Poll

Should the Celtics trade for AD?

Yes.  (Tatum in the deal)
22 (44.9%)
No.   (Not worth giving up assets for a one year rental)
19 (38.8%)
Yes but only if Tatum isn't in the deal.
8 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Anthony Davis traded to Lakers(page 272)  (Read 342477 times)

Re: Per Woj: Celtics & Lakers have trade talks with Pelicans
« Reply #3675 on: June 12, 2019, 07:01:28 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
@SiChrisMannix

Boston's dilemma: Offer Tatum -- along with a package of young players and picks -- and New Orleans probably bites. But if Kyrie walks this year, Davis the next all the gains made in the Nets trade disappear

@bobbymarks42
Boston is still not allowed to do a Davis trade until after July 1 because of the Designated Rookie Extension Rule. Kyrie Irving is not a free agent until June 30 @ 6PM EST. Both sides can negotiate a framework of a deal and verbally agree

Re: Anthony Davis trade thread(latest rumor page 202)
« Reply #3676 on: June 12, 2019, 07:01:39 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
@SiChrisMannix

Boston's dilemma: Offer Tatum -- along with a package of young players and picks -- and New Orleans probably bites. But if Kyrie walks this year, Davis the next all the gains made in the Nets trade disappear

@bobbymarks42
Boston is still not allowed to do a Davis trade until after July 1 because of the Designated Rookie Extension Rule. Kyrie Irving is not a free agent until June 30 @ 6PM EST. Both sides can negotiate a framework of a deal and verbally agree

« Reply #3677 on: June 12, 2019, 07:04:05 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
@bobbymarks42

can this "framework" mean that you can choose Pelicans picks (14,20,22) on draft night?

« Reply #3678 on: June 12, 2019, 07:04:26 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
I know we're just operating off of whats being reported right now, but id temper your excitement about the possibility of making the trade without including Tatum.

i would think Danny is holding him out as the trump card at this point.  The Lakers are going to include Kuzma at some point and the Pels are going to go back to Danny looking for him to up his offer.
Greg

« Reply #3679 on: June 12, 2019, 07:05:21 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
This deal ain't getting done without Tatum in the package.

Holding out on Tatum is just playing hardball OR Ainge isn't serious about making a deal happen unless it's a super favorable one for the Celts.

Yeah I don't see anyway AD gets traded to the C's without Tatum in the deal. NOLA knows who they want and if they don't get it they'll just take the godfather offer the Lakers will throw at them. Lakers are truly the desperate ones in this whole thing.

What if they like Brown more than any player the Lakers have?

« Reply #3680 on: June 12, 2019, 07:06:22 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
I know we're just operating off of whats being reported right now, but id temper your excitement about the possibility of making the trade without including Tatum.

i would think Danny is holding him out as the trump card at this point.  The Lakers are going to include Kuzma at some point and the Pels are going to go back to Danny looking for him to up his offer.

I think its cause he isnt going to give up Tatum for one year of AD period.

« Reply #3681 on: June 12, 2019, 07:09:12 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Looks like my guess is correct

Woj on ESPN SportsCenter (TV) live right now:

- Boston's offer is very fluid built around Brown and future trade draft picks

- Hope is to lure Kyrie back by parterning him up with AD

- Tatum is not in the offer but if Ainge makes him available deal could be done

- Griffin is very close to Danny Ainge, they worked together in Phoenix

Wow, if this is true it just shows you the value of our assets compared to theirs. That Brown (the 2016 #3 pick) and some future draft picks (likely including the Memphis pick) is looked at as similar value to Ingram (2016 #2 pick), Ball (2017 # 2 pick), and this year’s #4 pick is incredible. The fact that including Tatum would also be a deal-maker for NOLA shows that he is also hugely valued across the league.

Honestly, while Tatum might have the higher ceiling of the two, I think Brown fits better at the 2 with this group and will likely cost less long-term. If including Tatum meant you could likely keep both Brown AND the Memphis pick, I think you have to do it, especially if you think that getting AD would lead to Kyrie re-signing. A lineup of Kyrie, Brown, Hayward, Horford, abd Davis would be scary.

That said, I do wonder if Kyrie’s relationship with Tatum matters here, as Kyrie seems closer to Tatum than Brown, with both being Dukies.

As recently as March, Kyrie talked about them playing together "for years." I think it matters somewhat, but I'd bet if asked Kyrie who'd he'd rather play with, AD is the guy.

Yeah, I remember seeing something recently with Irving talking about Tatum and planning on teaching him things over the next few years. I think Tatum is a big anchor to keep Irving in Boston especially if they can get AD.

