Author Topic: NFL Black Monday (i.e. coach firing day)  (Read 10052 times)

NFL Black Monday (i.e. coach firing day)
« on: December 28, 2019, 02:08:13 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Openings
Browns - Stefanski
Cowboys - McCarthy
Giants - Judge
Panthers - Rhule
Redskins - Rivera
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 04:23:12 PM by Moranis »
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: NFL Black Monday (i.e. coach firing day)
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2019, 02:24:39 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Redskins have an opening?

I'd hope that they keep Callahan as the HC....

If not I guess they are reportedly looking at Marvin Lewis.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-marvin-lewis-considered-strong-candidate-for-redskins-hc-job/ar-BBYqhtD?li=BBnb7Kz

At this point I've been brow-beaten into a near lifeless pulp about the state of my Redskins. I feel like Michigan Frog WAAYYY too often these days.

Just too many years of ineptitude.....too much talent wasted.

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2019, 03:48:42 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Garrett has to go from Dallas. What I think that that really talent ladened Cowboy team needs is someone who has been there before, someone that can handle star QBs and is a proven winner. I think if Mike McCarthy went there and brought Joe Philbin with him, that would make a huge difference in Big D.

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2019, 03:51:36 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Garrett has to go from Dallas. What I think that that really talent ladened Cowboy team needs is someone who has been there before, someone that can handle star QBs and is a proven winner. I think if Mike McCarthy went there and brought Joe Philbin with him, that would make a huge difference in Big D.

I agree with you, but at the same time I feel like I've said that over the past few years yet they still have kept him  :P

But imagine if PHI loses, but so does DAL

Like that might be such a fitting way to end the season for the Cowboys, and probably Garrett too. If it were me, I'd have dumped Garrett after that Thanksgiving Day disaster (where the Bills basically dominated the Cowboys at their house). But it's clear he's Jones' puppet and he's still hanging on there.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2019, 05:10:05 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Freddie Kitchens should be fired based on his performance but no one in Ohio media is 100% certain it will happen.

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2019, 07:40:44 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-marvin-lewis-considered-strong-candidate-for-redskins-hc-job/ar-BBYqhtD?li=BBnb7Kz

At this point I've been brow-beaten into a near lifeless pulp about the state of my Redskins. I feel like Michigan Frog WAAYYY too often these days.

Rivera is the leading candidate.  I think either way Callahan would have a shot at being kept on, though usually coordinators are the two positions that head coaches really fight to bring in their own guys.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2019, 07:45:10 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Freddie Kitchens should be fired based on his performance but no one in Ohio media is 100% certain it will happen.

From the outside looking in, Kitchens certainly seems incompetent.  He should get fired. Browns are probably the most underachieving squad in the NFL this season. Especially given what they had on paper.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2019, 07:45:41 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Rivera is the leading candidate.  I think either way Callahan would have a shot at being kept on, though usually coordinators are the two positions that head coaches really fight to bring in their own guys.

I'm cool with Rivera BUT they need to keep Callahan. Haskins seemed to get his groove under him.

Additionally - Peterson showed he STILL has a lot to offer the NFL with Callahan's reliance on the run. Guise showed flashes as well, too.

I'm just ready for WAS to WIN................haven't experienced this on the regular since the 1980s with this team.

Please don't goon this up, WAS.

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2019, 09:41:21 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

I'm cool with Rivera BUT they need to keep Callahan. Haskins seemed to get his groove under him.

Additionally - Peterson showed he STILL has a lot to offer the NFL with Callahan's reliance on the run. Guise showed flashes as well, too.

I'm just ready for WAS to WIN................haven't experienced this on the regular since the 1980s with this team.

I'm with you on the state of the Skins.  it's just horrific what Snyder has done to our once proud franchise.  he needs to go before the coaching staff but to be honest, at this point I'm not sure if anything will resurrect that team without an ownership change

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2019, 09:52:05 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

I'm with you on the state of the Skins.  it's just horrific what Snyder has done to our once proud franchise.  he needs to go before the coaching staff but to be honest, at this point I'm not sure if anything will resurrect that team without an ownership change

Can THIS guy run TWO franchises?

I'd be open to him trying.

You KNOW The Washington Redskins are irrelevant when there is NO mention of Big John Riggins, The Hogs, Joe Theismann, Dexter Manley or any of the other stars we've had in the past on Madden.

My son keeps up with this stuff and we gets no love on that game.

That is what Irrelevance does to a franchise over time.

At least in Basketball BOS had SOME success over the Lean Years....the ECF in 2002-03.....some playoff victories...

Washington? How in Kyrie Irving's FLAT EARTH can an NFL team be irrelevant for like 30 years?

I don't get it.......

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2019, 09:55:24 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Can THIS guy run TWO franchises?

I'd be open to him trying.

You KNOW The Washington Redskins are irrelevant when there is NO mention of Big John Riggins, The Hogs, Joe Theismann, Dexter Manley or any of the other stars we've had in the past on Madden.

My son keeps up with this stuff and we gets no love on that game.

That is what Irrelevance does to a franchise over time.

At least in Basketball BOS had SOME success over the Lean Years....the ECF in 2002-03.....some playoff victories...

Washington? How in Kyrie Irving's FLAT EARTH can a team be irrelevant for like 30 years?
sadly, I've endured similar lean stretches as a fan of the Brewers in baseball and LA Kings in hockey.  at least the Kings have a couple of recent Cup triumphs to mitigate my fandom misery.

what I wouldn't give to have a return of the Hogs and Riggins

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2019, 10:03:19 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
I remember - back in the day - whenever The Washington Redskins made big plays they'd celebrate in the end zone like this

The Fun Bunch is what they called it.

Now? Team just hasn't exhibited much pride....at least until Callahan took over.

November was one of my favorite months with this team....they FOUGHT. When you fight you'll win a good amount of games.

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2019, 07:29:33 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Carolina and Washington already                                                                    Detroit                                                                                            Jacksonville.                                                                                    Dallas.                                                                                            Giants.                                                                                           Cleveland
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2019, 07:58:59 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Im a Miami fan from the 70's , i feel like a beaten down red headed step child .     :(

i want more than coaches , i want new owners

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2019, 08:13:20 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
I remember - back in the day - whenever The Washington Redskins made big plays they'd celebrate in the end zone like this

The Fun Bunch is what they called it.

Now? Team just hasn't exhibited much pride....at least until Callahan took over.

November was one of my favorite months with this team....they FOUGHT. When you fight you'll win a good amount of games.
unfortunately, they need a lot more than just pride to get better.  :(