Author Topic: Maria Sugarpova  (Read 6442 times)

Maria Sugarpova
« on: August 20, 2013, 08:42:52 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Maria Sharapova is apparently going to change her last name for the US Open to promote her candy company and then change it back after the US Open.  I can't imagine she thought this one through.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: Maria Sugarpova
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 10:56:57 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
That is a bit shameful.

I would love to see her win, but the win officially never being credited to Sharpova or counting for her tennis rankings.

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 10:58:47 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Hey, no Sharapova flaming -- she's dating my homie :P
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 12:46:49 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Brilliant marketing.  Something tells me that this won't actually happen.  But, it's already worked.  For example, I'd never heard of Sugarpova candy before today.  Now I have.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 12:54:08 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Just for today, I want to be referred to and known on CelticsBlog as SNAcker...just because.  ;)

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 12:57:23 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Just for today, I want to be referred to and known on CelticsBlog as SNAcker...just because.  ;)

I'm leaning toward FidelityInvestmentFan.  Setting a course for retirement in fair or foul weather.  CHECK PLEASE!

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 01:11:05 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Hey, no Sharapova flaming -- she's dating my homie :P
SAY WHAT???!!!   don't tell me she's been cheating on me!

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 09:20:10 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
so she pulls out of the US Open yesterday.  Clearly she had no intention of even playing in it or changing her name.  Just a cheap publicity stunt.  Lost a lot of respect for her.

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2013, 09:25:36 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
so she pulls out of the US Open yesterday.  Clearly she had no intention of even playing in it or changing her name.  Just a cheap publicity stunt.  Lost a lot of respect for her.

Honestly they are athletes out there beating their wives, driving drunk, taking steroids, and killing people.  I really wouldnt waste my time worrying about a potential name change for money. 

(and yes im still jaded about ahtletes behavior since the A Hernandez situation broke)
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2013, 10:19:30 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

Honestly they are athletes out there beating their wives, driving drunk, taking steroids, and killing people.  I really wouldnt waste my time worrying about a potential name change for money. 

(and yes im still jaded about ahtletes behavior since the A Hernandez situation broke)
yeah but the richest women's tennis player shouldn't need to resort to cheap publicity stunts to make a little bit of extra money.  Pretty telling about her character in general.

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2013, 10:58:24 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458

yeah but the richest women's tennis player shouldn't need to resort to cheap publicity stunts to make a little bit of extra money.  Pretty telling about her character in general.

What's wrong with a little promotion?
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2013, 12:06:21 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Business people use cheap publicity stunts to attempt to make an extra buck all the time.  It's called advertisement and promotion.

Maria Sugarpova is a smart businesswoman.  I don't have a problem with this at all. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson