Author Topic: The Celticsblog Hall of Fame  (Read 148413 times)

Re: The Celticsblog Hall of Fame
« Reply #195 on: August 26, 2009, 05:28:45 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Excessive use of scrolling text is an automatic disqualifier for ever being voted into the CBHOF.  ;D

;) Just kidding Edgar.   Or am I!!!???

Does voting for the Boxers help? I just want to point I had them in the play-offs and voted for them in the runoff vote.
No, it does show what great taste and intelligence one has but unfortunately it does not get one into the CBHOF!

« Reply #196 on: August 26, 2009, 05:33:21 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Excessive use of scrolling text is an automatic disqualifier for ever being voted into the CBHOF.  ;D

;) Just kidding Edgar.   Or am I!!!???

Does voting for the Boxers help? I just want to point I had them in the play-offs and voted for them in the runoff vote.
No, it does show what great taste and intelligence one has but unfortunately it does not get one into the CBHOF!

Fair enough, intelligence and great taste is good too.

« Reply #197 on: August 26, 2009, 06:22:52 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
an idea for nick and others.....when someone is in the hall, they should have some type of logo or indicator next to their name, signifying their accomplishment.  just a classy touch if u ask me

I definitely agree with this.  We have TP's and stars, maybe add a little banner (you know like championship banner) for someone who's made it in the hall, if that's at all possible.

FLCeltsFan needs to be in there.  Don't take the daily links for granted!

And if you have a sig from Reggie's Ghost, then you definitely know he deserves the recognition!

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #198 on: August 26, 2009, 06:27:21 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
an idea for nick and others.....when someone is in the hall, they should have some type of logo or indicator next to their name, signifying their accomplishment.  just a classy touch if u ask me

I definitely agree with this.  We have TP's and stars, maybe add a little banner (you know like championship banner) for someone who's made it in the hall, if that's at all possible.

And if you have a sig from Reggie's Ghost, then you definitely know he deserves the recognition!

Agree with everything here. Obviously some sort of logo would be awesome, a mini banner or retired number thing...

How about a glorified shamrock of some sort? Simple enough, yet recognizable and appreciated site-wide.

I like the work Reggie's Ghost is doing, but between game threads and daily links, if there's a CB Hall of Fame that doesn't include FLCeltsFan, then it's not a real CB Hall of Fame. 
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #199 on: August 26, 2009, 06:33:34 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

Agree with everything here. Obviously some sort of logo would be awesome, a mini banner or retired number thing...

How about a glorified shamrock of some sort? Simple enough, yet recognizable and appreciated site-wide.

We'll look into what the options are, but there may be limitations due to our forums software.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #200 on: August 26, 2009, 08:42:09 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
10% off at Panera bread for all HOFers... I demand it
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #201 on: August 26, 2009, 08:51:17 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

We'll look into what the options are, but there may be limitations due to our forums software.

Something subtle like this perhaps

Yup

« Reply #202 on: August 26, 2009, 10:24:35 PM »

• Don Chaney

Redz that is EXACTLY what i had in mind ;)

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #203 on: August 26, 2009, 10:28:24 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

Sweet.  We'll get to work on that,  RG?  ;)
Yup

« Reply #204 on: August 26, 2009, 10:29:12 PM »

• Don Chaney

Sweet.  We'll get to work on that,  RG?  ;)

Time is a factor, hombres.

« Reply #205 on: August 26, 2009, 10:30:05 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

"What am I contributing to Celticsblog that makes me deserving of extra recognition by my peers?"
I'm cute.
My good looks would contribute more if we had a big picture of me somewhere on the site.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #206 on: October 15, 2009, 06:27:36 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
i been around for awhile..before the move..i dont have tons of post or tommys like many new folks

reconize me

« Reply #207 on: October 15, 2009, 06:30:05 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I thinking I'll have to wait until CelticsBlog decided it needs to beef up the International members of the HOF, sort of like what happened with hockey. ;D

« Reply #208 on: October 15, 2009, 06:48:58 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!

« Reply #209 on: October 15, 2009, 07:13:35 PM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153
I had to create a new account when the site switched interfaces/servers one time.

I had a nice account going with lots of posts and TP's, but it all got flushed down the tube >:(

I've built my account back up to soemthing respectable, but I wish all my stats (from old and new accounts) could be combined.

Hopefully I"ll be a part of the CBHOF one day
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland