Author Topic: Danny needs to make a trade sooner rather than later  (Read 5944 times)

Danny needs to make a trade sooner rather than later
« on: January 08, 2009, 12:11:13 AM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
This team needs offensive help right now, especially off the bench.

The C's can't just sit and wait for the divorce to happen between Marbury and the Knicks so other things must be done in the mean time.

Whatever Danny does, I propose that Eddie House be involved and Gabe Pruitt take Eddie's minutes.  Pruitt, in the few times we've seen him perform on the court, has shown me that his shot falls more consistently than Eddie's and that his defense is actually pretty good.

Re: Danny needs to make a trade sooner rather than later
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 12:22:43 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

The C's can't just sit and wait for the divorce to happen between Marbury and the Knicks so other things must be done in the mean time.

Whatever Danny does, I propose that Eddie House be involved and Gabe Pruitt take Eddie's minutes.  Pruitt, in the few times we've seen him perform on the court, has shown me that his shot falls more consistently than Eddie's and that his defense is actually pretty good.
His shot falls more consistently than Eddie's I'm sorry but that is ridiculous. If Gabe took as many 3's as Eddie it would not even be remotely close.
However I do like Gabe over House because he can dribble, drive and play defense better than Eddie.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 12:24:46 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

His shot falls more consistently than Eddie's I'm sorry but that is ridiculous. If Gabe took as many 3's as Eddie it would not even be remotely close.
However I do like Gabe over House because he can dribble, drive and play defense better than Eddie.

I like gabe at the point alot more than eddie, but pruitt and eddie can play at the same time.

the main thing is, TA needs his minutes cut. If he's not even going to play good defense, id rather see pruitt with house getting a some of TA's minutes.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 12:26:00 AM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
Not going to happen. Danny is a very patient man, and he's not the type to panic because of a losing streak. The guys who are currently under contract need to take some responsibility and play better. They're capable of great things, as they proved with the 19-game winning streak. Yes, the Celtics are flawed, and their flaws need to be addressed in time for the playoffs, but the fans and the players both need to focus on solving their problems with the guys they currently have, and avoid thinking about getting external help.

As for Gabe, I'd like to see more of him as well, but I'd prefer that he replaced TA in the rotation.

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 12:40:30 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Not going to happen. Danny is a very patient man, and he's not the type to panic because of a losing streak. The guys who are currently under contract need to take some responsibility and play better. They're capable of great things, as they proved with the 19-game winning streak. Yes, the Celtics are flawed, and their flaws need to be addressed in time for the playoffs, but the fans and the players both need to focus on solving their problems with the guys they currently have, and avoid thinking about getting external help.

As for Gabe, I'd like to see more of him as well, but I'd prefer that he replaced TA in the rotation.

yup
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 12:41:59 AM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason

yup

And House.
God bless and good night!

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 12:46:40 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

yup

And House.

not sure i am conservative on house...
every championshop team needs a 3 poit threat to put from time to time
a.k.a. kerr....house......even poseys lucky shots..(i know theyrent lucky0
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 12:49:39 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

yup

And House.

house needs to see less minutes at the PG spot, where hes a ball movement killer, and more of tonys minutes at the SG.

gabe isn't a brillint passer, but he's better than eddie by leaps and bounds. and TA right now, is a failure.

so the solution is cut TA's minutes and give them to house, freeing gabe to play some back up point.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 01:02:24 AM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"

yup

And House.

house needs to see less minutes at the PG spot, where hes a ball movement killer, and more of tonys minutes at the SG.

gabe isn't a brillint passer, but he's better than eddie by leaps and bounds. and TA right now, is a failure.

so the solution is cut TA's minutes and give them to house, freeing gabe to play some back up point.
Exactly. Gabe at the 1, Eddie at the 2. I was done with TA after last year. I didn't want to them re-sign him, and all he's proven this year is that he can't even be consistent when he gets consistent pt. Does anyone seriously trust Tony Allen to be the backup 2 in the playoffs? How could anyone trust him?

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 01:44:34 AM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
When was the last time Eddie House hit a shot that mattered? Its been weeks.

Pruit, on the other hand, put us in prime position to beat the Rockets with his shooting. We just squandered it.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 07:53:58 AM »

Offline Michael Anthony

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
When was the last time Eddie House hit a shot that mattered? Its been weeks.

Pruit, on the other hand, put us in prime position to beat the Rockets with his shooting. We just squandered it.
House is a career .381 three point shooter. Pruitt can do a lot of things better than Eddie, but he has not proven that shooting is one of them.

That said, I am all for benching TA and giving his minutes to Gabe.
"All I have to know is, he's my coach, and I follow his lead. He didn't have to say anything in here this week. We all knew what we had to do. He's a big part of our family, and we're like his extended family. And we did what good families do when one of their own is affected." - Teddy Bruschi

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009, 08:30:03 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
One question for the OP.

With what? I mean what exactly does he have that is going to entice anyone to trade with him?

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2009, 08:36:35 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
One question for the OP.

With what? I mean what exactly does he have that is going to entice anyone to trade with him?

Powe.

Powe, TA and Scal for Joe Smith.

Then, bring up Walker and Giddens and sign Marbury.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2009, 09:04:05 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
One question for the OP.

Powe.

Powe, TA and Scal for Joe Smith.

Then, bring up Walker and Giddens and sign Marbury.
Good luck getting the GM in Seattle, oops, I mean OKC, to take Powe, Ta, and Scal for a talent like Smith. I think you are way over evaluating the talent on our bench and how they are perceived league wide.

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2009, 09:44:58 AM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 120
Ray Allen and Baby Davis for Antawn Jamison, Darius Songaila and Deshawn Stevenson. We need athletic frontcourt depth and the Wizards might be willing to reload considering Gilbert may never be the same player.  If this worked it would open up time for Pruitt at off guard or have Pierce play the 2 and have a 1st unit of Rondo,Pierce,Jamison,Garnett, and Perkins.http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=9~3200~385~1784~808&teams=27~27~2~2~2&te=&cash=