Author Topic: The 'Awful Sports Day' Thread  (Read 3655 times)

The 'Awful Sports Day' Thread
« on: May 14, 2014, 09:53:42 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Consider this the place to come commiserate when it's just been one of those days in the world of sports. I'll kick things off:

Wow. A lame showing by the Bruins. They had two chances to put away the Canadiens but pulled a complete no-show both games.

And just before that I got to see LeBron get away with a foul on Pierce near the end of the game?and even though the Nets retained possession, they proceeded to fail to get off a final shot, then turned the ball over. Then I got to see LeBron climb the scorer's table and act like he'd just won the title. Marvelous.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

Re: The 'Awful Sports Day' Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 10:00:14 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
if the bruins actually shot the puck instead of waiting for a better shot that never comes they may have scored 1 or 2 more goals. this was the most frustrating part of this series.

and if anyone thought the nets were going to be allowed to beat the heat they were kidding themselves.

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 10:07:23 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Yeah, pretty bummed out about the Bruins. Ever since their resurgence, I have really gotten a lot more into the actual game of hockey than I used to be. The best teams don't often go all the way, but I really thought they would at least get to the finals again - especially with the Penguins getting eliminated last night.

The Heat win obviously sucks, but it's been ages since I have sat down and watched a Miami game. Unless the Cs are facing them in the playoffs, I just can't get myself to do it - they just make my life worse.

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 10:28:13 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Everything always seems to go right for the Heat these last few years... just sickening, why didn't we have that same luck in the big 3 era??

Bruins losing is hard... this Sox game isn't bad though. Some silver lining!

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 10:34:26 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
The Heat have been unbelievably fortunate, as were Jordan & Co. in the '90s?no major injuries to any key players, no big-time rival to make life a pain in the butt and every game a severe challenge.

I'm not wishing anyone injury, but I sure wish the Cs had been more fortunate in that respect.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis