Author Topic: Hayward Broken Hand  (Read 37532 times)

Re: Hayward Broken Hand
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2019, 04:48:49 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Gutted for G but he'll be back. Without knowing the nature of the fracture it's hard to tell how long he will miss. It's usually anywhere from 3 to 6 weeks. It typically only requires surgery if the broken pieces of bone need to be realigned with metal plates, which I think was the nature of Baynes' injury. In that case it might take a little longer. Again all depends on what was fractured. In Curry's case the injury was to one of his metacarpals and so required surgery with a return of 8 - 12 weeks.

Let's hope it's just a hairline fracture and nothing's out of place. I missed the game so didn't see how he got injured but I'm hoping it's just that and he will just need to immobilize it and miss a few weeks.

EDIT: Apparently this isn't the first time Gordon has suffered a fracture to his left hand - it happened in the preseason of 2016-17, which was his All-Star season. He suffered a fracture in preseason and missed about a month (6 games of the season). Let's hope it's similar this time.

https://www.nba.com/jazz/news/gordon-hayward-injury-update-0
how could it be a hairline feature? I was under the impression that hairline features form gradually, not suddenly from impact

« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2019, 05:51:56 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
It didn’t look bad, probably a clean break of the ulnar bone, 4-6 weeks before suiting up again is my best guess.
On a bright note, his position is most painlessly coverd in or roster
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2019, 06:40:48 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
This sucks for him. He was getting into such a good rhythm too! I hope he comes back healthy real soon
- LilRip

« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2019, 07:00:13 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
My biggest concern, aside from missing a very good player, is the time it will take to reintegrate Hayward into the team.

Man, this sucks.
At least it's a matter of reintegration into a team with good chemistry!

Yes it different this team because he has played with these guys for a year now unlike then when he just had a few preseason games.

Anyway it seem Stevens said they will see if surgery is needed but if it does it kight shorten the timeline. It will certainly give us a few more losses we shouldnt have, and it certainly impacts hayward's all-star appearance, but at least its not as bad as last time.

The all-star appearance is the last thing on my list of achievements if I was Hayward. A pointless game where everyone just plays all offense. Win NBA Finals is more important.

This is because you are not an nba player. It is important for these guys.

« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2019, 07:10:24 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Gutted for G but he'll be back. Without knowing the nature of the fracture it's hard to tell how long he will miss. It's usually anywhere from 3 to 6 weeks. It typically only requires surgery if the broken pieces of bone need to be realigned with metal plates, which I think was the nature of Baynes' injury. In that case it might take a little longer. Again all depends on what was fractured. In Curry's case the injury was to one of his metacarpals and so required surgery with a return of 8 - 12 weeks.

Let's hope it's just a hairline fracture and nothing's out of place. I missed the game so didn't see how he got injured but I'm hoping it's just that and he will just need to immobilize it and miss a few weeks.

EDIT: Apparently this isn't the first time Gordon has suffered a fracture to his left hand - it happened in the preseason of 2016-17, which was his All-Star season. He suffered a fracture in preseason and missed about a month (6 games of the season). Let's hope it's similar this time.

how could it be a hairline feature? I was under the impression that hairline features form gradually, not suddenly from impact

Defining a hairline fracture as something that happens from repetitive overuse, it's unlikely to be that. He definitely broke something due to impact. I was using the word hairline more as a synonym to minor.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2019, 07:38:14 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Longtime Hayward fan here.  The silver lining to this mess is that it opens up minutes for Jaylen Brown.  Remember that a Jaylen Brown/Jason Tatum led team made game 7 of the eastern conference finals with Terry Rozier at point guard two seasons ago. 

« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2019, 07:45:00 AM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Longtime Hayward fan here.  The silver lining to this mess is that it opens up minutes for Jaylen Brown.  Remember that a Jaylen Brown/Jason Tatum led team made game 7 of the eastern conference finals with Terry Rozier at point guard two seasons ago.
True but I don't think Jaylen's minutes will increase much.  I expect some bench guys to get more minutes:  Semi, Wanamaker, Edwards (in a small lineup), Grant Williams maybe Javonte Green.  Brad pretty much said this in the post-game interview.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 07:58:51 AM by Surferdad »

« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2019, 07:55:35 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I had a hairline fracture from sudden impact.  Was sprinting for the Green Line on Comm Ave and bit it.  Voila, hairline fracture in my ankle.  The pain and treatment were indecipherable from when I sprained that same ankle playing basketball.

« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2019, 08:10:14 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
PT wife says Boston is the place to be for his injury , great Docs .In slow motion feom one angle its a wonder he didn't dislocate a finger or two. 

He can still work out much of this body , practice one handed  ,  do cardio, he ll be fine .

« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2019, 08:16:20 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

There are not many minutes to be opened up for Brown in particular than what he already is playing. Other than the game vs Philly (which I think he was in foul trouble) and the blowout against the Knicks, he's been playing over 30 minutes a game.

« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2019, 08:29:04 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

There are not many minutes to be opened up for Brown in particular than what he already is playing. Other than the game vs Philly (which I think he was in foul trouble) and the blowout against the Knicks, he's been playing over 30 minutes a game.

I imagine the minutes distribution while Hayward is out will look similar to the minutes distribution while Brown was out, just with Brown and Hayward switched, with maybe a few extra minutes going to bigs if Kanter ever gets back.

« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2019, 08:45:33 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 365

I imagine the minutes distribution while Hayward is out will look similar to the minutes distribution while Brown was out, just with Brown and Hayward switched, with maybe a few extra minutes going to bigs if Kanter ever gets back.

pretty much this. Brown will be playing 34 minutes a game until hayward gets back.

« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2019, 08:59:34 AM »

Offline CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74

I had a hairline fracture from sudden impact.  Was sprinting for the Green Line on Comm Ave and bit it.  Voila, hairline fracture in my ankle.  The pain and treatment were indecipherable from when I sprained that same ankle playing basketball.
Indeciphrable as in less painful??

« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2019, 09:04:59 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

Indeciphrable as in less painful??

Probably used a word I didn’t have a full grasp on just now.  Not measurably different, although I was off crutches and ankle support more quickly with the fracture.

« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2019, 09:46:51 AM »

Online mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 622
So.... who starts in his place? Smart or more of a traditional power forward, G Will?