Author Topic: Does NO trade AD now?  (Read 4220 times)

Re: Does NO trade AD now?
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2019, 09:31:40 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
(a) I don't think so

and

(b) Even if they do, the Lakers now have a much stronger offer, perhaps stronger than the Celts
-how much better is #4 pick than #10 in this draft?
-our memphis pick rolls over another year. Memphis isn't going to contend anytime soon
-Ball said he wont play for new Orleans
- Ingram has a disease

What's the trade package better than Tatum+ smart + 5 first round picks   and if you want to get serious you can add brown to that package

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2019, 09:32:57 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
If they do, they have a chance to position themselves in the same way the Golden State Warriors did...

meaning, they could trade Zion for the best offer (#4 pick, Ingram, Kuzma, Ball) and position themselves to have cap space to add another couple stars since everyone is on rookie deals.
Except that definitely isn't the best trade offer out there, and they already turned them down before. I don't see a reason for them to accept it now.

Agreed. The new offer includes the #4 pick, which the old one didn't, but this draft may be only 2 or 3 deep.

The lottery did, though, make it more expensive for the Celtics.

Mike
so many people are writing this but i do not see how. please explain.

to me, AD still wants to leave since the relationship with the management is poor and williamson is NOT  going to make NO a contender. he is a rookie and will have growing pains and have to learn the nba. at least a few years away.

AD doesnt want to wait, why should he for rookie?

next, NO may want to rebuild around williamson, so they want players of similar ages and picks. boston still has a very attractive package of players and picks.

Agree.

Celts still have the most attractive assets.

Davis is not staying in Orleans for a rebuild.

Celts do not have the most attractive. New York still does. Their draft picks are stronger than ours this year and future years plus Mitchell Robinson and Dennis Jr... if NY wants him and he fits the cap bill he will be in NY

I disagree.

Mitchell Robinson and Dennis Jr. are not better than Tatum, Jaylen, and Smart.

Plus, the Celts have the #14, #20, #22 picks this year and the 2020 top 6 protected(unprotected in 2021) Griz pick.

No team comes close to having assets like that.

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2019, 09:34:14 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
If they do, they have a chance to position themselves in the same way the Golden State Warriors did...

meaning, they could trade Zion for the best offer (#4 pick, Ingram, Kuzma, Ball) and position themselves to have cap space to add another couple stars since everyone is on rookie deals.
Except that definitely isn't the best trade offer out there, and they already turned them down before. I don't see a reason for them to accept it now.

Agreed. The new offer includes the #4 pick, which the old one didn't, but this draft may be only 2 or 3 deep.

Mike

to me, AD still wants to leave since the relationship with the management is poor and williamson is NOT  going to make NO a contender. he is a rookie and will have growing pains and have to learn the nba. at least a few years away.

next, NO may want to rebuild around williamson, so they want players of similar ages and picks. boston still has a very attractive package of players and picks.

Agree.

Celts do not have the most attractive. New York still does. Their draft picks are stronger than ours this year and future years plus Mitchell Robinson and Dennis Jr... if NY wants him and he fits the cap bill he will be in NY
maybe. but if tatum is part of the package he becomes the best piece in any trade going to NO. plus, the memphis pick may carry some weight. so, we shall see and i suspect we will see sooner rather than later.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2019, 09:34:21 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

(b) Even if they do, the Lakers now have a much stronger offer, perhaps stronger than the Celts

After Davis burning bridges with the fans and organization, I think it's likely. And what makes you think that the number 4 pick trumps everything the Celtics have?

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2019, 09:34:40 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
(a) I don't think so

and

-our memphis pick rolls over another year. Memphis isn't going to contend anytime soon
- Ingram has a disease

What's the trade package better than Tatum+ smart + 5 first round picks   and if you want to get serious you can add brown to that package

Absolutely!

Tatum + Smart and all the picks this June and the 2020 Griz pick can't be beat by any offer all current NBA teams can come up with.

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2019, 09:34:45 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Shams tweeted after lottery that AD’s stance on trade hasn’t changed

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2019, 09:35:21 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Chris Mannix says Kyrie Irving has one of the smallest "inner circles" he's seen.

Says it's basically his father and only he knows what Kyrie is doing

I hope his dad is telling Kyrie that him AD could become legends.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2019, 09:36:05 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

Why would it? ;D

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2019, 09:36:41 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
(a) I don't think so

and

- Ingram has a disease

Absolutely!

Tatum + Smart and all the picks this June and the 2020 Griz pick can't be beat by any offer all current NBA teams can come up with.

Yeah, That's a monster offer....

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2019, 09:36:50 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff

Mike

Agree.

maybe. but if tatum is part of the package he becomes the best piece in any trade going to NO. plus, the memphis pick may carry some weight. so, we shall see and i suspect we will see sooner rather than later.

The Memphis pick is a golden egg.

It's not like star players like Kevin Durant are going to Memphis any time soon.

That means the Griz will a lottery team for a few more years.

And if the Griz are horrible next season, that means the 2021 pick will become unprotected.

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2019, 09:38:59 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Mike

Agree.

It's not like star players like Kevin Durant are going to Memphis any time soon.

And if the Griz are horrible next season, that means the 2021 pick will become unprotected.
Anyone counting on that Grizzlies pick being great in two seasons didn't learn any lessons from watching De'Aaron Fox in his 2nd season.

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2019, 09:41:28 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

That is very pertinent information to this thread - TP!

I came to thread to say, 'yes', but I guess the above already gives an indication of what is expected to happen.

I believe the Cs still have the best package as NOP seems to have an infatuation with Tatum and perhaps even our 'culture changer', Smart.

I just don't think Barrett, DSJ, and a future late 1st is as compelling. And, even with the #4 pick, there just seems to be too much uncertainty with the Lakers players - Ingram (blood clot), Ball (won't play there), Kuzma (reached his ceiling). Tatum is still the best asset; he and Zion would be an insane forward combo.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 10:13:35 PM by jambr380 »

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2019, 09:43:14 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Kyrie
Brown
Hayward
Al
AD

Would need to find cheap vets for the bench

Best case for Boston

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2019, 09:43:22 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Mike

Agree.

Anyone counting on that Grizzlies pick being great in two seasons didn't learn any lessons from watching De'Aaron Fox in his 2nd season.

Ja Morant seems like a special talent, but the Kings had young and hungry rookies with a great blend of veterans.

Fox, Giles, Bagley, (underrated rookie,) and some of the hottest shooting from Hield.

I mean who does Griz really have? No cap space, Jonas V, Bradley, Conley, and some rookies in Brooks.

Not to mention their system has been up and down to a point where even the mild mannered Conley already said peace out.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2019, 09:44:55 PM »

Offline BMark

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
AD must really not like NO. Imagine a team with AD. Zion, J'rue and Kyrie?