Author Topic: Official:-Spears Confirms Marquis coming to Boston (merged)  (Read 61240 times)

Re: Official:-Spears Confirms Marquis coming to Boston (merged)
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2009, 08:19:17 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
This has to be the biggest steal of the offseason so far. Danny sure is making up for the 2008 offseason  :D

You do realize that the 2009 offseason would not have been possible without the 2008 offseason going down the way it did, right? 

Danny drew the line on Posey because he knew that the summer of '09 would be a buyer's market with lots of good bargains to be had...

I see you are also a member of the Danny Ainge apologists union. I havent seen you at the community center on Wednesdays though. Strange....

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2009, 08:19:31 PM »

Offline Rida

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 86
Thanks, Rida. Just found that myself.

Still, I'll believe it when I see it. I hope it's via trade, not LLE. I still want to save that bullet.

Only reason I believe it is because Spears is an incredibly legit source and these guys are very conscience of their posts.

@ricbucher

http://twitter.com/RicBucher

got very flustered when people questioned some of the stuff he was putting out on Twitter today and defended himself vehemently.

Even Simmons had a dig at him which was highly entertaining

Thank you for breaking the story. I put it on the FP. Next time you see something like this first, pop down a
fanshot, and get famous

whats a fanshot?

« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2009, 08:20:22 PM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205
WHOO! banner 18 just got a lil bit closer, and i just got a LOT more excited! he'll be great coming off the bench behind pierce and ray

« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2009, 08:21:38 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Thanks, Rida. Just found that myself.

Still, I'll believe it when I see it. I hope it's via trade, not LLE. I still want to save that bullet.

Only reason I believe it is because Spears is an incredibly legit source and these guys are very conscience of their posts.

@ricbucher

http://twitter.com/RicBucher

got very flustered when people questioned some of the stuff he was putting out on Twitter today and defended himself vehemently.

Even Simmons had a dig at him which was highly entertaining

Thank you for breaking the story. I put it on the FP. Next time you see something like this first, pop down a
fanshot, and get famous

whats a fanshot?

On the frontpage, there is the daniels post. Above it there is one button called fanpost, one called fanshot. Fanpost is where you write your 500 theory on why Lamar Odom likes Candy Corn. Fanshots are where you post links to quotes from Lamar Odom and his Candy Corn addiction, articles comparing Lamar's play before and after the introduction of Caramel Candy Corn, and pictures of Lamar eating Candy corn. Ya dig?

« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2009, 08:22:54 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2538
This is really feeling real.  Right?

Great pick-up if true.  Versatility! -- Danny is becoming Belichik.   Daniels gives Doc many options.  I'd be interested in hearing other opinions, but I think I'd rather have Daniels than Hill.

« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2009, 08:23:27 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Some initial thoughts.  I think he is very good player but I wonder why he hasn't received more interest in the free agent market.  I didn't even realize until today he was an UFA and nobody here was talking about signing him.  

If Orlando is our competition for a sign and trade I think we might have the upper hand as I think Indiana would just want an expiring contract that could be useful in a trade later this year.  Orlando doesn't really have an expiring contract that they would willingly give away.  

I'm surprised Indiana wouldn't re-sign him.  Their payroll is at about 58 mil so it's not too steep of a payroll but maybe their organization is hurting a little financially.

On the court I think he can easily back up the 2 and 3 and even the 1 at times.  I remember watching him against us last year he was very good at driving to the hoop.  He had his best year last year and is entering his prime.  A good time to get him if this is true and should help us out alot.

« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2009, 08:23:53 PM »

Offline Marqui

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 6
I'm a little worried about the fact that he can't shoot at all and has never been a good defender, but he can play alongside House, so that's a nice bonus and maybe he'll pick up the defensive intensity. Still need a backup at the 3, but it's a good move for the money.

Uh, I don't think so. I think the backup swingman position is shored up with this move.
Marquis is a 2/1
We still need a good defensive 3 to guard the position when Pierce is out.

« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2009, 08:25:49 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
I'm a little worried about the fact that he can't shoot at all and has never been a good defender, but he can play alongside House, so that's a nice bonus and maybe he'll pick up the defensive intensity. Still need a backup at the 3, but it's a good move for the money.

Uh, I don't think so. I think the backup swingman position is shored up with this move.
Marquis is a 2/1

Daniels is 6'6. He can spot fill.

« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2009, 08:26:01 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
This will be a fantastic pickup!! Tommy points my friends!

A Wallace, Daniels, House, Davis bench (as a core) is awesome!

« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2009, 08:28:42 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
Dare I say it: House/Daniels/Baby/Sheed would not only be serviceable, but also one of the best benches in the entire league...

« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2009, 08:29:15 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
I didn't want him if we got Grant HIll, but now I want him, and I think he will round us out perfect. Bring on Ime Udoka. Please.

« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2009, 08:30:21 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2715
any videos of Daniels? What is he like?

« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2009, 08:30:57 PM »

Offline Marqui

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 6

Marquis is a 2/1

Daniels is 6'6. He can spot fill.
Ya, on a team the doesn't care about defense.

« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2009, 08:33:04 PM »

Offline Rida

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 86
I didn't want him if we got Grant HIll, but now I want him, and I think he will round us out perfect. Bring on Ime Udoka. Please.

Indeed Proceed its offical now you can take not offical of the front page.

Mark Murphy is Reporting it in the herald

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view.bg?articleid=1185604&srvc=sports&position=1

By Mark Murphy
Friday, July 17, 2009 – Updated 0m ago
+ Recent Articles + Recent Blog Entries + Email
Boston Herald Sports Reporter
EmailE-mail PrintablePrint Comments(0) Comments LargerSmallerText size Bookmark and Share Share Buzz up!

The Celtics [team stats] satisfied their search for a backup small forward today, securing a commitment from free agent Marquis Daniels to join the team for the 2009-10 season.

Daniels is expected to sign with the Celtics in one of two ways – either for the $1.9 million biannual exception or in a sign-and-trade deal with Indiana. The Celtics and Pacers are still hashing out those details.

But the Celtics have reached agreement with a potentially valuable role player – one who averaged a career-high 13.8 points for Indiana last season. The problem is that Daniels – often injured during his career – played in only 54 games last season due to a wrist injury that ended his season in mid-March.

The Pacers decided not to pick up his option in June.

« Reply #74 on: July 17, 2009, 08:34:55 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
any videos of Daniels? What is he like?

For what it's worth this is a Pacers fan's summary of him that I found over at realgm
Although Marquis was expensive when he was with the Pacers, as a GF that can come off the bench that your Team is not dependant on him as a 6th/7th rotational player for a much cheaper price at $3+ mil...he's pretty solid and worth it. He may be injury prone....but as long as you have adequate depth at the GF rotation ( the Pacers were heavily dependant on him last season cuz our GF rotation lacked any real experienced depth with Dunleavy out ) ...then he'll be fine. Marquis has a below-average perimeter 3pt game.....but is near automatic slashing to the basket. Because he's a very good finisher around the rim and can hit any shot when he's inside the paint....I think that he's much better suited for a Half-court game. He's not a lockdown defender....but he's a solid perimeter defender. At whatever ( cheaper ) price that the Celtics get him at.....as long as you have some decent GF depth and you don't need him to hit the 3pt shot too often ( just have him take shots closer to the basket )....he's worth it.