Author Topic: what i saw in today's game  (Read 13300 times)

Re: what i saw in today's game
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2012, 08:03:52 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I have to say with all he attention on the new guys, I think Rondo kinda slipped under the radar.

It's worth mentioning that his shot looked amazingly smooth and effortless, and he looked more assertive attacking the basket - I think he just played with speed the entire  time he was out there.

If he plays like this all season he could easilly have a 17/5/12 season.

Plus Rondo has always played more minutes than the 'big 3' so he's always spent SOME time on the court with the bench guys.  With the extra scoring our second unit has this year, I can see his assist numbers - as hard as it is to believe - actually going up. 

« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2012, 08:56:35 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
I have to say with all he attention on the new guys, I think Rondo kinda slipped under the radar.

It's worth mentioning that his shot looked amazingly smooth and effortless, and he looked more assertive attacking the basket - I think he just played with speed the entire  time he was out there.

Plus Rondo has always played more minutes than the 'big 3' so he's always spent SOME time on the court with the bench guys.  With the extra scoring our second unit has this year, I can see his assist numbers - as hard as it is to believe - actually going up.

He looked smooth and stong and healthy and I agree that he is poised to have a great season.

His foul shots went in but there is something about his shot that has never looked right.  It's not that it's a terribly weird style like Keeyon's or Shawn Marion's but I always feel like if it goes in, it's more by chance than skill.  Actually, it reminds me of my own shot. Can someone who knows the science of shooting describe what is wrong with his shot?

« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2012, 09:00:15 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Pierce and Sullinger a step slow on defense. Need to see more; but hopefully Sullinger will not be a defensive liability. He is solid in the post. But pick and roll defense was pretty bad all around.

« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2012, 09:19:24 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

I agree, but more like 17/8/12. His 3 looks smooth and his form looks a lot better. Let's see what happens after all the preseason is over, cuz I wanna see if he is consistent with his play.

Loved Sully, I believe he can help us right away and perhaps take Bass' starting position.

Fab looks raw, but definitely full of potential. He should spend some time in the D League to improve his game but he's worth the wait.

I am so excited for this season to start!!!!

« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2012, 09:31:59 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

His foul shots went in but there is something about his shot that has never looked right.  It's not that it's a terribly weird style like Keeyon's or Shawn Marion's but I always feel like if it goes in, it's more by chance than skill.  Actually, it reminds me of my own shot. Can someone who knows the science of shooting describe what is wrong with his shot?

I think there have been two issues. First, his right elbow drifts outside his body. Second, his off hand leaves the ball too early (it should "guide" the shot almost to when it's released).

Both looked better to me on his jumpers yesterday, even though he only took a couple.