Ainge, "offer Tatum or else I will accept this other deal."

Question is how long the game of chicken lasts.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #3824 on: June 13, 2019, 03:57:00 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Who knows.

A good read.  Apparently Windhorst was just on ESPN Jump and basically said Pelicans are making Lakers' offer public as leverage so that Boston can raise their offer.

Though we know whose interests Windhorst represents.

Which to me means the Pels really want to have Tatum included in the deal and the don't fancy the Lakers over the Cs.