Author Topic: if we keep losing how about the idea of having rondo as the 6th man  (Read 953 times)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Alot of teams i think are getting the fact that if you dare rondo to shoot and double team the big three you have a great chance to win. Its hurting to watch rondo dribble up the floor lately to just hand it off to one of the big three and run around and do nothing.

Honestly a pg in this league has to be decent at shooting at the least. I can't remember another pg who couldn't shoot well that suceeded and had a long career as a starter in the league.

For me if doc doesn't want to get fired(because he is asking for it with dumb decisions lately) he should give Pruitt a run as a starter. He could do the same thing that rondo does in offense but unlike rondo he can shoot the ball, and shoot it well. So if any of the big three is double teamed a guy like pierce will be less hesitant to pass to pruitt to shoot.

Rondo then could come in as the 6th man and i think he would do really well orchastrating the 2nd group consisting of powe, davis, tony allen (one of the big three) for example. (and also have time to develop his shot so he can be a proper starting pg)

Also changing pruitt from the start to rondo etc will confuse opponents defensive sets which is lacking right now as we must be one of the most predictable teams to play at the moment.

As for eddie house i don't think he should get regular playing time. He is ultra inefficient playing with the 2nd unit, can't dribble, has only passable defense and hasn't made a difference unless he is playing with the big three in clutch related situations. (or if you need some quick threes)

We can use him as san antonio used robert horry, for specific moments we need clutch shots

Re: if we keep losing how about the idea of having rondo as the 6th man
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 03:59:51 PM »

Offline Sweet17

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Rondo in the second unit? So what are you going to play TA and Rondo in the backcourt? That's a recipe for disaster.

Rondo needs to learn to shoot the ball better. It's really that simple.

Re: if we keep losing how about the idea of having rondo as the 6th man
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 04:00:22 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
So now gabe is good enough to be starting? nah I dont think so...doc just needs to play him more with the 2nd unit and not take him out if he even makes a hint of making a bad play, its disgusting actually, the tired 3 are turning the ball over constantly, yet gabe gets yanked if he makes 1 bad play, which would make you think Tony Allen would get no time, but for some unknown reason they love tony
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce