Author Topic: Robert Williams (Merged Threads)  (Read 238727 times)

Re: Robert Williams (Merged Threads)
« Reply #1695 on: April 14, 2019, 03:16:04 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
My lord, some of these takes. If it was so easy to average 12 assists per game do you not think that Westbrook, or Simmons, or Rondo in his prime would’ve done so?

Can anyone who thinks RWill can average 3-4 BPG care to explain why better shot-blockers - who are considerably less foul-prone than Williams - such as AD have never averaged 3+?
You didn't watch games when Williams first meet with AD? hint:one blocks another twice
Williams is clear a better shot blocker the AD
LOL. Riiiight. The rookie who played 30 odd games is a better shot blocker than the 3 time block champion who has been voted All-Defence 3 times too.

Get your green glasses off. They’ve blinded you
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1696 on: April 14, 2019, 03:56:46 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
My lord, some of these takes. If it was so easy to average 12 assists per game do you not think that Westbrook, or Simmons, or Rondo in his prime would’ve done so?

Can anyone who thinks RWill can average 3-4 BPG care to explain why better shot-blockers - who are considerably less foul-prone than Williams - such as AD have never averaged 3+?
You didn't watch games when Williams first meet with AD? hint:one blocks another twice
LOL. Riiiight. The rookie who played 30 odd games is a better shot blocker than the 3 time block champion who has been voted All-Defence 3 times too.

I think you missed the point when CB members declared RW the second coming of Bill Russell.

« Reply #1697 on: April 14, 2019, 04:01:10 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

I think you missed the point when CB members declared RW the second coming of Bill Russell.
Lol, I sadly remember that. Crazy.

And I like RWill too.

« Reply #1698 on: April 14, 2019, 06:44:09 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

Happens to some rookie every year especially after summer leauge.

« Reply #1699 on: April 14, 2019, 07:37:03 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
at draft time i couldnt believe Williams fell that far..but i really wanted Mitchell Robinson
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #1700 on: April 14, 2019, 08:33:13 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Third coming of Bill Russell. You're forgetting Greg Stiemsma
I'm bitter.

« Reply #1701 on: April 14, 2019, 08:43:46 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
For more context on how tough it is to get even 3 blocks per game, since the Celtics won in 2008 there have been only 3 instances of someone averaging 3+ blocks per game (minimum 60 games): Serge Ibaka in 2012 and 2013, and Hassan Whiteside in 2016. Expecting Williams to do that "easily" is just ridiculous
I guess you have never seen Williams plays, it will be easy for him to get 3-4 block per game if he want to

Although it's so easy, according to you, he didn't even average that against weaker college kids.

I think people need to take your comments with a huge grain of salt since you're also the same guy who had this gem...

Giannis can't shoot a 3 to save his life, Tatum is one of the best already as a 19 rookie
it's laughable to trade Tatum for him straight

It's no secret that you value Celtics ridiculously high and have no sense of their real value.

« Reply #1702 on: April 14, 2019, 09:12:20 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
For more context on how tough it is to get even 3 blocks per game, since the Celtics won in 2008 there have been only 3 instances of someone averaging 3+ blocks per game (minimum 60 games): Serge Ibaka in 2012 and 2013, and Hassan Whiteside in 2016. Expecting Williams to do that "easily" is just ridiculous
I guess you have never seen Williams plays, it will be easy for him to get 3-4 block per game if he want to

Although it's so easy, according to you, he didn't even average that against weaker college kids.

I think people need to take your comments with a huge grain of salt since you're also the same guy who had this gem...

Giannis can't shoot a 3 to save his life, Tatum is one of the best already as a 19 rookie

It's no secret that you value Celtics ridiculously high and have no sense of their real value.
Yeah, I think the emboldened is the crux of it all.

I remember being told that the 3 inch height difference between Luka Doncic and Larry Bird is why Doncic is close to his ceiling and will never reach superstar status

« Reply #1703 on: April 14, 2019, 12:26:41 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Wilt once blocked 25 shots in one game.
Wilt is also perhaps the most freakish athlete in sporting history
Playing against, on average, the least athletic players in league history, on average.

« Reply #1704 on: April 14, 2019, 01:09:08 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Playing against, on average, the least athletic players in league history, on average.
Yeah, so unless RWill morphs into 7'1" 280lb high-jumping sprinter and/or the league returns to being a far less lucrative and less literally professional place then I can't see him getting very close to 25 blocks, lol

« Reply #1705 on: April 14, 2019, 10:44:25 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

True.

« Reply #1706 on: April 14, 2019, 10:45:30 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

Yea, Bill Russell and Kareem were pretty unathletic.

« Reply #1707 on: April 14, 2019, 11:28:35 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

Yeah, I think the emboldened is the crux of it all.

I remember being told that the 3 inch height difference between Luka Doncic and Larry Bird is why Doncic is close to his ceiling and will never reach superstar status
And that statement stands correct

« Reply #1708 on: April 14, 2019, 11:30:27 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney

Can Giannis shoot 3 to save his life now? where has Giannis go in the playoffs all this years? where has Tatum his first year?

Thank you
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 11:36:51 PM by playdream »

« Reply #1709 on: April 14, 2019, 11:31:03 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
double post