I think DA will play it smart with NOLA and have Brown/Smart as the two young guys along with picks, and wont go all in if NOLA wants Tatum and Brown. I remember around trade deadline it was out that Irving and Tatum were off limits. So it looks like everything is revolving around Tatum to be in Boston now.

I think Hayward can play the 2. Some of the smaller guards he'll have a hard time with guarding, but he'll have an advantage on the offense, they can post more with him. And after his injury he has to relearn the game from where he is physically now. Kinda like Jordan, he wasn't the same when he came back and he wasn't injured. But he took the summer and developed that base line fade, and played smarter basketball. I think Hayward can do that, he shown enough at the end of the season there is still some thing there. Plus he wont be rehabbing next season which can take it's toll.

Irving/Hayward?Tatum/Horford/AD..... Out side of Irving thats a good defensie team, and a Horford/AD front court helps cover that weakness quite a bit.  Then offensively you can sit two at a time easily and still have plenty of scoring.

After dreaming of  this, we're going to end up with broken IT/Rondo and Capela....LOL

« Reply #3682 on: June 12, 2019, 07:09:18 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585

I think its cause he isnt going to give up Tatum for one year of AD period.

thats possible.  we'll know eventually
Greg

« Reply #3683 on: June 12, 2019, 07:13:11 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Holding out on Tatum is just playing hardball OR Ainge isn't serious about making a deal happen unless it's a super favorable one for the Celts.

Yeah I don't see anyway AD gets traded to the C's without Tatum in the deal. NOLA knows who they want and if they don't get it they'll just take the godfather offer the Lakers will throw at them. Lakers are truly the desperate ones in this whole thing.

They very well might. With the uncertainty of Ingram, I am not sure any other prospect has as high of a ceiling as Brown.

I guess the question for us fans is would you rather give up Brown/Mem pick or Tatum and keep the Mem pick?

« Reply #3684 on: June 12, 2019, 07:17:15 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
[Arye Abraham] I’m told that the Lakers contingent is irate that trade intricacies and specific names were leaked, yet again, by Pels front office. Lakers contingent believe this is being done by Pels to prop up AD’s trade value.

« Reply #3685 on: June 12, 2019, 07:17:23 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
As always, Lakers in the mix and with the advantage.  Of course they get the lottery bump.  Of course they get the AD assurance of a long-term commitment.  Of course they can go all out while other teams have to worry about a 1 year rental. 

I say, as always, that the dream job in all of sports is the Lakers GM position.  You can be a complete fool, help lead the team to disarray and failure -- and still they are in contention every year for top 10 players.  The C's, for only a brief shining moment, were looking to be closer to contention than LAL.  And it all reverses in a flash, as inevitably it always will.

Never give up.

LAL has always seemingly had an edge - whether it was with the Star power of Hollywood OR with actual talent

But BOS always found a way to prevail.

We have the edge head to head in finals 9-3.

We have the overall edge in Banners 17 - 16.

What Danny has crafted - "IS" crafting - is the final roadblock to keeping LeBron and LAL from catching up to us.

He will succeed.

Never give up.

« Reply #3686 on: June 12, 2019, 07:17:30 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
[Arye Abraham] I’m told that the Lakers contingent is irate that trade intricacies and specific names were leaked, yet again, by Pels front office. Lakers contingent believe this is being done by Pels to prop up AD’s trade value.

« Reply #3687 on: June 12, 2019, 07:18:02 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
I could see the NOP liking brown more than any given Lakers guy, but I can't see it being by a huge amount. If hes only a little more highly rated than at that point NOP just takes the Lakers offer which could feature a couple peoces nearly as good as Brown. In short, Tatum has to be in the deal. But I understand ainge not starting with him in it.

« Reply #3688 on: June 12, 2019, 07:18:57 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941

Revenge and Karma..the twin gifts that keep on giving. Give them hope and yank it from them again! 😁

« Reply #3689 on: June 12, 2019, 07:19:58 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929

They very well might. With the uncertainty of Ingram, I am not sure any other prospect has as high of a ceiling as Brown.

I guess the question for us fans is would you rather give up Brown/Mem pick or Tatum and keep the Mem pick?

Truthfully? Tatum alone. While Tatum has the higher ceiling, Brown is a much better fit with that group than Tatum, and keeping the Memphis pick is just icing on the cake.

The only thing that gives me pause about trading Tatum is his relationship with Kyrie. If Kyrie’s relationship with Tatum aids in bringing him back, that’s a hard decision.

Ultimately, though, I don’t think it matters. While I do think it’s very possible that NOLA values Brown just as much if not more than any prospect the Lakers have, they look to have their eyes on Tatum and are probably only trading him to Boston if Tatum is included.