Author Topic: 0-150  (Read 3401 times)

Re: 0-150
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2023, 03:43:58 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
1-150

Mind says we'll lose. Heart says we'll win it for Russ. This season is dedicated to him. It's only fitting that the C's win it all.

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2023, 07:21:56 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 488
It's not going to happen.

If it ever does, these are the circumstances where it would. Ultra talented team underperforming vs 8th seed playing above their heads vs the habits they have shown all season. Regression eventually happens, or its one of the greatest runs in NBA history. The regression probably just happens when they get smacked by the Nuggets.
#JKJB

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2023, 09:11:19 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
13 teams have come back from a 3-1 deficit. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2023, 09:16:41 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2959
  • On To Banner 18!
Does anyone know of all the 3-0 teams, how many went on to win in 4, 5, 6 or 7 games? No one came back to win the series I know but i’m curious how many forced a Game 6 or 7. can’t imagine there’s many

Found the answer:

92 finished with a sweep, 44 won in 5, 11 won in 6, and 3 won in 7.

So only 14 times out of 150 did a series go beyond 5 games after a team went up 3-0 in the series

Something else to consider though is usually the team that has HCA is up 3-0, and Game 4 for them is on the road. This is different since MIA doesn't have HCA, and they had Game 4 at home. Game 5 now is on the road for them.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2023, 10:43:27 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

If it ever does, these are the circumstances where it would. Ultra talented team underperforming vs 8th seed playing above their heads vs the habits they have shown all season. Regression eventually happens, or its one of the greatest runs in NBA history. The regression probably just happens when they get smacked by the Nuggets.
if if if the celtics take the series with miami, i guarantee you they will clobber the nuggets. but first, the celtics have to take this series, which means they have to win the next game. so first things first.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2023, 10:54:25 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002

if if if the celtics take the series with miami, i guarantee you they will clobber the nuggets. but first, the celtics have to take this series, which means they have to win the next game. so first things first.

They ain't clobbering the Nuggets, they have too much firepower on offense.

Celtics is a Jekyll and Hyde team regardless. Don't know which team shows up at any given day.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2023, 11:08:01 AM »

Offline bricone29

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
1-150

Mind says we'll lose. Heart says we'll win it for Russ. This season is dedicated to him. It's only fitting that the C's win it all.

Russ who?

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2023, 11:08:46 AM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
13 teams have come back from a 3-1 deficit.
Yes. Team has to think like that, not like they are down 0-3.

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2023, 11:11:04 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
1-150

Russ who?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2023, 11:35:15 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
1-150

Russ who?

Lebron or Dr. J?

Haha.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2023, 11:40:07 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

Celtics is a Jekyll and Hyde team regardless. Don't know which team shows up at any given day.
nice try to convince me to stop living in denial. but it did not work. i remain confident that the celtics will clobber, smash, and stop the evil nuggets. i have not doubt whatsoever.

in fact, i would not be surprised if after the first two games the nuggest simply say "we give up, we can't beat the celtics" and the celtics win the series in 2 games.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 11:52:25 AM by hwangjini_1 »
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2023, 11:40:51 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
On the bright side, my supervisor said he'll donate some of his PTO hours to me if the Celtics managed to make it to the finals. Despite the current situation and what will likely unfold, kept pulling my homerism on him to boast hehe.

He's a Lakers fan  ;D

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2023, 11:58:36 AM »

Online angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 595

To comeback from this hole, it would mean the team hit it's stride, found it's defense and is firing on all cylinders. That celtics team absolutely could clobber the Nugs.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2023, 12:53:05 PM »

Offline #1P4P

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 140
Game 3 in this series felt like Game 3 of the 04 ALCS; the Yankees trounced the Red Sox just like the Heat did Celtics.

I suspected that the longer the series went, the better it would be for us because of our youth and depth. They started to wear down last night, Vincent turned an ankle, Butler and Bam with uncharacteristic turnovers, etc.

We played a great game last night that is perfectly replicable. Let Jimmy iso with no help (make him work without fouling), shutdown Bam before the catch, and pressure the shooters is the recipe on defense; combined with our offense, increased fast breaks, and Tatum post-ups and midrange shots when a bucket was necessary as the recipe on defense. That is the recipe for 1-150.

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2023, 12:56:26 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Game 3 in this series felt like Game 3 of the 04 ALCS; the Yankees trounced the Red Sox just like the Heat did Celtics.

I suspected that the longer the series went, the better it would be for us because of our youth and depth. They started to wear down last night, Vincent turned an ankle, Butler and Bam with uncharacteristic turnovers, etc.

We played a great game last night that is perfectly replicable. Let Jimmy iso with no help (make him work without fouling), shutdown Bam before the catch, and pressure the shooters is the recipe on defense; combined with our offense, increased fast breaks, and Tatum post-ups and midrange shots when a bucket was necessary as the recipe on defense. That is the recipe for 1-150.

Games 4 and 5 of that series were some of the most stressful sports watching ever.  Incerdible tension.  Once they won Game 5, the Yankees crumbled.

Hopefully we see that here (but without all the stress!)
Yup