Author Topic: Tacko Fall(merged threads)  (Read 42511 times)

Re: Tacko Falls Upside
« Reply #135 on: July 01, 2019, 04:19:19 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
It is funny that in another thread Kanter is being torched for his defensive inabilities (with good reasons) especially in pick n roll  but Taco is going to run around the floor like cat...

LOL! I've never even bothered to look at a pic of this kid never mind seen him play but I am highly entertained by reading these posts!! ;D

Here's a pic of him.

Hopefully, he has a little room left to grow.   ;D

« Reply #136 on: July 01, 2019, 04:22:21 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Depends on how he is used. Id have him in zone defense every time he is in there just protecting the rim so you need speed on the court along side him. You also have to feed him nonstop post ups. Though he can't shoot ft the goal would be to put the other team in foul trouble before Tacko tires and starts to get sloppy. Have to have shooters around him to limit doubles. You may have to go small and not have a PF along side him unless it's a PF with range and mobility.

Not saying it matters in this case but people do not recognize the importance of a player that can get the opposing team in foul trouble even when that player is not good at the foul line. Shaq got So many players easy points because the multiple fouls on him got the other teams in the penalty. There are two benefits from getting the other team in the penalty. Free throw shots for everybody that gets fouled and just as important the other team has to relax its defense making for easier shots for everybody on your team. Shaq gave all that to those Laker teams. He increased the production of players like Kobe, Fisher, Horry, etc.
Tacko is going to be the one getting in foul trouble.  He's not going to be going up against college kids.

Not in playoffs. They don't call most fouls then.
That's for stars.  They wouldn't give Tacko any break.

Did you watch the last two rounds of playoffs? They were letting things go for all the players.

« Reply #137 on: July 01, 2019, 04:25:02 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
This guy has to make the team 1st.  It's a long shot for him to do that.  I really wish the C's would have taken a chance on Jontay Porter.  Could have bought a late pick to secure him at camp.  He has a better chance at making a roster than Tacko does.  I am excited to see him play in the summer league though.  Could possibly be a two way player if he shows his feet aren't glued to the ground.

« Reply #138 on: July 01, 2019, 04:26:11 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I know some of you guys are joking about the pick and roll. But honestly, I never saw Bill Russell do a pick and roll. Not that he didn't once in a while. I wonder if bigs did that sort of thing in those days.

I did see Havlicek do a pick and roll in that famous OT title game with Phoenix  in the 70s that was on NBA channel a few days ago. Seems to me a real big guy would be an excellent picker if he is mobile enough to get away from the paint.

« Reply #139 on: July 01, 2019, 04:26:19 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3174
This guy has to make the team 1st.  It's a long shot for him to do that.  I really wish the C's would have taken a chance on Jontay Porter.  Could have bought a late pick to secure him at camp.  He has a better chance at making a roster than Tacko does.  I am excited to see him play in the summer league though.  Could possibly be a two way player if he shows his feet aren't glued to the ground.

Jontay can even walk at this point.

« Reply #140 on: July 01, 2019, 04:27:37 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Seriously underestimating this guy.  Great situation guy for the crybabies that say Kanter is deficient on d.

« Reply #141 on: July 01, 2019, 06:34:22 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3174

« Reply #142 on: July 01, 2019, 06:47:21 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
TACKO!!!!!

https://nesn.com/2019/07/7-foot-7-tacko-fall-impressing-celtics-at-summer-league-practices/

Haha! They say you need to walk around him if he has hands on hips as you could lose an eye! Sounds like they are impressed with him.

« Reply #143 on: July 01, 2019, 07:02:14 PM »

Offline Cousy

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 1
Seriously underestimating this guy.  Great situation guy for the crybabies that say Kanter is deficient on d.

I think Tacko is going to surprise some people.
I want to see him cover Embiid.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 07:11:10 PM by Cousy »

« Reply #144 on: July 01, 2019, 07:05:56 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I love the fact that we have tacko. He's an interesting specimen

« Reply #145 on: July 01, 2019, 07:07:11 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
“Going through doors, I have to duck,” Fall told reporters, per The Boston Globe’s Nicole Yang. “It’s kind of second nature now. Regardless of the door, I always duck. If not, you can guess what’s going to happen.”

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2019/07/7-foot-7-tacko-fall-impressing-celtics-at-summer-league-practices/

« Reply #146 on: July 01, 2019, 07:10:18 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Here's another article.

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2019/07/for-7-foot-6-tacko-fall-summer-shot-with-boston-celtics-is-a-chance-to-finally-find-something-that-fits.html

“A lot of people haven’t had the opportunity to see me up close," he said. “They’ve seen me on TV here and there. But it’s a different experience once you see me live going up and down. My body and my conditioning, there’s a lot of things I’ve learned in the off-season that have helped me improve.”

The improvements are already showing up on the court.

“Everyone expected him to be real slow but he’s shown a mobility that we weren’t necessarily ready for,” said Celtics assistant coach Scott Morrison, who is serving as the head coach in Las Vegas. "Even in the scrimmage we just had he beat some guys down the floor, caught the ball at the rim, kept the ball up and dunked. We’ve been real happy with him, he’s shown some toughness, and like everyone else on the roster here a real desire to learn and do the right thing so that makes it easier for the coaches.”

« Reply #147 on: July 01, 2019, 07:16:53 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
https://twitter.com/JoeGiza/status/1145806646310035461

Love Tacko, if he could give 10 minutes here and there would be huge.

Am getting genuinely excited for this season, not because we will win, but, it is just going to be a weird and wonderful team, doing lots of funny stuff and lots of good stuff and lots of awful stuff that's funny.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 07:23:38 PM by trickybilly »
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #148 on: July 01, 2019, 07:26:23 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Also, Tacko needs a bigger prayer rug!  ;D ;D ;D

https://twitter.com/Abdulszn/status/1142174520658333698
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #149 on: July 01, 2019, 07:30:20 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
this might be one of the funniest summer leagues in a long time .