Author Topic: Sixers (5-8) at Celtics (10-4) 11/25  (Read 63224 times)

Re: Sixers (5-8) at Celtics (10-4) 11/25
« Reply #375 on: November 26, 2009, 12:43:26 AM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
J Williams with 2 missed free throws is what probably cost them the game. Thats pretty bad. But the rest of his game was pretty unbelievable. I wish we had a back up point guard like that.....or just a back up point guard in general. Orlando has lucked out with that the past couple years. Maybe they are better with Alston or Williams rather than Jameer

And Miami's offensive rebounding. I just watched the 4th quarter and I can't believe how many second chances they got during their run even when Howard was on the floor. Really illustrates the importance of boxing out and keeping opponents off the glass.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #376 on: November 26, 2009, 01:18:38 AM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Well if the C's are as horrible as everyone on this board makes them out to be, then I don't know what that says about the rest of the conference. Because we're going to be tied for first in this thing by the weekend.

We're only one game off from the best record in the league. Considering we're apparently the worst team in NBA history, I'd say we're OK..

« Reply #377 on: November 26, 2009, 06:48:53 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Another surprising close game against a mediocre team... Well, once again, Rondo is to blame the most for me. He basically did nothing before the 4th quarter : I've seen him disinterested defensively before but never THAT MUCH. He didn't even stay once against Holiday, and didn't try once neither to get through picks to cover him. I know Holiday isn't a good shooter but stil... awful effort. On offense he did just penetrate to make a pass, it worked a few times but then the Sixers knew he was never going to make anything else than a pass so they trapped him successfully.

He woke up in the 4th and made a run, and fortunately we sustained the Philly comeback but... Paul Pierce is carrying this team on his shoulders, and he is really amazing, but this is not what we want to see. We want to see Paul and the rest of the starters resting on the bench during the entire 4th quarter while the 2nd and 3rd unit are finishing the job. Paul won't last long if he has to play this many minutes with so much effort every night.

Other than that, good game by KG, very aggressive in the paint. Sheed was less awful than usual, House was OK, Ray was good (except for the missed layup at the end, wow... :o), Perk was great in the first half but I wish he played more in the 2nd.

Good job of fouling the Sixers at the end instead of giving them the opportunity to shoot 3's since they were 13 of 20 (seriously?!). You've got to take advantage of having Ray and House on your team to ice games.

But this team has to step up if it wants to win against the Raptors friday because they have shooters at every position...