Author Topic: Is Milicic part of 8 man rotation ???  (Read 12444 times)

Re: Is Milicic part of 8 man rotation ???
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2012, 07:39:06 PM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
I understand its on comcast but I dont live in Mass anymore. Does anyone know if it will be shown online anywhere?

« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2012, 08:28:39 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I understand its on comcast but I dont live in Mass anymore. Does anyone know if it will be shown online anywhere?

My tv schedule says it will be on NBATV. It's a pretty cheap channel (like $8), it comes with a couple other sports channels I have never watched and don't even know what they are (I think one is like a NASCAR channel).
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2012, 08:33:02 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I forgot to say, yes Wilcox is injured... one thing everyone is forgetting... it was Darko who took him out! Every report says it was a pretty big hit (Cox has a strained back)! I think we are already good on the VET. Min. if he can do the same against other teams... I don't know about you guys but if I had it, I would be willing to pay Darko the money just for him to deliver those blows to players like Brinda, KoMe, Wadena, and guys of that type!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2012, 08:22:14 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I think our rotation will definitely be based on who we are playing and we will play to matchups. But looking at our team now I go with

Rondo
Lee
Pierce
Bass
Garnett

6th: Terry
7th: Green
8th: Darko
9th: Wilcox
10th:Sully

Who does Bradley bump when he gets back?
Also, I can't help but root for Dionte Christmas.
He's been a nice summer camp, training camp story so far.
He could eventually be our backup SF.
Green is talented, but that also makes him a possible trade chip if we need to make a move at the trade deadline.

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2012, 08:38:18 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Darko is the best big man on the team not named Garnett or Bass.  And frankly I don't think it is close.  Darko was a total bust as the #2 pick in the draft and I think that sometimes make people think he is a downright terrible player.  He is not.  He is a solid backup center and has a skill set that would be perfect on this team and in his role of backup. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2012, 09:31:32 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 653
  • MASTER OF PANIC
depends really on how Sully develops...wilcox might need to play some PF which gives darko time at center...

« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2012, 09:38:42 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I think our rotation will definitely be based on who we are playing and we will play to matchups. But looking at our team now I go with

Rondo
Lee
Pierce
Bass
Garnett

6th: Terry
7th: Green
8th: Darko
9th: Wilcox
10th:Sully

Who does Bradley bump when he gets back?
Also, I can't help but root for Dionte Christmas.
He's been a nice summer camp, training camp story so far.
He could eventually be our backup SF.
Green is talented, but that also makes him a possible trade chip if we need to make a move at the trade deadline.

Christmas might back up Green after Pierce retires, but he will not be our backup SF this year, and Jeff Green is NOT getting traded.  Seriously, he's signed for four years, $36 million.  Who's going to want that contract if he can't beat out a guy who's been bouncing around the D-League and Europe?  Most people think that Jeff Green is overpaid, so he's not going to be movable in the first year of his deal unless he shows everyone he's not overpaid, and then why on earth would the Celtics trade him at that point, especially in the middle of the season?  Just not happening.  It is far far far more likely that Christmas will not end the season a Celtic instead of Jeff Green.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 09:56:20 AM by saltlover »

« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2012, 05:34:28 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
heard he was passing great

« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2012, 05:43:11 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
heard he was passing great

He looked all right.  Passed pretty well.  Hands looked mediocre -- not Ryan Hollins bad, but there were a couple Rondo passes he wasn't ready for, and a lost rebound or two.  Played a lot of the game, and I didn't see Jason Collins come in once.

« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2012, 05:45:37 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Darko is the best big man on the team not named Garnett or Bass.  And frankly I don't think it is close.  Darko was a total bust as the #2 pick in the draft and I think that sometimes make people think he is a downright terrible player.  He is not.  He is a solid backup center and has a skill set that would be perfect on this team and in his role of backup.
Woah woah woah. Let's not go nuts here. I need a bigger sample size than one Euro preseason game and I'm not ready to put him ahead of Green or Sully as a big man or as a basketball player

« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2012, 05:47:53 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Darko literally is the best big man on the team outside of Garnett and Bass... I don't know how anyone could argue. He has size, passing ability, he can block shots, he's got a mean streak to him... i think he's perfect. If Darko played on the 70's Celtic team Tommy would have him in All-Star games with those outlet passes.

« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2012, 07:02:18 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Garnett, Bass, Wilcox, Sullinger, Milicic, Collins, Melo. He's the second best center, 5th best big ma

« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2012, 07:24:09 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
What can we do about getting him a nickname so that the word Darko goes away? I like how Doc told him his new name is Celtic!

You know how we embrace folks w/ nicknames in Boston. Something new might help this guy drop the baggage.

« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2012, 07:58:51 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Darko is one of the newer additions , he needs time to gel,  I think Fab is just overwhelmed by the whole NBA thing still,  He seems still in awe of all the celeb players. Like he wants their autographs or somthing.

Sully is the ral deal...kid is bad to the bone , with a Barkley , NO FEAR attitude.  Love his game.

« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2012, 08:17:29 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Besides the very valid argument that this was just one game, let's also examine the topic title: is Milicic part of the 8 man rotation? 

If the answer is yes to that question it means one of two things:

Either Green, Terry, or Lee/Bradley is out of the 8 man rotation or it means that Bass is booted and KG is swung down to the 4.

I don't see either scenario happening.

I think the two much more likely scenarios are this:

Doc goes with a 9 man or more rotation in the playoffs.  (He'll clearly go with more than 8 in the regular season). 

OR

If Doc were to go to the small ball rotation, it won't include Darko. 

I lean much more heavily on the former.  Even if Doc plays a lot of small ball, I see Darko at least getting 10-15 mpg.