Author Topic: Who are you happiest for?/Who do you love beating the most?  (Read 5944 times)

Re: Who are you happiest for?/Who do you love beating the most?
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2008, 09:13:23 AM »

Offline greg_kite

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
Tied between Danny and Paul.  Paul for sticking it out.  Danny for doing what he knew best and ignoring all the "expert" opinions.  He made some minor mistakes but he made the team the way he wanted it and made it great.  As much as everyone liked Toine, he wouldn't have fit on a great defensive team.  Danny knew it would take D to win a title and Antoine wasn't that type of player.

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2008, 09:45:04 AM »

Offline MrsNumba17

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 17
  • I Love NUMBA 17 !
I Am soooo happy!
No one deserved this championship more than the Boston Celtics.

Thanks KG and Ray for coming to Boston!
Thanks to Pierce for your tremendous amount of dedication and loyalty. You are the epitome of a superstar.
Thanks to Rondo for your incredible talent and heart.
Thanks to Doc ... I KNEW you would get us a championship.
Thanks to Perk... job well done my man.
Thanks to the bench...you all played your hearts out each minute on that court.
Thanks to Ainge... I used your name in vain alot the past few seasons but I have to give you props for putting these "CHAMPIONS" together.
THanks to my husband (NUMBA17) to taking me to my first game (2004 Bos vs LA) and introducing me to such a passionate sport and such an amazing team! It was love at first sight! I'll never forget that rush I felt when I walked into the Fleet Center that day.
To every Boston Celtic....YOU ARE MY IDOL!!!
Thank you!!!

"A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals"
~Larry Bird

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2008, 02:20:58 PM »

Offline PSquared

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
As much as everyone liked Toine, he wouldn't have fit on a great defensive team.  Danny knew it would take D to win a title and Antoine wasn't that type of player.

You're right but as Walker later proved, had the C's already had the Defensive players in place back then that they had this year, #17 might have come a bit earlier.   Walker is an offensive(in both ways...lol) player, period.  Always has been, always will be.  He might have quick hands but to him, playing defense was always just a hobby, not the job.

Walker won a title being a scorer off the bench;  something that would've never occurred, had he remained here.   

So in essence, Ainge did the right thing for both the franchise and Antoine.  Both seemed to benefit, didn't they?  Antoine first in '06 and the Celtics/Pierce now in '08.   EVERYBODY WINS!  EVERYBODY IS HAPPY!   ;D

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2008, 02:25:45 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2706
I don't think this could have possibly been any more satisfying! I'm most happy for Paul Pierce, for a large list of reasons, and I'm glad he proved to the world he is better than lebron and kobe, and will be remembered as a celtic great. It was most satisfying to beat the lakers due to kobe and phil's disgusting arrogance, the media hype surrounding kobe, the disgust I have for Odom, vujacic, and gasol, and for chris wallace giving them gasol for free. I have got to give respect to cleveland though, I never thought much of them but they gave us the best fight and were great defensively, they will be tough next year.

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2008, 02:33:25 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Pierce:  For sticking it out through the lean years.
KG:  Cause he just wanted it sooooooooooo bad.
Ray: Because of his son's health scare (among other reasons)
Doc: Because everyone wanted him canned last year!

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2008, 02:47:22 PM »

Offline telfairERA#30

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 5
It's gotta be Pierce, but KG, Ray, and Doc not far behind. For the Big Three, their careers have been validated by winning it all. If they hadn't, they go down on perennial All-Stars that couldn't win the big one. Now, they enter the Pantheon of greatest Boston sports teams. They succeeded on the highest stage in front of the world and now they can retire in peace. No matter what their critics may say, they'll always have the ring. And for Doc, after all he's been through, he deserves it. With his father dying, the trying seasons when his career was hanging in the balance, his players wanted to win it for him.

At the same time, you have to be happy for the fans. All the old-timers have been rewarded for their devotion through these dreadful years when we placed our hope in the likes of Sebastian Telfair, Gerald Green, and Vitaly Potapenko. They get to see a banner raised in the Garden one last time. For the young fans, who maybe haven't been around for long, but are now proud members of Celtics Nation. This championship places a seed of fandom and loyalty that will last them a lifetime. Celtics Nation is swelling to new heights and I've got to be happy for everyone.

But not Sasha. Go cry yourself to sleep, you pest.
Put me on the Rondo bandwagon.

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2008, 02:55:14 PM »

Offline SamuelAdams

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 51
Paul Pierce for sure. We all know his talent, drive and heart for the game.  Now, forever, it will be known by all.

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2008, 03:02:55 PM »

Offline CT34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
I'm happy for all the guys but I'm happiest for KG.  KG is my 2nd favorite player of all time (MJ being the 1st).  I pick the number 21 when I was in high school because of KG.  I never was a T-Wolve fan but I always wanted KG to do his best.  I've been hard on KG like he was a family member who I only wanted to see do his best.  KG is who is his and for the most part he did it his way.  The guy is a cool dude and I'm happy I got the chance to meet him to few years ago and even happier that he ended up being a Celtic. Now he's a champion and I couldn't be any happier for him.  My only regret was that I wasn't in the build to see it live.  However I'm happy my son was able to be there.  

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2008, 03:44:37 PM »

Offline kenmaine

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 25
  • Boston 104, New York 59
Mentioned PP earlier, and could include everyone else involved in any way.
Also very happy for all the younger fans who can now feel like part of the tradition. I know it's just sports, but for some of us the Celtics are a big part of our lives.
Also Tony Allen-  his career has really been sidetracked by injuries and who knows if he'll be back, but at least he got to be a part of #17.

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2008, 05:13:05 PM »

Offline Jaycelt

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 7
 No one, no one....not the owners, not Danny, not Doc.... has had to put up with as much crap from ignorant fans and media members for as long as Paul Pierce.
Sure I'm happy for KG and Ray.  KG has had his detractors, but he's also had plenty of personal recognition and awards.  Ray has been a great shooter on some good and not so good teams but he was never made the goat for not winning like PP has.
Paul is finally getting the recognition and respect he has deserved for years, therefore, I'm happiest for him.

I love beating EVERBODY, but beating Kobe & Phil is extra special.

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2008, 05:41:31 PM »

Offline ucn33

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 2
Honestly, and I'm not trying to be too corny or anything, but I'm pretty much equally happy for the entire team.

But if I had to choose one person, then it'd be Doc. This guy has been bashed throughout the majority of his tenure as a coach for the Celtics (and I'm admittedly guilty of this as...make that more than about everyone), so seeing him celebrating with his teammates--and having the gatorade poured all over him!--was extremely gratifying. I still don't love him in terms of his strategic ability, but my opinion on him as a coach is certainly starting to revolve.

That is, until the Celtics lose their first couple games next season. Then I'm gonna want Doc's head. ;)

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2008, 05:51:46 PM »

Offline bbc3341

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
happy for Pierce - love beating Detroit AND Lakers
Now, on to 18...