Author Topic: Tacko Fall(merged threads)  (Read 42796 times)

Re: Tacko Falls Upside
« Reply #105 on: June 30, 2019, 02:53:01 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Gonna be a tall order cracking the rotation, but his upper limit is a really top back-up.

Above all else, he will need to set high standards for himself.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #106 on: June 30, 2019, 04:53:07 AM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
I am a believer in tacko, you can use him to take away the paint, wouldn't mind him on the roster at the minimum with a second-year team option.

« Reply #107 on: June 30, 2019, 07:00:32 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Depends on how he is used. Id have him in zone defense every time he is in there just protecting the rim so you need speed on the court along side him. You also have to feed him nonstop post ups. Though he can't shoot ft the goal would be to put the other team in foul trouble before Tacko tires and starts to get sloppy. Have to have shooters around him to limit doubles. You may have to go small and not have a PF along side him unless it's a PF with range and mobility.

« Reply #108 on: June 30, 2019, 07:33:47 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
When a 7’6” player goes undrafted... just don’t expect much.

I’m thinking ROY minimum, I’m hoping for DPOY 😁
don't be silly. Tacko wins the MVP award for sure.  ;D

Ok, you guys have talked me into it. I’m actually thinking they might make up a new award; name him lord commander of basketball.

Overlord Kim Un has already taken that title
ok fine

« Reply #109 on: June 30, 2019, 07:51:22 AM »

Offline Chef Parish

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 1673
Which person on the forums made this gem of an analysis on YouTube that made me fall asleep a new believer in Tacko Fall's NBA greatness for the Celtics?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re8OGBMPtqc

« Reply #110 on: June 30, 2019, 11:13:47 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
https://youtu.be/zq6A8rL6USI

Reminders. Celtics currently have the worst big man rotation in the NBA.

Another huge positive for Taco. He doesn't foul much either! 2.6 fouls per game over his career.

So a 7'5" big man with the greatest standing reach in the history of basketball.

A giant that runs very well, has solid quickness and can move his feet, and has no real injury history. On a team that has almost no bigs.

Taco will bring more to the table than Burritos.

With Taco, The ceiling is the roof.
1. Fall does not run really well. The eye test says as much and his combine low 3/4 sprint mark confirms it

2. Fall isn’t quick and doesn’t move his feet well. Again, lane agility was dead last and eye test confirms.

3. He had 4.5 fouls per 40 which sounds like a lot but given his size and lethargic movement it is sorta impressive to me

4. He has ZERO offensive skills and shot 36 percent from the line this year.

I just have a hard time imagining he’ll be playable. Every single team will just target him and try to get him switched as he’ll be utterly hopeless on the perimeter and his total lack of any semblance of an offensive game will make him a liability there too.

Zero offensive skill?

How about a power dunk in your face every single time and there is nothing you can do about it.

74% career Fg%. Because all you need is an average pass to this Giant and someone is getting dunked on.

« Reply #111 on: June 30, 2019, 11:16:07 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Depends on how he is used. Id have him in zone defense every time he is in there just protecting the rim so you need speed on the court along side him. You also have to feed him nonstop post ups. Though he can't shoot ft the goal would be to put the other team in foul trouble before Tacko tires and starts to get sloppy. Have to have shooters around him to limit doubles. You may have to go small and not have a PF along side him unless it's a PF with range and mobility.

You mean like this lineup.

Tacko
Hayward
Tatum
Brown
Kemba

Banner 18 confirmed

« Reply #112 on: June 30, 2019, 11:19:12 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
When a 7’6” player goes undrafted... just don’t expect much.
this.  he's more of a novelty than a legit prospect
How do you know this slam? Have you really scouted him

If you have actually watch that whole Duke game re-watched it then I'll take your opinion seriously but if you watch that game and you don't think he's going to make an impact. I disagree.
ok, you're banking your opinion on A game.  lovely.  I'll bank my opinion on the 30 GMs in the league that didn't see enough in this guy to make it worth taking him with a second rounder.  Bol Bol, who some consider a 'good' prospect and I would consider far more likely to have an NBA career than Fall (which isn't really much of one at all), fell well into the second round.

I'd love for you to be right and for me to be wrong on this but there is nothing about this kid that screams out he's more than a novelty.

« Reply #113 on: June 30, 2019, 11:32:08 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
He will have a hard time staying out of foul trouble in the pros

« Reply #114 on: June 30, 2019, 11:38:20 AM »

Offline drooldaddy

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 7
Hope for the best but expect the worst .

Baaaaaad hands

« Reply #115 on: June 30, 2019, 11:42:28 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

You mean like this lineup.

Tacko
Hayward
Tatum
Brown
Kemba

Banner 18 confirmed
I know you are joking a bit but If Tacko manages 15min per game I'd be surprised. I can't see him starting, or finishing games with his ft. He is a mid game change of team dynamic so I think he plays more with

Edwards, Smart, Hayward, and Semi.

« Reply #116 on: June 30, 2019, 11:50:28 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
He is slow and not quick. He’d get obliterated on high pick n rolls. I could see him being effective on opposing inbounds plays. Just put him in front of the inbounder and he’s massive size could be a benefit. Other than that, he’d be a big draw in Maine.

« Reply #117 on: June 30, 2019, 11:56:13 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Other than free tacos if he gets on the court and makes a shot I don't see any upside! ;)

« Reply #118 on: June 30, 2019, 12:02:09 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Not saying it matters in this case but people do not recognize the importance of a player that can get the opposing team in foul trouble even when that player is not good at the foul line. Shaq got So many players easy points because the multiple fouls on him got the other teams in the penalty. There are two benefits from getting the other team in the penalty. Free throw shots for everybody that gets fouled and just as important the other team has to relax its defense making for easier shots for everybody on your team. Shaq gave all that to those Laker teams. He increased the production of players like Kobe, Fisher, Horry, etc.

« Reply #119 on: June 30, 2019, 12:10:57 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Hope for the best but expect the worst .

Baaaaaad hands

Baaaaaad hand s = Bass hands