Author Topic: Speculation: Jaylen Rose says Davis will be traded to lakers after the season  (Read 5043 times)

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
https://clutchpoints.com/lakers-news-jalen-rose-predicts-anthony-davis-will-be-traded-to-lakers-after-this-season/

“I am predicting that Anthony Davis ends up in Los Angeles with LeBron James (next season) and they will be another dynamic duo trying to put together a squad to take down, potentially, the Golden State Warriors,” said Jalen Rose on the JalenandJacoby show.

Anthony Davis has two years and $52 million left on his contract with the Pelicans, plus a $29 million player option for the 2020-21 season. He’s eligible for a supermax contract worth over $230 million beginning in 2020.

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
With the makeup of the Lakers team I don’t see how the Lakers have the salaries to match up in a trade unless I’m missing something. 

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
The Pels could get so much more from a team that isn’t the Lakers, lol. What could LA offer?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
They’ll be looking at the east first before turning to the Lakers to be honest.

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
The Pels could get so much more from a team that isn’t the Lakers, lol. What could LA offer?

I agree. There are at least 5 teams with more lucritive assets to tempt the Pels into trading Davis.

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
Wait, I thought Kawhi and Durant are already heading to the Lakers next year. They're going to have one heck of a payroll lol.

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Wait, I thought Kawhi and Durant are already heading to the Lakers next year. They're going to have one heck of a payroll lol.
4 max contracts and 11 volunteers ;)
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I hope the Pels ask for the farm.

Take the pets, too...puppies, kittens, EVERYTHING.

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
Is it possible that we could get through a week here without a top NBA player speculated to be heading to the Lakers? 

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Wouldn't surprise me in the least. Lebron knows that another major superstar must be joining them in the near future. My prediction is that Kwahi signs as a FA and then they trade a package headlined by Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, and other pieces for Davis.

Re: Speculation: Jaylen Rose says Davis will be traded to lakers after the season
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2018, 08:24:25 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
Let em ALL go to the Lakers.

BOS is known throughout history as Giant Killers.

Would not be surprised AT ALL with a concerted last-ditch effort to push Lakers to 17 banners or more.

This is probably the Lakers BEST (and LAST) shot - over the next four years or so - to catch BOS.

Won't work.

Re: Speculation: Jaylen Rose says Davis will be traded to lakers after the season
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2018, 08:47:12 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
You know, I don’t think much of Rose as an analyst and I usually ignore what he says.  But it’s worth noting that he called the Kawhi situation right before nearly everybody else.  So it’s worth at least acknowledging his prediction on this one.

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2018, 08:47:52 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
I can see the media having a FIELD DAY with BOS-LA:

"Rajon Rondo sticks it to former team as Lakers clinch 17th Banner".

"Lakers tie BOS for most championships won -  with LeBron beating Kyrie AND Rondo defeating his former team".

"Magic beats BOS - except this time with no back-breaking Hookshots".....

PLEASE, Kyrie, GH and Co - BEAT LA - no matter what you do. Do NOT let this man have any media time

BEAT THEM DOWN.

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2018, 09:30:14 PM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51
With the makeup of the Lakers team I don’t see how the Lakers have the salaries to match up in a trade unless I’m missing something.

The Lakers are currently slated to have max cap space next summer. They could make almost any version of a Davis trade work so long as it was acceptable to New Orleans.

If the Lakers put their young guys on the table the package could actually be pretty reasonable for a guy headed into his contract year and intent on forcing his way out of town.

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2018, 09:33:30 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996

Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, Zubac

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)