Author Topic: Duncan Spurs Vs Curry Warriors  (Read 1476 times)

Re: Duncan Spurs Vs Curry Warriors
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2023, 06:16:14 AM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
Those spurs teams were filthy.

Spurs.

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2023, 06:19:13 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
One of the bigger recent what ifs, is what if the Thunder don't choke away a 3-1 lead against the 72 win Warriors?  Does Durant best Lebron that time or do the Cavs still win that title?  Either way, the Thunder in the finals makes Durant leaving the Thunder way less likely and I wonder if he would have picked the Warriors if he still left in that scenario.  I absolutely believe Durant left because they choked that series away and he felt like he'd never win there.  Does that change if they close that one out and get back to the Finals?

He wanted to get away from Westbrook. And LeBron's Cavs would've bested OKC Durant that year. They were too much depth and experienced.

I can't believe we almost landed Durant in that summer. We acquired Horford, and we even had stars of other major sports pitching in like Brady, etc.
He reportedly wanted to win and didn't think he could have with Westbrook.  Had they made the Finals and not blown a 3-1 lead, I'm not so sure he would have felt that way still.  I always assumed that blowing the 3-1 lead is what caused Durant to leave (and he was a big part of blowing that lead).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2023, 06:44:25 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
If Kawhi doesn't go down because of that POS Zaza, I wonder how this conversation changes. I fully think SA win that series with Kawhi healthy. One less ring for Golden State, but a potential ring for post-Duncan Spurs
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)