Author Topic: NBA Lottery: Tues 8:30 PM EST on ESPN  (Read 28440 times)

Re: NBA Lottery: Tues 8:30 PM EST on ESPN
« Reply #255 on: May 14, 2019, 09:32:03 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 995
Boston has to get a commitment for Kyrie before the draft if they want to get Davis.

If that happens...offer Tatum, five number ones (3 this year, Memphis and Boston next year), Williams and whoever else.

This is the big issue to me...the timing. They have to somehow get some idea from Kyrie before the draft and who knows if Kyrie is willing to give it at that time. Though if they don't get a commitment by then it's safe to treat it as a no I would imagine.

Be straight up with Kyrie and give him a deadline of when to make a decision by (maybe the week before draft night). If he isn't interested in coming back, then goodbye Irving and goodbye to Davis and move forward with the youth.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #256 on: May 14, 2019, 09:33:57 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I'm okay with the results. I mean, LAL and NYK ending up in the top 4 is a bummer, but there is a pretty big drop-off after tier 1 (Zion) and tier 2 (Morant) - kind-of like 2016 with Simmons/Ingram.

As for AD, I see this as advantageous to our chances. Why in the world would AD want to stay to play with a rookie? The Knicks and Lakers can assemble compelling packages, but BOS should still be able to beat them with the trusty Tatum, Smart, Yabu, 3 1sts one we've been talking about for months. Perhaps we can even keep MEM.

« Reply #257 on: May 14, 2019, 09:35:04 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 995
Looks like the Lakers have regained control of the trading war with Boston again.

#4 pick seems to be a better pick than what Tatum has showcased. Throw that in with Kuzma, Hart, and Ball and it's a battle.

Boston will need to give up both Tatum and Brown, on top of their stash of picks and maybe Smart for Davis to work as a rental. But we know where Davis' heart lies in- Hollywood, beaches, celebrities, warm-weather, and LeBron James. Plus he has a mansion there.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #258 on: May 14, 2019, 09:37:24 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!
Looks like the Lakers have regained control of the trading war with Boston again.

#4 pick seems to be a better pick than what Tatum has showcased. Throw that in with Kuzma, Hart, and Ball and it's a battle.

Boston will need to give up both Tatum and Brown, on top of their stash of picks and maybe Smart for Davis to work as a rental. But we know where Davis' heart lies in- Hollywood, beaches, celebrities, warm-weather, and LeBron James. Plus he has a mansion there.

I think it's fair to say you aren't much of a optimist  ;D

« Reply #259 on: May 14, 2019, 09:38:10 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3174

I think Tatum by himself has more value than #4, Kuzma, Hart and Ball....

« Reply #260 on: May 14, 2019, 09:38:27 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 652
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Boston has to get a commitment for Kyrie before the draft if they want to get Davis.

If that happens...offer Tatum, five number ones (3 this year, Memphis and Boston next year), Williams and whoever else.

This is the big issue to me...the timing. They have to somehow get some idea from Kyrie before the draft and who knows if Kyrie is willing to give it at that time. Though if they don't get a commitment by then it's safe to treat it as a no I would imagine.

Be straight up with Kyrie and give him a deadline of when to make a decision by (maybe the week before draft night). If he isn't interested in coming back, then goodbye Irving and goodbye to Davis and move forward with the youth.

I agree with this. Because Danny would need to start shopping those 3 picks for a vet. I do not see Danny making the picks...maybe one of them but not all three. If he does...boy this team will be super young

« Reply #261 on: May 14, 2019, 09:41:18 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Mark Murphy

Verified account

@Murf56
 18s19 seconds ago
More
One tidbit from Celtics assistant GM Mike Zarren - the 14th pick came within one ping pong ball of landing at No. 4.

0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

« Reply #262 on: May 14, 2019, 09:42:08 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Geez what a  fujin fix

« Reply #263 on: May 14, 2019, 09:44:25 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
So now ....in my estimation .....Kawhi and Raptors ...how far they go holds the key to everything and will the NO do business with Pelinka and Lakers ...west coast foes

« Reply #264 on: May 14, 2019, 09:44:40 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144

5 number ones?

Thank gid you are not the gm

« Reply #265 on: May 14, 2019, 09:44:50 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Mark Murphy

Verified account

@Murf56
 18s19 seconds ago
More
One tidbit from Celtics assistant GM Mike Zarren - the 14th pick came within one ping pong ball of landing at No. 4.

0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes
Dang

« Reply #266 on: May 14, 2019, 09:45:48 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

5 number ones?

And none of those numbers ones being high in the draft...it is going to take that.

« Reply #267 on: May 14, 2019, 09:46:53 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

5 number ones?

3 number ones this year and Memphis pick. Plus Tatum and Smart.

« Reply #268 on: May 14, 2019, 09:47:45 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

5 number ones?

If you had your way, you would attempt to S&T everyone on the team, and fail miserably at it.

Touche.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #269 on: May 14, 2019, 09:47:58 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
When stuff like this draft happens it really makes u question the legitimacy of it all.

I mean how many times in the last decade has a team losing a star player land the number 1 pick.

How many time has a team featuring lebron gotten a good pick?