Author Topic: Robert Williams Hurt  (Read 5751 times)

Re: Robert Williams Hurt
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2023, 07:01:59 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Here is hoping to a full recovery. I never felt he had the same lift when he returned from his las surgery. 

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2023, 07:09:38 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2721
Really tough news for Rob. Sorry to see this. I wonder what exactly his knee injury consist of, and how much if anything it had to do with his prior injuries.

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2023, 07:16:02 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
Portland Trail Blazers center Robert Williams III is facing potential season-ending surgery to repair bone and ligament damage due to right kneecap injury, sources tell me and @ShamsCharania. Williams and doctors could also choose cleanup procedure with 2-to-3 month timetable.

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2023, 07:21:38 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Selfishly, any regrets I held over the Holiday trade have now been eliminated entirely.

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2023, 07:23:06 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
Portland Trail Blazers center Robert Williams III is facing potential season-ending surgery to repair bone and ligament damage due to right kneecap injury, sources tell me and @ShamsCharania. Williams and doctors could also choose cleanup procedure with 2-to-3 month timetable.

Man that sounds terrible! He went with the quick cleanup route once before and has never been the same since. He should take care of his long term health here.

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2023, 07:30:11 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1008

Jeezus. Didn't know it was that bad to the point where it requires season-ending surgery. Wishing for a speedy recovery.

I think this happened during a game where he got hurt. But man, either Brad can predict the future or he knew about the extent of his knee issues. He's kinda like another Andrew Bynum. Healthy and he's a force. But made of glass.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2023, 07:47:55 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
IMO, this is just further proof that some guys are, in fact, injury prone, and not merely the victim of bad luck. If it happens 4, 6, 8 times, it's not a fluke thing; there's some inherent flaw in the person's genetic makeup, and that's not something you can escape with any amount of conditioning/treatment/etc. (Though it can certainly be called "bad luck" to end up with that genetic makeup in the first place, but that's not the point.) Rob Williams is injury-prone, period. He'll probably never come close to playing a full season.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2023, 07:51:01 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2670
  • bammokja

Man that sounds terrible! He went with the quick cleanup route once before and has never been the same since. He should take care of his long term health here.
indeed. depending on the prognosis, TL might start to think of life after the nba and his current contract. more injuries might create a life long problem and pain for him.

i always thought he was a fun player to watch. sorry, but not unexpected as noted here already.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2023, 08:00:37 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3195
Take care TIMELORD!!!

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2023, 08:01:46 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
IMO, this is just further proof that some guys are, in fact, injury prone, and not merely the victim of bad luck. If it happens 4, 6, 8 times, it's not a fluke thing; there's some inherent flaw in the person's genetic makeup, and that's not something you can escape with any amount of conditioning/treatment/etc. (Though it can certainly be called "bad luck" to end up with that genetic makeup in the first place, but that's not the point.) Rob Williams is injury-prone, period. He'll probably never come close to playing a full season.

Yeah I mean, this is his 6th NBA season and his second NBA contract, and he has yet to make it through a single season without missing significant time. At some point the hope and potential is gone and he is what he is. Especially for a guy who relies a lot on his athleticism.

« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2023, 08:02:09 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1246
Here is hoping to a full recovery. I never felt he had the same lift when he returned from his las surgery.

Sadly his game relies heavily on his athleticism. He was already a shell of himself after the previous surgeries and now he’ll have to deal with one more. I hope he can somehow reinvent his game so he can get himself another contract.

« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2023, 08:25:28 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1415
  • Let's Go Celtics!

He should just go with the season ending route. The more in depth procedure is probably the better option for him long term.

Taking a step back, that's sucks for him. This is the right knee now so he's had serious issues in both knees and his game is so predicated on his athleticism.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 09:38:01 PM by RJ87 »
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2023, 09:22:48 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 949
That is a huge bummer. Hope he comes back from the surgery and has a long run of injury free play.

« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2023, 12:12:49 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 739
I feel bad for him, but 54M isn’t too bad for a guy in his mid-20’s. If he doesn’t make a penny more, he just might still be ok financially. What I really hope is that he’s got his head in a good place and in addition to working at getting back on the court, he’s considering life after b-ball and what that could be like for him. Hope he has good friends and family.

He, his immediate family, any future children and grandchildren should be more than ok financially on just his rookie contract.
The whole world has lost it's collective mind.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2023, 08:22:37 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 886

I am not sure there is much debate about this.  It is absolutely true that some humans are more durable than other humans.  Just like some are taller or better at math or better singers.  There is some element of chance involved also (aka luck) with some injuries.  Chronic injuries can also be the result of lack of conditioning and preparation.

There should be no doubt for anyone that has watched him that Rob Williams is not a durable athlete (I prefer that to saying injury prone).  His body is just not going to hold up to the rigor of the NBA.  It isn't his fault.  It is more than just a bad luck fluke injury.  He is far from the first.

I think all Celtics fans liked Rob Williams the player and the person.  He had some real moments for the Celtics.  When he was right, healthy, and on his game (second half of 2021-22 season) he was part of some historically good team basketball.