Author Topic: If Nerlens Noel opts out, any interest in bringing him in?  (Read 6674 times)

Re: If Nerlens Noel opts out, any interest in bringing him in?
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2019, 10:13:35 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Listening to Maxwell when being asked about him, he didn’t think he was a good idea. Said he has a difficult personality and that him coming home wasn’t a good idea due to the external forces/people around him here. 

« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2019, 10:15:34 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
What are people thinking he’ll cost? Can we get him for the room exception of $4.8M? I’m afraid we’re not going to be able to get the likes of a DJ, Dedmon, or Davis type with that little money.

with the crowded center market does he really have a chance at bigger money like 8-10 million a year?
he seems to be lost in the shuffle a bit right now, and that was my hope that if we lose out on Kemba, we kept smart and went after NN that he would be part of a group of low cost bigs that we bring in under smaller contracts.

I guess it depends on how good DA / Brad thinks a 'Kemba / Brown / Tatum / Hayward / Capela - Insert other 15 mill + big' lineup would be.  Is that a team that competes to win the east?  I am just not sure.

« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2019, 10:16:47 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
Listening to Maxwell when being asked about him, he didn’t think he was a good idea. Said he has a difficult personality and that him coming home wasn’t a good idea due to the external forces/people around him here.

I haven't heard difficult personality before about him.  hindsight he should have taken that Dallas offer.  Easy to say that later after the fact though.