Author Topic: Speculation: Jaylen Rose says Davis will be traded to lakers after the season  (Read 5045 times)

Re: Speculation: Jaylen Rose says Davis will be traded to lakers after the season
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2018, 09:36:19 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Yeah the Lakers are a wild card, and could be scary in the long-run once LeBron retires.

They'll eventually have one or some of Kawhi/Durant/Davis on their team. Heck maybe even James Harden will consider going back to his hometown Los Angeles once his contract is up. You can never beat Hollywood, Socal beaches, warm weather, and Disneyland here. And then you got the Rams/Chargers/Dodgers/Kings here to support.

Darn those Lakers.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Re: Speculation: Jaylen Rose says Davis will be traded to lakers after the season
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2018, 11:39:33 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
The Pels could get so much more from a team that isn’t the Lakers, lol. What could LA offer?

Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, Zubac

And this is a year from now. So depending on how those guys develop that could be a really, really good package.

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2018, 12:11:33 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
And it’s a good thing the Celtics offer is better.

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2018, 12:18:10 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Yeah the Lakers are a wild card, and could be scary in the long-run once LeBron retires.

They'll eventually have one or some of Kawhi/Durant/Davis on their team. Heck maybe even James Harden will consider going back to his hometown Los Angeles once his contract is up. You can never beat Hollywood, Socal beaches, warm weather, and Disneyland here. And then you got the Rams/Chargers/Dodgers/Kings here to support.

Darn those Lakers.

The Lakers have supposedly been destined to get every great free agent of the last 10 years and the only one they got was LeBron, who is a certified coward and is probably more worried about appeasing Nike than he is winning titles.

And IMO LA isn't nearly as nice as people say. It is overrun by sketchy people and the traffic is soul-crushingly depressing. And in the last few years it seems to be going downhill from what I saw when I was last there a couple months ago. It's certainly not the worst city, but I wouldn't want to live there.

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2018, 12:57:44 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I am a Celtic fan and I do not like the Lakers.... I live in LA, and LA like Boston is a great city.

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2018, 01:37:05 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
The Pels could get so much more from a team that isn’t the Lakers, lol. What could LA offer?

And this is a year from now. So depending on how those guys develop that could be a really, really good package.

If I'm the Lakers I offer Pels 5 very young, growing players. Three of which have superstar/all-star potentials, and two other that can eventually become role/depth players. And they were once mentored by LeBron James and company.

That is a very, excellent package and an offer the Pelicans cannot refuse.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2018, 01:59:53 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

If I'm the Lakers I offer Pels 5 very young, growing players. Three of which have superstar/all-star potentials, and two other that can eventually become role/depth players. And they were once mentored by LeBron James and company.

That is a very, excellent package and an offer the Pelicans cannot refuse.
Um, three? Kuzma most certainly does not have such lofty potential lol. And with Jrue Holiday in career best form, what sense does it make to bring in two guys (Ball and Ingram) who need the ball in their hands to be successful (or as successful as Ball has been, which is to say not very much so)?

There are still numerous packages out there that outbid this.
Phoenix can throw Booker, Warren, Chandler and either their 1st or that Milwaukee 1st. Booker is the better than any prospect (or player not named LeBron James) on the Lakers roster, and would complement Jrue and Randle very well.
That's just off the top of my head. The Lakers can be easily outbid.

Also, you mention being mentored by LeBron as a good thing. Why? What young player has he helped the development of, either from a skills standpoint or from a maturity standpoint?

The Pels most definitely can refuse that. You don't ship out a top 3 player in the league for a pu pu platter of prospects when he a) isn't expiring and b) hasn't requested a trade
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2018, 02:03:22 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I don't like this exercise:
Mikan, Wilt, KAJ, Shaq, _____
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2018, 02:09:48 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Don't you forget Dwight! Nor Karl Malone!

See? It doesn't always end in the league being terrorised :P

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2018, 02:13:11 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Dwight was not in the same league as those guys though, and Malone was cooked by the time he got to LA.

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2018, 02:48:36 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff

Dwight was not in the same league as those guys though, and Malone was cooked by the time he got to LA.
IMO Vlade and particulary Pau are closer to that list.

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2018, 02:50:04 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Sure, but relative to the NBA bigs of that time (old TD, Lopez, Gasol, Bosh, Hibbert, Aldridge) he was considerably ahead. And Malone had just put up 20/8 over 81 games. Hardly cooked, just his lofty standards might have made it seem that way.

Even Wilt joining them after averaging 24/24/8.6 led to only 1 ring.

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2018, 05:47:06 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Jaylen Jalen Rose has a long track of bogus predictions. Nothing he says in the OP makes more inclined to take him seriously.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 08:51:42 AM by greece666 »

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2018, 06:00:10 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
Jaylen Rose has a long track of bogus predictions. Nothing he says in the OP makes more inclined to take him seriously.
You mean like KD in Houston and MJ to play one game during the 2013-14 season?

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2018, 06:48:11 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

As great as LeBron is he will be 35 next year.  So you would have a 35 Lebron, Davis, and what else can they afford?  It seems like they would have a bunch of minimum paid guys on their team as I don’t know what cap space they would have left.