Author Topic: Bathroom Question  (Read 16424 times)

Re: Bathroom Question
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2009, 03:08:13 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
Hey everybody I got a question here.  I get very nervous whenever I go to the bathroom while im wearing khakis at work.  Not because of any stall or urinal issues, my beef is with the sink.  It seems no matter how I approach it, some water splashes out of the sink and onto my khakis.  Meanwhile the sink and I are at perfect heights so that it lands right on or adjacent to my fly.  Ive tried going at the sink from the side and no luck. 

Any thoughts?

and how old are u??  are you really asking people how to wash your hands and not get water on urself? 

this is pure comedy to me that it is a legit concern requiring input from others!

« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2009, 03:09:27 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
DL im 22 dude its tough!! and as you can see from Wdleehi's post im not the only having trouble with this situation.  This is no laughing matter!!
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2009, 03:09:37 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I might recommend constructing some sort of barrier right at the edge of the sink counter between your fly and the sink. For example, if there is a box of tissues next to the sink, slide it in front to act as the barrier.

You could also bring something with you, say, a clipboard - you could place the clipboard up against the edge of the counter and lean up against it with your thighs and your crotch. That would definitely block all the spray - much better than some measly paper towel. Plus, it wouldn't be that weird if someone else saw you in the bathroom - you walk in with a clipboard and hold it under your arm while peeing and then when you go to wash, people will understand your hesitation to place the clipboard on the germ-infested counter top when you pin the clipboard up against the edge of the counter with your body.

something like this?

Yup

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2009, 03:12:56 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
DL im 22 dude its tough!! and as you can see from Wdleehi's post im not the only having trouble with this situation.  This is no laughing matter!!

how did u get a job, if you cant even figure out a solution....so much so that u create a thread on a blog for help.

this is truly sad that i have to give advise.  here are some solutions:

1. stand as far back as you can from sink
2. dont wash your hands....instead use hand sanitizer
3. stand to the side of the sink if possible
4.  angle your hands, so when the water hits, it repels away from you.

seriously, this isnt rocket science here.

« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2009, 03:15:12 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

how did u get a job, if you cant even figure out a solution....so much so that u create a thread on a blog for help.

Ok well I really didnt think that you would take it so seriously as to question how I am employed.  I thought it was a funny problem that might lighten other peoples days. 

Im sorry to all those out there that question how people like me stay employed while the country has record numbers of unemployment.  This thread was an attempt to make peoples days a little less serious
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2009, 03:18:29 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson

Ok well I really didnt think that you would take it so seriously as to question how I am employed.  I thought it was a funny problem that might lighten other peoples days. 

Im sorry to all those out there that question how people like me stay employed while the country has record numbers of unemployment.  This thread was an attempt to make peoples days a little less serious

i could really care less, but u put urself out there for criticism and for people to assume ur incompetent (not saying u are, but u allow people to assume u are based on this thread).

i guess i just feel bad that u cant wash your hands and require help from others with this daunting task ;)

« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2009, 03:20:42 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

i could really care less, but u put urself out there for criticism and for people to assume ur incompetent (not saying u are, but u allow people to assume u are based on this thread).

i guess i just feel bad that u cant wash your hands and require help from others with this daunting task ;)

Ok well obviously you didnt like my seinfeldian thread, but its cool. 

« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2009, 03:24:13 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson

Ok well obviously you didnt like my seinfeldian thread, but its cool. 

« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2009, 03:26:41 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
I might recommend constructing some sort of barrier right at the edge of the sink counter between your fly and the sink. For example, if there is a box of tissues next to the sink, slide it in front to act as the barrier.

You could also bring something with you, say, a clipboard - you could place the clipboard up against the edge of the counter and lean up against it with your thighs and your crotch. That would definitely block all the spray - much better than some measly paper towel. Plus, it wouldn't be that weird if someone else saw you in the bathroom - you walk in with a clipboard and hold it under your arm while peeing and then when you go to wash, people will understand your hesitation to place the clipboard on the germ-infested counter top when you pin the clipboard up against the edge of the counter with your body.

See if I thought about the clipboard thing, but in my version I wouldn't use it to block the water (too much work trying to construct a barrier every time) I would use it to shield the splash marks on my walk back.

Also why don't you go to the sink with your chest forward but waist back?  Something like this:

Couldn't that help avoid the splash?

You know I'm really having trouble getting a visual here.  How strong of a splash are you getting?  How much of a mark does it really leave?  How far of a walk is it back to your work area?  Why don't you take a video of your routine and upload it to YouTube so I can really dig into this thing  :P  Seriously though, how bad is the splash and how much of a walk do you have, and do you pass alot of people on the way back.   Maybe just not worry about it.  Things look different when you're focusing on them in the bathroom light than when you're walking down the hall.  If you look confident walking out of the bathroom and keep moving, nobody will probably even notice.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2009, 03:29:01 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
In terms of splash I would say you can see about 7-10 small water marks.  Its about a 45 second walk back to my office including walking through a lobby.  Again, on days where I wear dark pants its not an issue.  The real issue is people can see that you walk out of the bathroom and if they put it together it can give off the wrong impression.   :P

« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2009, 03:34:59 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Line the sink with large sponges?

Use the ladies room?

Speak to the maintenance person?
Yup

« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2009, 03:51:26 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

Use the ladies room?

Wash your hands in the toilet after it flushes!

;)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2009, 03:52:43 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Use the ladies room?

;)

Or just lick your fingers clean?

« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2009, 03:53:02 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

Use the ladies room?

;)

Cats are pretty clean.  Use their method. 

Yup

« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2009, 04:04:56 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
If you're going number one and can afford to not urinate on your hands, just use hand sanitizer. Oh my god why did I comment in this thread twice? What are my employers thinking employing me to sit on here all day?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner