Author Topic: Celtics (8-5) at 76ers (10-5) Game #14 1/22/21  (Read 32361 times)

Re: Celtics (8-5) at 76ers (10-5) Game #14 1/22/21
« Reply #135 on: January 22, 2021, 08:42:15 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Lol Jaylen can’t buy a call but breath on Embiid it’s unreal

« Reply #136 on: January 22, 2021, 08:42:41 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
Can we stop whining about the refs? Anytime a guy goes for the pump fake and lands on a guy while he's in the shooting motion, it's gonna be called. Guys have to show a smidgeon of BBIQ.
Um... How about no?

That's why we're the most obnoxious fanbase. If that happened on the other end and it wasn't called, this board would be in full on meltdown mode.

Call a spade a spade. Robert fouled him there. Move on.

He fouled him after a blatant travel though... which is the point.

« Reply #137 on: January 22, 2021, 08:42:43 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Can we stop whining about the refs? Anytime a guy goes for the pump fake and lands on a guy while he's in the shooting motion, it's gonna be called. Guys have to show a smidgeon of BBIQ.

Agreed, that one was a foul. (If we're thinking about the same one.)

But what about the other 6 ticky tack fouls and uncalled travels they've given Embiid tonight? Weird to single out the one that was pretty clearly a foul but not the other ones that were questionable at best.

I will say tonight though they're not nearly as bad as last game, which we can thank Smart in part for. Just even putting that disparity out into the media makes the refs think twice about calling many of those ticky tack crap calls.

« Reply #138 on: January 22, 2021, 08:42:48 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
Brown got fouled a half dozen times on that last play.

« Reply #139 on: January 22, 2021, 08:42:55 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
can tell Jaylen wants this game.  hoping everyone else shows up with that desire in the second half

« Reply #140 on: January 22, 2021, 08:43:00 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Well...at least it wasn’t a Tatum dribble the clock down to 2 sec then shoot a step back three possession  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #141 on: January 22, 2021, 08:44:01 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Um... How about no?

That's why we're the most obnoxious fanbase. If that happened on the other end and it wasn't called, this board would be in full on meltdown mode.

I'll call a spade a spade. Embiid traveled, end of story. With all due respect, I could not care less about who thinks we're obnoxious. I'm not that insecure.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #142 on: January 22, 2021, 08:44:21 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
i am amazed. how could the celtics play such a crappy quarter of basketball, i do mean crappy, and still be in the lead??

i'll take it.

and i usually do not talk about the refs, but they are performing as poorly as the players tonight.  :P
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #143 on: January 22, 2021, 08:44:35 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
can tell Jaylen wants this game.  hoping everyone else shows up with that desire in the second half

Jaylen is playing like a top five player in the league so far this season but can't get a call to save his life. 0 free throws for Jaylen. 3 for the Celtics as a team.

« Reply #144 on: January 22, 2021, 08:46:17 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Um... How about no?

TP !! Complaining about referees is a Celtics fan favorite pastime .. there are other fanbases doing the same but ours tops all fanbases

« Reply #145 on: January 22, 2021, 08:47:21 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Not feeling great going into the second half. If they Los by less than 5 I'd be okay. This team needs Tatum back.

« Reply #146 on: January 22, 2021, 08:48:00 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
Um... How about no?

TP !! Complaining about referees is a Celtics fan favorite pastime .. there are other fanbases doing the same but ours tops all fanbases
true true. and unlike other fan bases, we are proud of it.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #147 on: January 22, 2021, 08:48:44 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Overall decent half. We played pretty good defense, despite the other team hitting some tough shots and getting to the free throw line. Glad to see Kemba playing good basketball too.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #148 on: January 22, 2021, 08:48:51 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
Not feeling great going into the second half. If they Los by less than 5 I'd be okay. This team needs Tatum back.
with tatum back they beat the sixers in a seven game series in 6, maybe 5, games.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #149 on: January 22, 2021, 08:49:44 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Agreed, that one was a foul. (If we're thinking about the same one.)

But what about the other 6 ticky tack fouls and uncalled travels they've given Embiid tonight? Weird to single out the one that was pretty clearly a foul but not the other ones that were questionable at best.

I will say tonight though they're not nearly as bad as last game, which we can thank Smart in part for. Just even putting that disparity out into the media makes the refs think twice about calling many of those ticky tack crap calls.

Here's the thing: ticky tack is code for a textbook foul that's not always called, right? So maybe don't put yourself in that situation as a defender.

And I don't think Smart has anything to do with it. Crazy concept, but we're just actually not fouling him as much (which is helped by the fact that's he's been on the bench with his own foul trouble). The gameplan against Embiid has been better which is ATTACK HIM ON THE OTHER END.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman